Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2021, 08:02:35 PM
Quote from: Aughafad on November 28, 2021, 04:11:41 PM
I certainly remember 2007 dublin v tyrone under lights to get the national league under way
I was down for the Dublin Tipp double header, Budwiser sorted me out with premium tickets, for free!!

Alrite Fearon pipe down

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on November 28, 2021, 08:05:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 28, 2021, 08:02:35 PM
I certainly remember 2007 dublin v tyrone under lights to get the national league under way
I was down for the Dublin Tipp double header, Budwiser sorted me out with premium tickets, for free!!

Alrite Fearon pipe down

I was showing how good the board used to be!! I've given tickets away on here also! Great for that stuff
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Which was after the rebuild.

Am I typing in Dutch?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 29, 2021, 01:51:59 PM

Am I typing in Dutch?

So we are only looking at Croke's usage after the rebuild?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2021, 01:56:32 PM

Am I typing in Dutch?

Did the old Croke Park have flood lighting?

I seem to recall any concert in the old Croke Park was during the day, but I could be wrong.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on November 29, 2021, 02:22:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2021, 01:56:32 PM

Am I typing in Dutch?

Did the old Croke Park have flood lighting?

I seem to recall any concert in the old Croke Park was during the day, but I could be wrong.

Got the go ahead in 2006 to erect lights it seems (according to google) they did it to fit in the 6 Nations

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tintin25

Everywhere I look there is somebody selling tickets for these upcoming concerts.  Are people now turned off by accommodation prices or did they purchase few more tickets thinking people would be desperate enough to pay silly money?

ONeill

It's a strange one. The build up seems to have been low key or maybe I'm not seeing it. I have 2 tickets myself and not sure if I can be bothered.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Under Lights

Quote from: tintin25 on September 06, 2022, 06:56:55 AM
Everywhere I look there is somebody selling tickets for these upcoming concerts.  Are people now turned off by accommodation prices or did they purchase few more tickets thinking people would be desperate enough to pay silly money?

Cost of living crisis mate, people are trying to put electric in the meter, entertainment is the first thing to take a hit.

Farrandeelin

Have two tickets myself, the missus paid for them and she's not for turning. Probably be home at 2am or so.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cavan19

Quote from: tintin25 on September 06, 2022, 06:56:55 AM

I know a few that bought tickets because every redneck about the place was looking to go and got sucked into the madness thinking they were going to be missing out if not going. Now the time is nearly here and their trying to move on the tickets as they realised they have f**k all interest in him and as others have said cost of living, hotel prices etc are more important to them.

RedHand88

Economy isn't where it was in 2014.
Think of the poor saps who no doubt bought 10,000 cowboy hats to sell on Jones Road. They'll struggle now.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on September 06, 2022, 07:16:04 AM
It's a strange one. The build up seems to have been low key or maybe I'm not seeing it. I have 2 tickets myself and not sure if I can be bothered.
Which begs the question why you, and seemingly hundreds of others, bought tickets for something you're not too pushed on. Fella in work the same - said yesterday he couldn't be arsed "but sure it's a day out".

balladmaker

All very low key, you'd have thought Garth mania would have engulfed the country by now.  Maybe he'll get a run-out on the Late Late Show on Friday to pull on Ireland's heartstrings ... maybe he'll be seen here and there up and down the country this week, impromptu sing song in a Dingle pub, that sort of thing, and sure we'll all say he's a grand fella.  I'm heading to the last of the shows on the 17th, looking forward to seeing what is being built to be a spectacular stage set-up etc. etc. ... but definitely not the same buzz as around 2014.  That was to be the official comeback, but the way it was handled by Brooks and his management left a sour taste for a lot of people.