Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 05, 2021, 05:04:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 05, 2021, 04:59:02 PM
Well I don't know which was more disappointing, giving up that lead or Cargin lads at the match cheering on every CE score, one lad nearly had a fit when the goal went it lol..

Anyways, I called it, a draw 7/1 too. Not sure how CE lined up in the first half but they certainly sorted things out in the second half, so good management from Tommy and co.

Good call on the ref, absolutely let the game flow, boys looking frees and he never bit, good team around him, as for the line ball that was brought in, which ended up the match saving drawing point, I was directly in line and I would be hard push to say the whole ball was over the line..

That's the furthest Antrim champs have got in the Ulster club since St Galls, we'll done Creggan

Shock horror, parish rivals cheering for another team, must be a first

I put a wee lol in there, wouldn't expect it any other way.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

geezer

Hard luck to creggan, great 1st half but just ran out of legs in extra time. Kevin Small was unplayable, far and away the best player on the pitch.

Gold

Creggan v v v unfortunate today. Thought the line ball wasn't out and I've never seen a ref move  a line ball 15 yards IN THE FIELD, to make the equalising free scored more kickable...I didn't know that was a rule

Surprised conor McCann came off and 1 sub lost the ball 3 times, running into tackles, whereas the rest were more composed.

Composure wins those games and Ricky's handpass to the CE boy, immediately after a great Creggan interception, when 2 up  in injury time was crucial. Keep possession there and game was won.

Both CE goals were crackers, both hit when no goal was on really, great strikes.

Creggan missed a few easy enough frees too.  That defeat will hurt as its a long way back and there was a real Ulster final chance there

No surprise to see 'jesting' from others who've never themselves played in a winning Ulster club game

Great effort by Creggan,. Might stand to them if they make it back, powerful middle third of their team suits Ulster club. Takes a loss to win a game in Ulster sometimes as Galls well know (drew and lost the replay to Ballinderry in their 1st year of that run, Ballinderry won the AI. Won no game The next year in 02 but then got to the Ulster final in 03, finally winning it in 05 etc).

So heads up Creggan, maith sibh agus GRMA. Kevin Small is a Rolls Royce btw.

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

The ref did it twice in the game, you can change the sideline to a 'free' and bring in on to a more advantageous position should someone obstruct the sideline, I think then Creggan contested the line ball (rightly so from my position) and the ref brought it in.

That rule has been in a while in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 05, 2021, 11:53:22 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on December 05, 2021, 11:33:17 AM
Quote from: Calm Down on December 05, 2021, 10:45:52 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on December 05, 2021, 09:05:01 AM
Did not make the under-20 final and although had Galls down as firm favourites I am more than pleased to celebrate a huge victory for Glenravel.
Thought St Gall's were the real deal but I do note they were missing a few who were on the start list v Cargin, particularly the big mid fielder Cruikshanks.
They must be blessed with a big panel and the future is bright at Milltown.

Do note the negative comments on the referee who I believe is the best in the county. Completely honest in decision making.

So blinded by everything Cargin even your ref is the best in the county!!!

Does that mean every other ref has a motive and is dishonest in decision  making?

As for today our boys are in good shape, expect a battle but think we will sneak over the line

Wonder where I did question integrity of other refs, but I did note, and am sure Eamon is hugely annoyed at your previous snide observation.
Cargin have been the best about for a while, double,double treble....and have never resorted to attacks on an innocent Minion, burning flags and emblems.

You've questioned my integrity both here and at the games.

Wouldn't even take that prejudice aul git on MR2, surprised Saffron Gael have him about them

Belfast GAA man

i started a thread on this before about Belfast GAA ' dying' and in need of support and was told off - anyone agree more given SW sweep of all age groups???dont think Belfast have won any hurling trophies in recenT history either

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 05, 2021, 07:06:54 PM
i started a thread on this before about Belfast GAA ' dying' and in need of support and was told off - anyone agree more given SW sweep of all age groups???dont think Belfast have won any hurling trophies in recenT history either

At Paul's this year

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 05, 2021, 07:25:11 PM

At Paul's this year
what was that in?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on December 05, 2021, 07:26:23 PM

At Paul's this year
what was that in?

Minor B.

Milltown Row2

At Paul's this year
what was that in?

Not sure 🤔.. was a hurling juvenile game v Glenarm? Was at Dunsilly, was doing the line

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: paddyjohn on December 05, 2021, 07:36:30 PM

At Paul's this year
what was that in?

Minor B.
so not much to shout about really - Cargin, Cregan, Agha and PG1 prob top 4 senior teams too

Hoof Hearted

Is this not the major problem straight there
Us and them
End of season weighed up by how many trophies "we" won or how many "themuns down the motorway" won
Wise the f**k up
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 05, 2021, 07:43:58 PM
Is this not the major problem straight there
Us and them
End of season weighed up by how many trophies "we" won or how many "themuns down the motorway" won
Wise the f**k up
no no no ! fair play to country clubs. Belfast is soccer dominated and poor facilities and needs Dublin like support - Gaelfast  on own not enough - We are Irelands 2nd city after all

imtommygunn

St pauls and st brigids are on the up. St endas ok too.

Hurling is different. It is just much stronger in north Antrim. I believe st johns should have won one in last five years and missed their chance.

imtommygunn

I don't think it is that big an issue any more hoof. It is amplified here by bgm and these millionaire managers who happen to be south west... not sure it is much more than that.