stag do - dublin - where to go? games to humiliate stag?

Started by quit yo jibbajabba, June 19, 2009, 09:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

lads; the title says it all;
crowd headin down to dublin tomorrow for an all dayer; have a few rough ideas of where to go; but any advice of places to go/avoid would be appreciated also;

also, i saw on here a while back a few ideas of things to get the stag to do; not to humiliate him as i said, but just to make him sweat a bit/get the craic goin etc;
basically the crowd im goin with are a bit borin(they are lurkers on here,lol) so any ideas are welcome;

goin shappin for some threads here now, so cant reply to suggestions for a bit, but dont let me down!

and first one to say coppers gets a blue peter badge

lynchbhoy

Rody bolands bar top of rathmines, then head to cassidys bar camden st (good GAA pub and owned/ran by Donegal fanatic and Daniel odonnells brother Jamesy)
sure its only a short stagger down harcourt st to copper face jacks then !

as for humiliating games...you're some friend !
:o

wherefromreferee?

Bouncers in the capital can be knobs when they see a big crowd of lads/friends all trying to get into a bar/club at the one time.  Best to go in smaller groups of 3 or 4.
In your Endo!

quit yo jibbajabba

cheers lynchboy;

nah, definitely dont wanna humiliate him, just make him sweat a bit (we're goin back to coppers with this one,lol)
just a few ideas of things to get him to do that wont ultimately involve eyebrows or garda....

wherefrom, aye gonna be aimin to do that; heard dublin aint as stag friendly as before

Denn Forever

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 19, 2009, 10:03:08 AM
Rody bolands bar top of rathmines, then head to cassidys bar camden st (good GAA pub and owned/ran by Donegal fanatic and Daniel odonnells brother Jamesy)
sure its only a short stagger down harcourt st to copper face jacks then !

as for humiliating games...you're some friend !
:o

If you follow Lynchbhoy's itinery, stop off at Surma Indian restuarent beside Cassidys for some grub.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dinny Breen

QuoteIf you follow Lynchbhoy's itinery, stop off at Surma Indian restuarent beside Cassidys for some grub.

>:( Are they drinking or ating?

You should check Flannery's as well, same street and always full of nurses  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 19, 2009, 10:27:29 AM
QuoteIf you follow Lynchbhoy's itinery, stop off at Surma Indian restuarent beside Cassidys for some grub.

>:( Are they drinking or ating?

You should check Flannery's as well, same street and always full of nurses  ;)
Thats thoughtful of you Dinny, nurses in case anyone comes to harm on the stag, they can then provide relief.

quit yo jibbajabba

"wherefrom"...twas me and you had the giggle last week ont'derry thread bout my lurkin "friend" who then went all shy when certain prominent bar owners were mentioned, lol;

hes back onto me there; obviously not as shy this week, wants me to mention his recent irish news appearance; (he's derrys answer to tony fearon);
he may or may not be for this stag do also; i'll keep you informed of his antics on monday;
he does some lurkin; any wonder the government had to introduce this car scrappage initiative;  ;)

cheers to the other guys for their input; is flannerys just off st stephens green?  used to live in dublin, but was always crap with pub names; too bloody many

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 19, 2009, 10:44:09 AM
"wherefrom"...twas me and you had the giggle last week ont'derry thread bout my lurkin "friend" who then went all shy when certain prominent bar owners were mentioned, lol;

hes back onto me there; obviously not as shy this week, wants me to mention his recent irish news appearance; (he's derrys answer to tony fearon);
he may or may not be for this stag do also; i'll keep you informed of his antics on monday;
he does some lurkin; any wonder the government had to introduce this car scrappage initiative;  ;)

cheers to the other guys for their input; is flannerys just off st stephens green?  used to live in dublin, but was always crap with pub names; too bloody many

I'll not forget ye Jibbajabba, you nor your lurking friends. He wasn't Pol from Ballinderry by any chance!?
In your Endo!

INDIANA

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on June 19, 2009, 10:16:45 AM
Bouncers in the capital can be knobs when they see a big crowd of lads/friends all trying to get into a bar/club at the one time.  Best to go in smaller groups of 3 or 4.

Really would bear this in mind. The slightest hint that 10/15 of you are togther in a group and you'll be refused.

gallsman

For Saturdays you can't look beyond Rody's and Flannery's. Two fantastic pubs with great throwback cheesy music and generally decent clientele. Few dodgy student types except the Trinity GAA club...

Closer into town, Doyle's and Bankers are great pubs to get a few pints in.

For those of you who like to dance by jumping up and down vertically to crappy Saw Doctors songs whilst spilling your drink on everyone around you and driving women away, Coppers is the only place!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on June 19, 2009, 01:05:54 PM

For those of you who like to dance by jumping up and down vertically to crappy Saw Doctors songs whilst spilling your drink on everyone around you and driving women away, Coppers is the only place!

Sounds like my sort of place  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Massey-135

For Saturdays you can't look beyond Rody's and Flannery's. Two fantastic pubs with great throwback cheesy music and generally decent clientele. Few dodgy student types except the Trinity GAA club...

Ideal night.

gallsman

Quote from: Massey-135 on June 19, 2009, 02:24:01 PM

Ideal night.

Could be worse. At least Coppers is packed with women. Head up to Quinn's and you get more of the same (they might even throw in "Las Vegas in the Hills of Donegal" six or seven times for you) except precious little women!