Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 06, 2017, 08:09:18 PM
Seen it all before Spike..........sure MR2 is spokesman for the whistlers.....he will be so upset......... :)

Got to give it to the CHC, board and SV......while everyone else is trying to become more professional, Antrim are bucking the trend with rank amateurism and cronyism at every level.   Feel for mckeever who has basically had his integrity questioned by his own people.

paddyjohn

McKeever family are going to think they aren't welcome within the county lol

Spike

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 06, 2017, 09:18:46 PM

Portglenone boys must have been getting uppity.   Lie down croppies

paddyjohn

Quote from: Spike on October 06, 2017, 09:34:46 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 06, 2017, 09:18:46 PM

Portglenone boys must have been getting uppity.   Lie down croppies

Wi-fi must of lay down up past Dunsilly

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on October 06, 2017, 10:46:32 PM
I was chatting with a boy today about the supposed Belfast demise and the rise of the SW. He says it's a long time coming, "sure only 1 SW club has won a championship in the last 50 years, as opposed to 8 city clubs."

I have no idea if he made those figures up.

That was the arguement 3 weeks ago.. Jeepers horse keep up ffs

Spike

Quote from: hardstation on October 06, 2017, 10:56:02 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 06, 2017, 10:53:10 PM
I was chatting with a boy today about the supposed Belfast demise and the rise of the SW. He says it's a long time coming, "sure only 1 SW club has won a championship in the last 50 years, as opposed to 8 city clubs."

Oh, it ended? Who won?

Apologies, I hadn't been talking to this boy in over a month.

Not sure, ill ask a cargin man....im sure they'll know

Hectic

Yeah look is this the first year ever that there may not be a Belfast side in senior final? Thats if Cargin win tomorrow but I would not be putting too much of my hard earned on that.

And if its not this year I dont think it will be too far down the line for the Johnnies. And all before St Brides get the thing harnessed.

Spike

Quote from: Hectic on October 07, 2017, 04:31:58 AM
Yeah look is this the first year ever that there may not be a Belfast side in senior final? Thats if Cargin win tomorrow but I would not be putting too much of my hard earned on that.

And if its not this year I dont think it will be too far down the line for the Johnnies. And all before St Brides get the thing harnessed.

Dont think anyone was seriously suggesting a belfast demise, its just been cargins time. Perhaps thats drawing to an end. Perhaps its just things evening up and finally more genuine competitiveness.

Hard to say about johnnies. Have they got that extra bit about them im not sure. Lamh dhearg certainly look potential champions. Its still cargins to lose but if they have an off day johnnies, lamh dhearg, creggan and st galls could shock them.  That can only be good for antrim football.

country bumpkin

Oh, it ended? Who won?

Maybe that 'boy' was from the north HS and was perhaps making comment on the demise of hurling in ur neck of the woods......

Hectic

Quote from: Spike on October 07, 2017, 07:02:05 AM
Quote from: Hectic on October 07, 2017, 04:31:58 AM

Dont think anyone was seriously suggesting a belfast demise, its just been cargins time. Perhaps thats drawing to an end. Perhaps its just things evening up and finally more genuine competitiveness.

Hard to say about johnnies. Have they got that extra bit about them im not sure. Lamh dhearg certainly look potential champions. Its still cargins to lose but if they have an off day johnnies, lamh dhearg, creggan and st galls could shock them.  That can only be good for antrim football.

Yeah I think the Championship this year has been a breath of fresh air and much as I respect the achievements of Cargin down the years it wpuld be good to see a fresh winner this year.

country bumpkin

Quote from: hardstation on October 07, 2017, 10:18:49 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on October 07, 2017, 08:01:33 AM

Oh, it ended? Who won?

Maybe that 'boy' was from the north HS and was perhaps making comment on the demise of hurling in ur neck of the woods......
If he was, he has a strange way of putting it.

Anyway, in the last 50 years, 4 NA clubs have won the hurling championship. 3 city clubs have. Doesn't seem as bad.
Been a while......30 or so years......and looks like the S West are set to dominate for a while.....Dunloy took.the lot this year.

Milltown Row2

So I was away for a day (works golf do! ) and the Referee from last week has endured hardship? The referee fills in a report after the game... it goes to the county and that's that, whatever happens afterwards is down to the county committee, I'd say McKeever wouldn't be losing sleep over it, nor would Cargin, slow news day it seems

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2017, 01:24:05 PM
So I was away for a day (works golf do! ) and the Referee from last week has endured hardship? The referee fills in a report after the game... it goes to the county and that's that, whatever happens afterwards is down to the county committee, I'd say McKeever wouldn't be losing sleep over it, nor would Cargin, slow news day it seems

Actually he isnt happy.  Close source. Maybe you're out of the loop now. Sticking up for the establishment again.

country bumpkin

Which ref would be pleased if he has his judgement and indeed integrity called into question by a few individuals who most likely were not at the game in question MR2...?
Indeed a few would say u are indeed standing tall for ur mates.

Awaiting the call from BS.....

Cargin are most likely unconcerned as the were last term when the same body handed down suspension to JB...eve of championship final
:)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on October 07, 2017, 02:02:53 PM

Actually he isnt happy.  Close source. Maybe you're out of the loop now. Sticking up for the establishment again.

Ffs lad wise up, again anyone who knows me and my dealings with the county would know that I'm not nor ever been on the good side of county board! But carry on lad, it's amusing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea