NFL Division Two 2022

Started by Blowitupref, January 15, 2022, 09:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Quote from: kopite on March 26, 2022, 11:07:08 AM
True,nothing soft from Joyce.. ..what's the story with Walsh ?..is it injury or just out of form at the moment?
Injured as far as I know. He was playing well earlier in the league - his last two performances were poor against Offaly & Clare.
No idea if injury was a factor in those games or not tbh.

seafoid

With the addition of the Dubs and the Flourbags getting out of D2 next year will be a hoor.

seafoid

Poor Derry. Stitched up by the Connachtaigh.

Wildweasel74

End of the Day we couldn't beat either Roscommon or Galway so not much complaints.

An Fhairche Abu

Regardless of the team that lined out, poor enough stuff from Galway but I suppose once the job had been done last week, in fairness all judgement on 2022 must be reserved until after Mayo match.
Can Galway be competitive and put in a performance against one of the top 3 teams in the country? That's the major question left, no one will remember the Division Two final result at the end of the summer, both teams have won it recently enough as well.

Rossfan

Well done to Anthony and the lads on once more bouncing back at the first attempt.
An excellent 2nd quarter and Galway with a man in sin bin meant this game was over at half time.
We struggled to get the fluency going understandably with the scoreboard and a hot day.
Substitutions disrupted any rhythm we had left in a challenge like 2nd half.
A flattering 5 point defeat for Galway who'll hardly lose any sleep over this game.
A day out for both of us in a needless game in Croker next Sunday where we'll be surrounded by loads of the dreaded rhubarbs.
Ah well....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 15, 2022, 09:05:03 PM
To be promoted

Galway 8/11
Derry 6/4
Meath 6/4
Cork 7/4
Roscommon 3/1
Down 13/2
Offaly 10/1
Clare 12/1

Bookies/punters was spot on with Galway promoted and Offaly relegated but a good bit off on Clare and Roscommon.

seafoid

How likely are Ros to stay up ?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on March 27, 2022, 05:32:04 PM
Well done to Anthony and the lads on once more bouncing back at the first attempt.
An excellent 2nd quarter and Galway with a man in sin bin meant this game was over at half time.
We struggled to get the fluency going understandably with the scoreboard and a hot day.
Substitutions disrupted any rhythm we had left in a challenge like 2nd half.
A flattering 5 point defeat for Galway who'll hardly lose any sleep over this game.
A day out for both of us in a needless game in Croker next Sunday where we'll be surrounded by loads of the dreaded rhubarbs.
Ah well....

Will you have the Kerry jersey on underneath the Roscommon one?  ;D Connacht abĂș.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Well done to Roscommon on joining Galway in Div 1. 11 points ahead at half time was impressed stuff and game won but I suppose a few Galway lads given a chance today played themselves out of championship start.

Hard luck to Derry whom I believe got the highest points total for a 3rd place team since this league format came into place in 2007 and to Offaly who gave a good account of themselves during this campaign but just came up short.

Rudi

Mighty stuff from the Rossies, unbeaten in 7 games & only unbeaten team in the country. Great to see Harney going injury free & Nolan going well. We now have 4 midfield options  when for years we had only 1.
Smith left to do his best work on the 40 & the older brother doing well to, Cox back to his best. The second quarter we looked really good. Next year a shootout in Division 1 between Ulster & Connacht.

Rossfan

I think there's one other team involved too? ;D
Only unbeaten team in the League has a nice ring to it.
A good League campaign with 12 or 13 players making League debuts yet getting promoted.
Farr.... I wouldn't ever wear any other County Jersey....even a ream playing ye bucks.
A few of ye're lot were still around Carrick c 7pm.

Tubberman

Quote from: Rossfan on March 27, 2022, 09:08:44 PM
I think there's one other team involved too? ;D
Only unbeaten team in the League has a nice ring to it.
A good League campaign with 12 or 13 players making League debuts yet getting promoted.
Farr.... I wouldn't ever wear any other County Jersey....even a ream playing ye bucks.
A few of ye're lot were still around Carrick c 7pm.

Not a bad spot to be stuck of a sunny evening!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

They were wrong side of bridge though ;)

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: thejuice on March 27, 2022, 03:41:52 PM
Full Time

Meath 2-11
Derry 1-16

Couldn't get it back in our favour. Battled well but didn't have enough in midfield and defense ultimately.

Well done Derry

Watching Sunday game there, seen something at the end but didn't properly see what happened. The ball was played back to the Meath goalkeeper and because he touched it a free in was given. They were saying he should've let it go for a 45 which makes sense. But what was the circumstances in which the keeper touching the ball equated to a free in?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!