TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Came across a quirky sitcom that's just been released in America called New Girl. It's pretty good so far and even if you don't think it's funny Zooey Deschanel is the main character so you can just look at her all the time.

laceer

Just finished the final series of Entourage - the last 2 series' went downhill badly

Also finished the 2nd series of Breaking Bad. Great show so far

Don Johnson

Did you watch Entourage after the credits in the final episode?

laceer

Don Johnson

Watch it again. Very good scene with Ari and Mrs Ari in Florence or wherever they went.

Have recently started watching Party Down, an American comedy about a bunch of down and out actors and writers working in a catering company in Hollywood. Adam Scott (not the golfer) of Stepbrothers and more is in it along with Lizzy Caplan and a lot more.

The first episode of Boardwalk was very good.

Am two episodes into Sons Of Anarchy series four as well, has started well compared to series three. That got a bit embarrassing with the Irish angle.

nifan

Quote from: Don Johnson on September 29, 2011, 02:05:07 PM
Have recently started watching Party Down, an American comedy about a bunch of down and out actors and writers working in a catering company in Hollywood. Adam Scott (not the golfer) of Stepbrothers and more is in it along with Lizzy Caplan and a lot more.

They canceled it after the second season though :(

tyroneman

ONeill

Quote from: Doogie Browser on September 20, 2011, 12:22:08 PM
I see Modern Family cleaned up at the Emmys, does anyone watch this?

Just finished watching the whole first series. Tremendous entertainment.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Forever Green

Boardwalk Empire starting this Saturday again on Sky Atlantic. Just a heads up for those who are watching it

clarshack

Quote from: Don Johnson on September 29, 2011, 10:57:10 AM

nearly missed it myself.

watched 1st episode of terra nova last nite. looks like it could be good.

laceer

Quote from: Don Johnson on September 29, 2011, 10:57:10 AM

Just got round to watching it this evening. That's it set up for the film. Ari and Drama are the two best characters by far

Bingo

The Walking Dead back on US this weekend, airs in UK on 21st.

Looking forward to it, more episodes in this season and be interesting to see how they build on it.

tbrick18

Quote from: Bingo on October 11, 2011, 12:00:37 PM

Looking forward to it, more episodes in this season and be interesting to see how they build on it.

Is that the Zombie series? I watched the first series....thought it was very good.

Bingo

Quote from: tbrick18 on October 11, 2011, 01:04:00 PM
Quote from: Bingo on October 11, 2011, 12:00:37 PM

Is that the Zombie series? I watched the first series....thought it was very good.

Yeah, thats the one. Same as that, it was a short run though and was easy to keep you involved. Be interesting to see how they have expanded it now this longer run.

The Iceman

Just watched the first episode of Walking Dead - good enough so far. Looks like a short series with only 6 episodes?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight