American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: magickingdom on November 22, 2008, 08:26:27 PM
see ohio st v michigan got voted best rivalry in the states lately (think it was usa today). there will be over 100,000 people at it

Bit of a mis-match
Ohio 42
Michigan 7

Carmen Stateside

Bretts Jets going well against the undefeated Titans
Would be a massive win if they hold on!
Farve threw his 500 TD aswell!

gawa316

Anyone got a decent stream for the raiders game?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gabriel_Hurl

Owens with 213 yds receiving today

magickingdom

what about them jets!! some lucky calls tho..

MaroonAndWhite

The Giants are some team....no Jacobs and no Plaxico and still comfortable against Cardinals.

thejuice

How about them Falcons! What a win. It was do or die and we got it done. WE had a great first half but Carolina came out in the 2nd half and just marched unhindered up the field for a TD. Then gutsy call going into the "hurry-up" offence to regain momentum with Matt Ryan doing an excellent job at the controls. For me he has been the most impressive rookie QB I've ever seen in my years watching the game. He was able to change it up on the fly and make tough 3rd down plays. On the ground Michael Turner who has been the big difference this season kept the ball moving down field with some big plays and he's unstoppable in goal-line situations.

Carolina came back with a running TD from Jake Delhomme. On the way up the field JD was finding Steve Smith on almost every play. But thankfully the falcons kept ahead of their division rivals with another great drive by Ryan and Turner. Player of the game Douglas caught a pass and broke away only to be brought down inside the 5. Harry Douglas finished the game with 1 rushing TD, 92 recieving yards, 188 rushing yds and a TD on a punt return. That return broke Carolina spirits and the Falcons ran in another TD to make it look comfortable.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magpie seanie

Matt Ryan is seriously impressive alright. He should be something special for years to come.

Bears back on track with an easy win against the brutal Rams. Huge challenges ahead though. Next week away to Minnesota is huge. A win there would set things up well with the Packers (c'mon New Orleans tonight!) to come to Soldier Field in December. Bears have struggled with Adrian Peterson so will obviously need to step up there but not leave the depleted secondary exposed. Orton broke a franchise record for consecutive pass attempts with no interceptions and while unspectacular isn't losing games as his predecessor did. Hester getting more involved on offense but his return game is gone to hell.

Giants look awesome. Their city rivals the Jets continue their good season. Favre is some boy but the supporting cast including Bears old boy Thomas Jones is not too bad either.

thejuice

The current play-off picture

AFC:
Home Field Advantage
1. Titans
2. Steelers

Divison Champs:
3. Jets
4. Bronco's

Wild Card:
5. Ravens
6. Patriots

Still in with a shot:
Bills
Colts
Dolphins

NFC:
Home Field Advantage
1. Giants
2. Buccaneers

Division Champs:
3. Cardinals
4. Bears

Wild Card:
5. Panthers
6. Redskins

Still in with a shot:
Falcons
Cowboys
Vikings
Eagles
Packers*
Saints*

*remove 1 after tonight
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gabriel_Hurl

thejuice

Yeah, on form  i would say they are, though not mathematically.

AZOffaly

Well that was a reality check for the Cardinals alright. I have to say though, reality is not that bad a place for them. They've definitely come on, but the reasons why they won't be a major force were there again.

When you play a good defence, Warner gets hit and his passes are naturally a bit off, but it was a credit to him, and the receivers, that they kept going. They scored more against the Giants than most teams will. The balance is not there though. Hightower getting 2 TDs is lovely, but when you are averaging less than 3 yards a carry, your passing offense is going to be much more dominant in terms of play calling than it should be, and good defenses can shut that down, and worse, hurt the QB.

On the Defensive side, I think it was glaringly obvious again that the blitz packages that leave the corners one v one need to get there. If they don't get there, then the corners are not good enough to defend man on man. Yeah, they'll get the odd pick, but too often they look completely lost and regularly get taken for 15-20-30-40 yard plays.

Still 7-4, and improving. It's a big ask to win in Philly on Thursday, because Philly is east of the Mississippi!!!, but it would be great to wrap up the division next weekend.

Rossie11

Packers*
Saints*

*remove 1 after tonight
You couldnt rule out the packers even if they lose tonight. Would still only be 1 game behind.
Its win or bust for the saints tho.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossie11 on November 24, 2008, 01:48:15 PM
Packers*
Saints*

*remove 1 after tonight
You couldnt rule out the packers even if they lose tonight. Would still only be 1 game behind.
Its win or bust for the saints tho.

Yeah. The Pack will still be in the hunt if they lose tonight.