Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Hectic on September 27, 2017, 11:22:35 AM
Quote from: bannside on September 27, 2017, 09:16:30 AM
Great first post there Saffs on Tour.  Love your "looking in from the outside", bit lol. Welcome on board, and some excellent points.

Now that the appointment has been made I want to make one or two quick points. The rest will wait until after I talk to JMK once he receives his feedback from Alec, head of the appointment committee later today.

I was firmly in the JMK corner and make no apology for that. He  is an outstanding candidate who, along with Conleth Gilligan are hugely regarded in the hotbed of club football in Derry and Tyrone. They will be hurting today, but are young enough to suck this up because they will have many good years ahead of them in top level management.

Finally, sincere congratulations to Lenny Harbinson. He is thoroughly likeable individual, and a good football man who the players will get to like and respect. 100% best wishes to him and his backroom team. I sincerely do hope he achieves his stated aim of putting pride back into Antrim Football, if that happens everyone is a winner.

BS I always find you informative and interesting but I am not sure if I was JMK I would be wanting you to announce that you will be updating us all on your views after having a conversation with him - that conversation probably better kept private IMO especially given he is an outstanding individual and manager who has years ahead of him.  I would be sure if he had anything he felt needed to be highlighted he would be well capable of doing that himself.

Yeah dont think there is much of an update needed.
I think he would be better staying on the club circuit train.

Belfast GAA man

To Saffs on Tour
I don't doubt any of the info about county finances but would really welcome clarity on county finances. In my experience of financial mgt at club level the more open you are the more likely people are to come forward and help.
How much is the legacy debt?
Where is Business Forum money going to? (Brilliant initiative)
Is Club Aontroma still going
etc , etc
I think people often gripe about finances when they don't know the full picture..............

Under Lights

Quote from: Stillwater2 on September 27, 2017, 09:37:48 AM
Any word on who Lenny backroom team is? Few rumours going around.

2 Tyrone men on it I hear

bannside

That's a fair point Hectic. There is a lot of info involved in this process that I have been privy to, and the vast majority has remained confidential and will continue that way. I would have a lot of time for the fellas on the sub committee, would know them all well and would trust their integrity. The big question for me is whether they went for the best candidate or the best value candidate. There is a succinct but important difference.

As you say, John is well able to talk for himself.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on September 27, 2017, 01:56:38 PM
That's a fair point Hectic. There is a lot of info involved in this process that I have been privy to, and the vast majority has remained confidential and will continue that way. I would have a lot of time for the fellas on the sub committee, would know them all well and would trust their integrity. The big question for me is whether they went for the best candidate or the best value candidate. There is a succinct but important difference.

What would a typical div 3/4 intercounty team have as a budget to run a county team?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 27, 2017, 02:09:49 PM

What would a typical div 3/4 intercounty team have as a budget to run a county team?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/mayo-the-big-spenders-this-graph-breaks-down-each-countys-costs-in-2016-35458592.html

There you go mate.

Stillwater2

Cost Antrim £145k last year or there about's

bannside

I'm sure all that info us out there MR someone did a breakdown of what the counties spent on inter county preparation. Can recall seeing those figures a year or two back and our spend was in thd middle for div 3/4, but interestingly our hurling spend dwarfed our football spend. To be honest I didn't read too much into it. Would those figures be really that accurate? A good accountant can massage figures any way he wants, put things into different columns. Some payments front door others back door etc! Plus.....a county will spend more the longer length of time it is still involved in the championship blah blah

Hectic

Of course and I respect you opinion - just that it read like you were going to be giving us more of your opinion after speaking to the man - might have implied that after gaining more evidence but glad you clarified.

paddyjohn

Quote from: referee on September 27, 2017, 05:11:53 PM
Apparently Delagry the gobshite thought he  was going to be in the u20 set up if JMK had ever got Sen job,that's the word in the SW-CJ for Captain 😜

Thanks for that. As sensible as other refs on the board  ;)

bannside

Some craic on here. Did I see those lilywhite legs of yours referee on the pitch at Healy Park last Friday, referee?

bannside

JC would be a great addition alright, but that's a load of bull, no substance to it at all. Neither Carl Mc Cabe. So we just need to wait patiently to see the credentials of a credible backroom team that Lenny brings to the table. Maybe the sub committee that overseen the process, will enlighten us. In the meantime we will wait and see.....

bannside

Stillwater2

They could not enlighten on the back room team on Monday night. Wait and see. All will come with a cost

Usain

Quote from: referee on September 27, 2017, 05:11:53 PM
Apparently Delagry the gobshite thought he  was going to be in the u20 set up if JMK had ever got Sen job,that's the word in the SW-CJ for Captain 😜

will be interestin to see how Lenny approaches the CJ predicament. An unreal talent but hasn't been in the greatest of physical conditioin recently, comes and goes without fully commitin and is constantly talking to the press. A top talent and still plenty to offer but must be tricky to manage. Time is not on his side anymore and needs to giv himself a shake.