Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 27, 2009, 07:42:19 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on August 27, 2009, 07:33:30 PM
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 27, 2009, 06:35:38 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 27, 2009, 05:58:21 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 27, 2009, 05:48:49 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 27, 2009, 05:46:00 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 27, 2009, 05:42:33 PM
How come A. Madrid could not go into Arsenals group?

How come the Champions league has teams that haven't been champions for decades?

That doesn't answer my question ???

Because of TV or security I think..They cant be on same side of the draw as Real as both would have to play same night.
Yeah because there is 4 spanish teams there has to be 2 teams on each side, i.e "red" and "blue, A-D ad E-H respectively. Likewise with the English and German or any country with 2 or more teams.

English teams:

Arsenal: Will be laughing all the way back to the Emirates. No team who can trouble them and may well end up with 18 points. Az Alkmaar have spent big this summer but with this group they can concentrate on the Premiership until the 2nd round where the going will get tougher

Chelsea: Unfortunate that they get a group like this with their revival up and away but will be expecting to qualify. Porto are a good side with some handy players, despite selling many sta players, have brought in good replacements. Atletico will be very dangerous and will be Chelsea's main threat but a Chelsea-Madrid 1-2 is the expected result.

United: A lot of travling involved but the quality of the teams itself shouldn't pose too much of a threat to United. Wolfsburg were the Pot 4 team to avoid but will be aiming for 2nd place at best. A great draw for Sir Alex's men and will be expected to progress with ease.

Liverpool: An interesting one. The only English team not expected to progress easily Liverpool may not even progress. Lyon have spent big this summer after failing to win the French title and their board will be expecting big things, toppling Liverpool will be one of them. They were very impressive in their defeat of Anderlecht and could be the joint favourites for this group. In saying that Fiorentina are still a great side and this group will surely throw up some fantastic matches.

Look forward to the season ahead and hopefully I may see a first ever Champions League win for Chelsea. Wil e a great year and some stunning draws, especially the Milan teams, but this is the reason for paying for Sky Sports.

i cant see 3 good games in the draw >:(
Inter Milan-Barcelona
Ac Milan-Real Madrid
Liverpool-Lyon
Bayern-Juventus
Chelsea-Porto
Chelsea -Atletico
Sevilla-Stuttgart
and they play twice as well but, yeah, no real draws ::)

But most of those matches dont mean much as most of those teams will easily qualify from their groups.  I hate the group stages of the Champions cup, always very predictable who will go through.  A big gulf in class normally from the top two seeds in the group and the bottom two teams.  The real football wont start until the knockout stages.

AFS

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 27, 2009, 07:39:57 PM
Maicon : Absolute quality brazillian defender.
You do realise its not the same Maicon as the one at Inter.

Prediguer: Argentine national player
One cap, for 20 minutes, in a friendly, against Panama.

Interesting that you seem to forgt all the other established national players they bought and concentrate on the reserves and youth players. BTW not great replacements good.(also adequate or satisfactory I never said Cristiano Ronaldo quality.
What established players? Belluschi with his 2 caps? Pereira with 6? Sa with 1 maybe?

United's draw. Russia's "Champions have never reached the second round of the Champions League, Wolfsburg, although a decent team, won't trouble United, and FYI, won the league due to Bayern's inadequacies and please, enlighten me with the quality that Besiktas have in their team
:D Unlike yourself, I never claimed to be an expert on all these teams. But a cursory glance at Wolfsburg's squad is enough to dismiss your idea that they're plodders that Bayern let get lucky. They set all sorts of scoring and winning streak records in the Bundesliga last term, but sure maybe that was just down to the other 19 teams' inadequacies.

Fiorentina are still a good side with players like Zanetti, Gilardino, Frey, Jorgensen and Montovilo.
Who've done sweet FA despite having most of these players for the last 3 or 4 years.

Genoa, who had an extraordinary season(likewise Wolfsburg, Ipswich, Everton,Rubin Kazan, Unirea urziceni, Sevilla in history) were behina "alright" team like, oh I don't know Inter milan, Juve and AC. They still defeated Sporting Lisbon who aren't bad now.
No, in fact Sporting are so good they let themselves fall to the largest aggregate defeat in Champions League history last year. 12-1, deadly team ::)

If you're going to argue with little niggling facts because you're an awfully annoying little prcik here and in real life, check your facts. Don't try to know more than me, you don't.
There's an awful smell of bullshittery about some of your posts, and this is not the first time someone has called you up on this crap. Also, classy wee bit of personal abuse there. Well done.

ludermor

:D :D
Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 27, 2009, 07:50:21 PM

First of all, not you.
And secondly, he's "tried" to correct me on three posts and turned out to be all wrong so, yeah. This thread is full posters who just have to prove people wrong, the reason they have to find companionshp on this thread.
Quote of the year!!!!!

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: AFS on August 27, 2009, 08:36:31 PM
Maicon : Absolute quality brazillian defender.
You do realise its not the same Maicon as the one at Inter.

Prediguer: Argentine national player
One cap, for 20 minutes, in a friendly, against Panama.

Interesting that you seem to forgt all the other established national players they bought and concentrate on the reserves and youth players. BTW not great replacements good.(also adequate or satisfactory I never said Cristiano Ronaldo quality.
What established players? Belluschi with his 2 caps? Pereira with 6? Sa with 1 maybe?

United's draw. Russia's "Champions have never reached the second round of the Champions League, Wolfsburg, although a decent team, won't trouble United, and FYI, won the league due to Bayern's inadequacies and please, enlighten me with the quality that Besiktas have in their team
:D Unlike yourself, I never claimed to be an expert on all these teams. But a cursory glance at Wolfsburg's squad is enough to dismiss your idea that they're plodders that Bayern let get lucky. They set all sorts of scoring and winning streak records in the Bundesliga last term, but sure maybe that was just down to the other 19 teams' inadequacies.

Fiorentina are still a good side with players like Zanetti, Gilardino, Frey, Jorgensen and Montovilo.
Who've done sweet FA despite having most of these players for the last 3 or 4 years.

Genoa, who had an extraordinary season(likewise Wolfsburg, Ipswich, Everton,Rubin Kazan, Unirea urziceni, Sevilla in history) were behina "alright" team like, oh I don't know Inter milan, Juve and AC. They still defeated Sporting Lisbon who aren't bad now.
No, in fact Sporting are so good they let themselves fall to the largest aggregate defeat in Champions League history last year. 12-1, deadly team ::)

If you're going to argue with little niggling facts because you're an awfully annoying little prcik here and in real life, check your facts. Don't try to know more than me, you don't.
There's an awful smell of bullshittery about some of your posts, and this is not the first time someone has called you up on this crap. Also, classy wee bit of personal abuse there. Well done.
Big man on the internet you [insert personal abuse here]. Report me then and be the big man.
Oh and FYI, if you haven't realised Fiorentina were disbanded and had to reform after the match-fixing scandal back to Seria C3. yeah, they sure have been really bad trying to rebuild after that.
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Gabriel_Hurl

gerry

bbc

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW: 1100 GMT

Group winners: ARSENAL, Barcelona, Bordeaux, CHELSEA, Fiorentina, MAN UTD, Real Madrid, Sevilla.
Runners-up: AC Milan, Bayern Munich, CSKA Moscow, FC Porto, Lyon, Inter Milan, Olympiakos, Stuttgart.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Shortso79

gerry

Shortso79

Shortso79

Shortso79

gerry

FC Porto v ARSENAL

AC Milan v MAN UTD

Square Ball

Quote from: gerry on December 18, 2009, 11:23:26 AM
FC Porto v ARSENAL

AC Milan v MAN UTD

that could have been easier
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Hoof Hearted

that match will all be about Beckham back at Old Trafford, the match will be hardly be mentioned

likewise Jose back at the Bridge
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

full back

Tough game for the PL Champions.

Noy being a pessimist but the way Utd are currently playing means they are up sh1t street.
New signings in January for the midfield are needed, but the challenge is to get someone who hasnt played in the CL yet.

Few other good ties as well