Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gold on May 16, 2017, 10:19:48 PM
Quote from: Hectic on May 16, 2017, 12:28:55 PM
Yeah its hard not to wonder what the outcome would be if it had been Diarmuid Connolly.

That is exactly the example i used to someone earlier!

Max would have been a short ban for him

No bother handing out lengthy suspensions to the Antrim/Carlow/Leitrim man

No chance would that happen to a kerryman/dub

Disgrace

More effort by ones around those type players counties to ensure it doesn't happen?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

This highlights the stupidity of video evidence. I was at the match and if they got the tape and watched it carefully there would be a dozen sentences handed out. Especially the Armagh player who tried your dislodge Paddy Mc Brides head a minute after the Fitzpatrick incident. Right in front of the beleaguered linesman who Mc Geeney had verbally battered right in front of me all night....resulting in the linesman keeping his flag down.

Either use the video evidence of the game or don't but what's the point in cherry picking individual instances if you are going to ignore even more clear cut infringements.

bogieman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 16, 2017, 10:46:38 PM
Quote from: Gold on May 16, 2017, 10:19:48 PM
Quote from: Hectic on May 16, 2017, 12:28:55 PM
Yeah its hard not to wonder what the outcome would be if it had been Diarmuid Connolly.

That is exactly the example i used to someone earlier!

Max would have been a short ban for him

No bother handing out lengthy suspensions to the Antrim/Carlow/Leitrim man

No chance would that happen to a kerryman/dub

Disgrace

More effort by ones around those type players counties to ensure it doesn't happen?

Yes, you're correct...
In those big counties, they would advise the player to take the 1 match ban early on.  8)
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

BrendanAntrim

I would suggest that none of us who are not directly involved know the full details of what has happened here. One obvious point to my non legal mind is, there seems to have been a drip feed of video evidence brought to bear in this dispute - was it all made available to Antrim and the player? Can the disciplinary committee decide it has been lied to (I think that's how the GAA want us all to read into the legal language), or does that make the very committee a player in the dispute? Should an independent, different committee have been mobilised to make a ruling?

Too many questions, we don't know the truth of the whole case and there may be a way to go yet.

BrendanAntrim

And apparently Joe Brolly is now on the case. Thats a good move for the player.

After all this he better score a few points on Sunday!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/columnists/declan-bogue/declan-bogue-why-saffrons-wont-take-a-hit-35722629.html

country bumpkin

Quote from: AQMP on May 17, 2017, 11:43:58 AM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on May 17, 2017, 11:19:30 AM

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/columnists/declan-bogue/declan-bogue-why-saffrons-wont-take-a-hit-35722629.html

To my non-legal mind Bogue's version of events doesn't stack up...e.g. if a "grainy still image" was sent to Antrim asking to identify the player and not only did the management and CB think it wasn't Fitzpatrick but they actually thought it was someone else...how did Fitzpatrick's name get in the frame?  Why was Fitzpatrick identified as the player involved when the management and CB either weren't sure who it was or genuinely thought it wasn't Fitzpatrick?

Unless of course the grainy still image is sent to Antrim with the question "Can you confirm this is Matthew Fitzpatrick?"...
A member of the CB forwarded M Fitzpatrick's name verbally and then gave written confirmation of such.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on May 17, 2017, 01:43:42 PM
Quote from: AQMP on May 17, 2017, 11:43:58 AM
Quote from: BrendanAntrim on May 17, 2017, 11:19:30 AM

To my non-legal mind Bogue's version of events doesn't stack up...e.g. if a "grainy still image" was sent to Antrim asking to identify the player and not only did the management and CB think it wasn't Fitzpatrick but they actually thought it was someone else...how did Fitzpatrick's name get in the frame?  Why was Fitzpatrick identified as the player involved when the management and CB either weren't sure who it was or genuinely thought it wasn't Fitzpatrick?

Unless of course the grainy still image is sent to Antrim with the question "Can you confirm this is Matthew Fitzpatrick?"...
A member of the CB forwarded M Fitzpatrick's name verbally and then gave written confirmation of such.

Then based on that information, what is the problem?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

Probably just that thing that when a McCooey is talking to you, you automatically assume he is trying to hoodwink you.

Hectic

Quote from: Hectic on May 17, 2017, 01:49:59 PM
Probably just that thing that when a McCooey is talking to you, you automatically assume he is trying to hoodwink you.

Out of parting with my scallions might I add.

bogieman

Quote from: Hectic on May 17, 2017, 01:49:59 PM

best now that they have a good derry man on the job...

why all the claptrap now then; new evidence shows an man attacking Matthew, he defends himself, case over for antrim.

PS Stevie G. only thought the DJ was going to hit him when he acted in self defence...

....Vindicate the saffron 1 now....
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

paddyjohn

He's free!!!! Matthew is free!!!

theskull1

I think you're lying

Expect a 48 week ban   :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

paddyjohn

Quote from: theskull1 on May 18, 2017, 08:09:44 AM
I think you're lying

Expect a 48 week ban   :)

Might get brolly on the case to see if the Club Antrim twitter account will unblock me..  ;)

DuffleKing

Employees aren't members of the county board

Hectic

Quote from: DuffleKing on May 18, 2017, 10:27:37 AM

Employees aren't members of the county board

Employees of Croke Park would that be?