Paul Conroy
Tom Flynn
Eamonn Brannigan
Barry McHugh
Seán Kelly
Ian Burke
Damien Comer (C)
Shane Walsh

No Kerin is significant I feel as with Silke already missing, Galway are now without both their starting corner-backs and there's a bit of a drop off to the next two.

Certainly a huge loss. Flynn again gets the nod, needs a big game from him. Conroy needs a big game too, against the Dubs his shooting and kick passing was very poor and he didn't do much for the half hour he was on against Mayo; The pair of them have Duggan & Cooke breathing down their necks.

Lads, if I'm not mistaken that's just the published team from the Sligo game, which didn't even start that game. I don't think that announced team is worth the HTML tags it was made with.
I hope you are right. Though to be fair there was only one change from the published team to the team that started.
Conroy replaced by Cooke. I know from talking to a member of the panel that Conroy was named as they were waiting until Sunday morning to decide if he would make it or not as he was 50-50.

seafoid

At least Galway have decent competition for places now. There are a lot of good forwards who can't make the team, for example.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

weareros

Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2018, 12:14:00 PM
KW will no doubt have motivational material to remind the lads of where complacency can lead in matches against Riscommon

https://youtu.be/1q6otO_GLTY

Well, if ye use Willie Hegarty for inpiration, that would make me confident.

Manning18

Kerin's a massive loss. The best defender there in the spot with the least cover. Wouldn't be surprised to see a change around the middle, possibly McHugh dropping out and Cooke/Duggan coming in

galwayman

Quote from: Manning18 on June 14, 2018, 03:50:55 PM
Kerin's a massive loss. The best defender there in the spot with the least cover. Wouldn't be surprised to see a change around the middle, possibly McHugh dropping out and Cooke/Duggan coming in
There is zero chance of McHugh being dropped with his free taking ability.

Manning18

Quote from: galwayman on June 14, 2018, 03:52:33 PM

He was quite happy to give him basically zero minutes in last years championship despite playing the full league and being fully fit. One more fixture in the inside line now with Burke who wasn't there for Mayo. We'll see

seafoid

Quote from: weareros on June 14, 2018, 03:48:16 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 14, 2018, 12:14:00 PM
KW will no doubt have motivational material to remind the lads of where complacency can lead in matches against Riscommon

https://youtu.be/1q6otO_GLTY

Well, if ye use Willie Hegarty for inpiration, that would make me confident.
Presumably Ros will have been working on whatever gaps there were last year too. 3 Connacht teams in the Super 8 would be good.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

I can't see Sligo making the last 8.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on June 14, 2018, 04:29:32 PM
I can't see Sligo making the last 8.

Leitrim are still in with a shout.

Mayo4Sam14

What's the story with Kerin? How long is he out for?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Manning18 on June 14, 2018, 04:09:57 PM

He was quite happy to give him basically zero minutes in last years championship despite playing the full league and being fully fit. One more fixture in the inside line now with Burke who wasn't there for Mayo. We'll see

I'd agree with galwayman here, Shane Walsh missed a 13 metre tap over free against Sligo whereas McHugh is money from frees every time and has improved his overall play a good bit since 2017. I'll be shocked if he's fit to play and doesn't start.

Duine Eile

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 15, 2018, 03:04:58 PM

I'd agree with galwayman here, Shane Walsh missed a 13 metre tap over free against Sligo whereas McHugh is money from frees every time and has improved his overall play a good bit since 2017. I'll be shocked if he's fit to play and doesn't start.

Agree, McHugh won't be dropped. The way Comer plays he's going to draw scorable frees and you're nearly guaranteed a score when McHugh is standing over them.

Manning18

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 15, 2018, 03:04:58 PM

Its not my opinion on him, more what I think KW might do. If they're truly committed to playing Comer inside, as it looks like they are, then with Burke there also you have to remove McHugh out to wing forward and the tracking back that entails. He loves pace in his breakers from deep. I think he'll play but if there is a change and a third midfielder comes in, I'd strongly wager that McHugh will be the one to lose out, rightly or wrongly