Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on December 05, 2021, 10:47:32 AM
For a reply you need to ask a question.

Which part our lads lack fortitude in the game? I never seen them pull out of a tackle and we were physically far smaller that the Glenravel lads.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

rogercasement

If you look carefully you will see I retracted that statement.

geezer

Dont know much about clan eireann other than the few county lads they have. Turbitt and kelly both look superb talents so will need close attention. Think creggan will win, they are well drilled and dont give up many scores. Creggan by 3.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Calm Down on December 05, 2021, 10:45:52 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on December 05, 2021, 09:05:01 AM
Did not make the under-20 final and although had Galls down as firm favourites I am more than pleased to celebrate a huge victory for Glenravel.
Thought St Gall's were the real deal but I do note they were missing a few who were on the start list v Cargin, particularly the big mid fielder Cruikshanks.
They must be blessed with a big panel and the future is bright at Milltown.

Do note the negative comments on the referee who I believe is the best in the county. Completely honest in decision making.

So blinded by everything Cargin even your ref is the best in the county!!!

Does that mean every other ref has a motive and is dishonest in decision  making?

As for today our boys are in good shape, expect a battle but think we will sneak over the line

Wonder where I did question integrity of other refs, but I did note, and am sure Eamon is hugely annoyed at your previous snide observation.
Cargin have been the best about for a while, double,double treble....and have never resorted to attacks on an innocent Minion, burning flags and emblems.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 05, 2021, 11:33:17 AM
Did not make the under-20 final and although had Galls down as firm favourites I am more than pleased to celebrate a huge victory for Glenravel.
Thought St Gall's were the real deal but I do note they were missing a few who were on the start list v Cargin, particularly the big mid fielder Cruikshanks.

Do note the negative comments on the referee who I believe is the best in the county. Completely honest in decision making.

Does that mean every other ref has a motive and is dishonest in decision  making?

As for today our boys are in good shape, expect a battle but think we will sneak over the line

Wonder where I did question integrity of other refs, but I did note, and am sure Eamon is hugely annoyed at your previous snide observation.
Cargin have been the best about for a while, double,double treble....and have never resorted to attacks on an innocent Minion, burning flags and emblems.

You've questioned my integrity both here and at the games.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 05, 2021, 11:33:17 AM

Where did I say anything to insult or be snide to Eamon? You were the one who said he makes his decision with total honesty but implication that other refs do not!

Justice for the minion, give it a rest CB you are making an even bigger fool out of yourself that usual

country bumpkin

Quote from: Calm Down on December 04, 2021, 09:24:31 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on December 04, 2021, 09:22:18 PM

Apparently the ref wore his Cargin half zip while taking on the role of ref in the final. Disgrace

I hear he may as well have worn a Glenravel jersey the penalty he gave!

Must have been an imposter then......

Calm Down

Quote from: country bumpkin on December 05, 2021, 12:11:11 PM

Apparently the ref wore his Cargin half zip while taking on the role of ref in the final. Disgrace

Oh no that was me, wasn't convinced it was a penalty and yes I was there to see it! And I am sure knowing Eamon he would probably be more annoyed that you are on here slabbering about him than anything

EOC1923

Good game there, that's the best referee in ulster IMO

JimStynes

CE the much better side the longer it went on. Creggan were in a strong position all the same and let them back into it.

EOC1923

Agreed Jim, their youthfulness appeared to a weakness at the start but helped them in the end. I think CE may struggle with the physicality and experience of Derrygonnelly

country bumpkin

Quote from: Calm Down on December 05, 2021, 12:50:57 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on December 05, 2021, 12:11:11 PM

Oh no that was me, wasn't convinced it was a penalty and yes I was there to see it! And I am sure knowing Eamon he would probably be more annoyed that you are on here slabbering about him than anything

Possibly because you were not at the game in question as above , "I hear etc...

Spike

Creggan are a game side but quite limited technically. CEs fitness seemed to be better and they improved as the match went on.  Was only one winner once CE drew level.  No shame, both sides in bonus territory

Milltown Row2

Well I don't know which was more disappointing, giving up that lead or Cargin lads at the match cheering on every CE score, one lad nearly had a fit when the goal went it lol..

Anyways, I called it, a draw 7/1 too. Not sure how CE lined up in the first half but they certainly sorted things out in the second half, so good management from Tommy and co.

Good call on the ref, absolutely let the game flow, boys looking frees and he never bit, good team around him, as for the line ball that was brought in, which ended up the match saving drawing point, I was directly in line and I would be hard push to say the whole ball was over the line..

That's the furthest Antrim champs have got in the Ulster club since St Galls, we'll done Creggan

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 05, 2021, 04:59:02 PM
Well I don't know which was more disappointing, giving up that lead or Cargin lads at the match cheering on every CE score, one lad nearly had a fit when the goal went it lol..

Anyways, I called it, a draw 7/1 too. Not sure how CE lined up in the first half but they certainly sorted things out in the second half, so good management from Tommy and co.

Good call on the ref, absolutely let the game flow, boys looking frees and he never bit, good team around him, as for the line ball that was brought in, which ended up the match saving drawing point, I was directly in line and I would be hard push to say the whole ball was over the line..

That's the furthest Antrim champs have got in the Ulster club since St Galls, we'll done Creggan

Shock horror, parish rivals cheering for another team, must be a first
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012