62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Yes, big distance to travel for away leg but would still expect to qualify
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

StGallsGAA

I thought first team out played 2nd leg at home?  When did this change?

Hectic

Happy enough though they are mid season but we have a few competitive games before then so hopefully we will be getting closer to the thing by then. Glad we avoided the Israelis and the inevitable baggage of such a tie.

stew

Quote from: Hectic on August 04, 2017, 12:11:28 PM
Happy enough though they are mid season but we have a few competitive games before then so hopefully we will be getting closer to the thing by then. Glad we avoided the Israelis and the inevitable baggage of such a tie.

Israelis are people too and if Celtic fans could learn to leave their politics at home there would be no problem.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ned

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 04, 2017, 11:35:48 AM
I thought first team out played 2nd leg at home?  When did this change?

Has never been the case. Seeded team is drawn first, the two teams are put in a separate bag together then drawn to see who is home first.

Hectic

Quote from: stew on August 04, 2017, 12:26:23 PM
Quote from: Hectic on August 04, 2017, 12:11:28 PM

Israelis are people too and if Celtic fans could learn to leave their politics at home there would be no problem.

Did I say they were not people? Did I say their supporters or their players would be the ones bringing the baggage to the game?

For me the display of another countries national flag is pretty mild but having pi$$ed up the back of UEFA rules on a fairly regular basis we did not need the inevitability of Palestinian flags on display had we drawn them. Situation best avoided in my opinion.

T Fearon

Tough tough draw.They eliminated Legia Warsaw in the last round.Celtic have traditionally tended to rely on late heroics in the second leg home tie in this round in the past,that option isn't available.A major step up in performance from the Rosenborg games will be required to have any chance

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2017, 07:35:40 PM
Tough tough draw.They eliminated Legia Warsaw in the last round.Celtic have traditionally tended to rely on late heroics in the second leg home tie in this round in the past,that option isn't available.A major step up in performance from the Rosenborg games will be required to have any chance
Yup, that's a pretty fair analysis of the task ahead.
Careful now

thebar

Celtic will be underdogs but with Brendan in charge anything is possible!

Hectic

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2017, 07:35:40 PM

Feeling a lot more confident now that Tony is saying it is going to be difficult.

Main Street

Legia Warsaw fans pull no punches when it comes to a commemoration display banner  :D

Warsaw uprising

Hectic

Syferus

Those Warsaw fans are pure white nationalist knackers. We shouldn't be giving them attention here.

Preying on the past for anger and resentment only reminds me of the worst excesses of both sides in the north.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2017, 04:49:19 PM
Those Warsaw fans are pure white nationalist knackers. We shouldn't be giving them attention here.

Preying on the past for anger and resentment only reminds me of the worst excesses of both sides in the north.

Be glad that your only hardship in life was.... on wait, feck all
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

Quote from: Syferus on August 05, 2017, 04:49:19 PM

Yeah a lot more convenient for some to forget history......