Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: heffo on June 25, 2018, 03:07:41 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 25, 2018, 03:03:27 PM
Surely Kildare county board have agreed to this on some level? Couldn't go ahead without them giving the go ahead.... could it??

They should threaten to not field but they don't have to agree, the CCCC or any CCC for that matter can fix games as they wish and you can't object/appeal a fixture (that is assuming of course there is a get out clause in the rules that they don't automatically get home advantage without conditions)

Interesting, are you aware of any clauses Heffo? Is this tied back to the bail out do you think?
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Surely Kildare county board have agreed to this on some level? Couldn't go ahead without them giving the go ahead.... could it??

They should threaten to not field but they don't have to agree, the CCCC or any CCC for that matter can fix games as they wish and you can't object/appeal a fixture (that is assuming of course there is a get out clause in the rules that they don't automatically get home advantage without conditions)

Yeah, I was wondering if there is a 'provided that...' attached to the home advantage bit.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 03:13:08 PM

Interesting, are you aware of any clauses Heffo? Is this tied back to the bail out do you think?

I'd imagine any new competition being drawn up would have a rule along the lines of first team drawn out gets home advantage *Provided home ground meets certain requirements and final decision rests with CCCC*

Would be very surprised if there were still any strings around the bailout - more likely a behind doors deal was done.

KCB should stand their ground, no reason the game shouldn't go ahead in Newbridge.

Mayo4Sam14

Ffs the same whinging holes crying bloody murder over this would be giving out stink if they couldn't get a ticket. This is fairly standard in GAA and not comparable to what happens in a different sport in England. Either way Croke Park is a lot closer to Kildare than Mayo and the winner is going to be decided by the best team on the day (possibly aided by dodgy officiating knowing the way things go) not the patch of grass the games played on.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Crete Boom

I think there is a provided for clause in the terms and conditions for the GAA season ticket. As far as I can see you are only guaranteed a ticket to all champinship and league games and the All Ireland if you have attended 60% of these games in total.
I don't remember the bring a friend option being available for the 2015 semi final against the Dubs on the first day anyway.

Tubberman

Looks like it's going ahead in Croker - mails sent out to season ticket holders with 'Bring a Friend' option etc
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

twohands!!!

So I presume this means that if Kildare beat Mayo and then beat Cork or Roscommon in Round 4, which would put them in Dublin's group, Dublin would end up playing their home, neutral and away games in Croke Park.   :o

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 25, 2018, 03:23:59 PM
Ffs the same whinging holes crying bloody murder over this would be giving out stink if they couldn't get a ticket. This is fairly standard in GAA and not comparable to what happens in a different sport in England. Either way Croke Park is a lot closer to Kildare than Mayo and the winner is going to be decided by the best team on the day (possibly aided by dodgy officiating knowing the way things go) not the patch of grass the games played on.

Yeah, it's not like Mayo supporters ever moaned about the choice of venue for a match before.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Syferus

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 25, 2018, 03:27:38 PM
So I presume this means that if Kildare beat Mayo and then beat Cork or Roscommon in Round 4, which would put them in Dublin's group, Dublin would end up playing their home, neutral and away games in Croke Park.   :o

That's one hell of a jump you made there, you should try for the Olympics.

Crete Boom

Could still be the way if Mayo do that. Using the same logic if Mayo had the Dubs at home McHale park only holds 30,000 so that would leave about 40,000 left outside who would normally go to that game. Therefore GAA logic tells us you can't leave patrons outside if it can be helped so Croker is the only place for that match. If Croke park throw in the swettener of relaxing the terms of the loan they took over from Ulster Bank then I am sure oru CB would go for it and tell us this was all in the interest of the Mayo fans so they could see there team etc... (Not a shot at any Dubs by the way)

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Tubberman on June 25, 2018, 03:27:08 PM
Looks like it's going ahead in Croker - mails sent out to season ticket holders with 'Bring a Friend' option etc

There will be plenty of seats so. Kildare supporters won't travel. I think it's fair to say the GAA have lost the war in Kildare. Nearly 70k in CP last year, a bangwagon second only to Dublin in it's pomp, that's a lot of money to lose.
#newbridgeornowhere

twohands!!!

Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2018, 03:30:40 PM

That's one hell of a jump you made there, you should try for the Olympics.

If Kildare do end up in Dublin's group, where do you expect a Dublin v Kildare game to be played?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 03:33:06 PM

There will be plenty of seats so. Kildare supporters won't travel. I think it's fair to say the GAA have lost the war in Kildare. Nearly 70k in CP last year, a bangwagon second only to Dublin in it's pomp, that's a lot of money to lose.

I wasn't joking earlier:

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 25, 2018, 09:36:15 AM
Handy one for Mayo. All the Kildare boys will be at the Derby.

;D
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

macdanger2

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 25, 2018, 03:28:05 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 25, 2018, 03:23:59 PM

Yeah, it's not like Mayo supporters ever moaned about the choice of venue for a match before.

You're not replying to a Mayo poster there DH.

Kildare should definitely be allowed to retain home advantage, it would have made for a great atmosphere

Crete Boom

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 03:33:06 PM

It is a pity cause while I still give Kildare a right good chance of catching us on Sat, the game in Newbridge would have been a great occasion that I was looking forward to. Yeah lots of Mayo fans would have missed it but this is what the season ticket is for adventures like Thurles last Sat or Ennis last year!! The best atmosphere last year at a Mayo game apart from the All Ireland was either Ennis or the second half of the Derry game in Castlebar in my opinion.