TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Anyone catch the Hatfield and McCoys last night, early verdict.

I thought it wasnt a bad start to be honest.

Tony Baloney

Dinny Breen

Have a new guilty pleasure - Continuum - hot leading lady and time travel what more could you want, it's quite entertaining..

#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Reminds me (at least in terms of general tropes) of Journeyman.  Kevin McKidd as a San Francisco reporter who's involuntarily traveling through time. It's basically a more serious Quantum Leap. It only lasted one series and I enjoyed what I saw of it, I really should go back and watch it end-to-end.

And to be perfectly honest Continuum reminds me most of Power Rangers Time Force. There, I said it.  :-X

Santino

Hebburn on BBC2 is v good if you enjoyed Gavin and Stacey & Moone Boy

Harold Disgracey

The last ever The Thick of it on tonight.

@Aiannucci: It's the final #thickofit Why not have a party like people did for Sex and the City? Dress as your fave character, drink a Cuntmapolitan.

5 Sams

Looking forward to Mario Rosenstock's new programme next week. TV's version of Gift Grub.....I hope!!
The Aristocrat Years

Celt_Man

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 27, 2012, 07:12:12 PM
Looking forward to Mario Rosenstock's new programme next week. TV's version of Gift Grub.....I hope!!

Where and when?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

Celt_Man

GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 17, 2012, 09:19:58 AM
Loving Person of Interest at the minute, soime cracking music at the end of each episode too.
Great show, 5 having a mid season break is annoying though-

ballinaman

Making my way through ESPN 30 for 30 at the mo,

So far I've seen Terry Fox, The U, Marion Jones, June 17th 94, Boston Redsox world series win. Brilliant Stuff.

Going to throw on the Two Escobars this morning, 2 hrs long supposedly!

Harold Disgracey

The final Thick of it was brilliant last night, Glen's resignation rant was a joy. Peter Capaldi should win every acting gong going for his performances in the final two episodes.

Minder

Quote from: ballinaman on October 28, 2012, 09:39:04 AM
Making my way through ESPN 30 for 30 at the mo,

So far I've seen Terry Fox, The U, Marion Jones, July 17th 94, Boston Redsox world series win. Brilliant Stuff.

Going to throw on the Two Escobars this morning, 2 hrs long supposedly!

They are as good as you will see when it comes to documentaries, sports or otherwise. They are just starting another series of them in the US. The Two Escobars is one of the best.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

30 for 30 is a brilliant strand. The second documentary in the new series called '9.79' was actually a BBC documentary aired before the Olympics about the 1988 Seoul Olympics 100m sprint final as 'The Race That Shocked the World'. It's an absolutely excellent documentary but hopefully 30 for 30 don't rely on secondary sources often as what they've been doing is wonderful.

They also have a series of 30 for 30 shorts on the ESPN website: http://espn.go.com/30for30/shorts