62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

ashman

Quote from: Orior on July 20, 2017, 11:51:03 PM
Quote from: longballin on July 20, 2017, 10:26:06 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on July 20, 2017, 08:54:31 PM
for anybody who wants to see what the fuss is about......no problem with it myself.

https://youtu.be/do4WkvAUVxI

They'd sh*te themselves if they seen a Thompson gun. Bawbegs... them and Linfield supporters flip sides of the same coin. Sectarian bullsh*t

The man who made the song famous won an all Ireland senior football medal .

Flip, it has been a few years since I've heard and song "off to Dublin". It was a regular tune on the bus in the 1970s.

T Fearon

At the end of the day Brother Walfrid founded the club to unite people and integrate communities not divide them.In this day and age no football club,which aspires to grow its fan base as all must do,should be used as a vehicle to promote political viewpoints.What the hell good does it do anyway?If Mr Desmond considers this to be detrimental to his wider business interests and decides to get rid,where are we?

Do people use their County GAA games to sing rebel songs? Why use Celtic.

T Fearon

The Green Brigade also adds the additional lyric, "F.ck the Queen" (that's the old lady welcomed to Celtic Park with open arms (not weapons) and the place spruced up especially for her back in 2014 at opening of the Commonwealth Games) to its rendition of Dublin in the Green.

illdecide

I know for a fact that all flags need approval of the head of security at Celtic Pk and these flags are shown the day or two before a game as i've inspected a few myself, the flags in question were obviously smuggled in without Celtic knowing. The GB technically have a big following and as mentioned are kids but the core group are of about 30-40 guys aged in their mid 20's to guys in their 40's as i've had them pointed out and have been with them abroad in Europe for CL games, they roll the snow balls and get the kids to fire them.

Celtic as a club can only do so much and these sort of things are kinda hard to control as there will always be things that slip thru the net, TBH Celtic fans had a really great opportunity there to show them other scum bags up for what they are by beating them well on the pitch (which we did) and by singing and creating a great atmosphere all night without giving them anything to complain about and show them that we can behave and that we are great fans...they kinda let themselves down a bit with the flags and songs they sang but reading the last few pages that's up for debate.

This is not the case for everyone but i know for certain you could take an Architect, a solicitor, an Engineer, a teacher etc (you get my point) and give them a few beers and put them into that atmosphere and they become one of the boys very quickly, i've seen myself walking thru that section (GB) with a high viz jacket on me joining in with some of their songs and quickly realising i shouldn't be getting involved in the singing and looking around to see if anyone had seen/heard me...lol...it's very infectious.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JimStynes

Quote from: illdecide on July 21, 2017, 12:07:32 AM
I know for a fact that all flags need approval of the head of security at Celtic Pk and these flags are shown the day or two before a game as i've inspected a few myself, the flags in question were obviously smuggled in without Celtic knowing. The GB technically have a big following and as mentioned are kids but the core group are of about 30-40 guys aged in their mid 20's to guys in their 40's as i've had them pointed out and have been with them abroad in Europe for CL games, they roll the snow balls and get the kids to fire them.

Celtic as a club can only do so much and these sort of things are kinda hard to control as there will always be things that slip thru the net, TBH Celtic fans had a really great opportunity there to show them other scum bags up for what they are by beating them well on the pitch (which we did) and by singing and creating a great atmosphere all night without giving them anything to complain about and show them that we can behave and that we are great fans...they kinda let themselves down a bit with the flags and songs they sang but reading the last few pages that's up for debate.

This is not the case for everyone but i know for certain you could take an Architect, a solicitor, an Engineer, a teacher etc (you get my point) and give them a few beers and put them into that atmosphere and they become one of the boys very quickly, i've seen myself walking thru that section (GB) with a high viz jacket on me joining in with some of their songs and quickly realising i shouldn't be getting involved in the singing and looking around to see if anyone had seen/heard me...lol...it's very infectious.

You can take the boy out of Kilwilkie but can't take the Kilwilkie out of the boy.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on July 21, 2017, 12:04:41 AM
The Green Brigade also adds the additional lyric, "F.ck the Queen" (that's the old lady welcomed to Celtic Park with open arms (not weapons) and the place spruced up especially for her back in 2014 at opening of the Commonwealth Games) to its rendition of Dublin in the Green.

That add on has been going long before the GB were formed. And is used by more then them too Tony as well you onow

Kilkevan

Quote from: Main Street on July 20, 2017, 10:02:22 PM
Quote from: Kilkevan on July 20, 2017, 06:39:02 PM

UEFA is a completely hypocritical organisation as, on the one hand, it states politics must not be brought into football but on the other hand it brings geopolitical issues into the equation all the time. Prime examples include the farce of Israel playing in Europe. Israel is not a European nation, it's wholly and entirely in Asia. If it has problems playing other Middle Eastern teams, that's it's own problem. To add to this, UEFA allows the Israeli flag and other symbols but bans anything Palestinian. That's a nonsense as Palestine has as much claim to be European as Israel if it pursued it, i.e. none. Now UEFA would claim Palestinian flags might offend one of its members... Yet it has no issue with Catalan flags, for example, being used by Barcelona, which like it or not could offend another of its members, namely Spain. Then, to top it all, it bans the poppy yet allowed commemoration shirts for the Rising. I don't wear the poppy and never would, I do wear a lily, but you can't forbid one and allow the other. UEFA deals in horsesh1t, is a corrupt as f**k and makes up its rules as it goes along. This isn't going to stop Celtic getting into trouble but it's complete b*llocks.
Whining whataboutery ::)
Uefa had nothing to do with that Ireland game, it came under Fifa's jurisdiction.
Fifa did not give permission for the  1916 - 2016 badge on the Irish shirts and they later fined the FAI  Eur5,000 for the action.
Fifa probably would not have noticed this FAI indiscretion, only for the whining whataboutery poppy fascists who defied Fifa but couldn't take their censure without whining about the dastardly FAI and their commemoration of the 'IRA terrorists' of 1916.

Classy...

tonto1888

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 21, 2017, 09:15:21 AM

UEFA is a completely hypocritical organisation as, on the one hand, it states politics must not be brought into football but on the other hand it brings geopolitical issues into the equation all the time. Prime examples include the farce of Israel playing in Europe. Israel is not a European nation, it's wholly and entirely in Asia. If it has problems playing other Middle Eastern teams, that's it's own problem. To add to this, UEFA allows the Israeli flag and other symbols but bans anything Palestinian. That's a nonsense as Palestine has as much claim to be European as Israel if it pursued it, i.e. none. Now UEFA would claim Palestinian flags might offend one of its members... Yet it has no issue with Catalan flags, for example, being used by Barcelona, which like it or not could offend another of its members, namely Spain. Then, to top it all, it bans the poppy yet allowed commemoration shirts for the Rising. I don't wear the poppy and never would, I do wear a lily, but you can't forbid one and allow the other. UEFA deals in horsesh1t, is a corrupt as f**k and makes up its rules as it goes along. This isn't going to stop Celtic getting into trouble but it's complete b*llocks.
Uefa had nothing to do with that Ireland game, it came under Fifa's jurisdiction.
Fifa did not give permission for the  1916 - 2016 badge on the Irish shirts and they later fined the FAI  Eur5,000 for the action.
Fifa probably would not have noticed this FAI indiscretion, only for the whining whataboutery poppy fascists who defied Fifa but couldn't take their censure without whining about the dastardly FAI and their commemoration of the 'IRA terrorists' of 1916.

Classy...

Poppy fascism is a thing for sure

stew

for anybody who wants to see what the fuss is about......no problem with it myself.

I do, it gives the club bad press and has f**k all to do with football, it also gives the ballbags that support Rangers oxygen, these people who take these f**king stupid things to Celtic matches make it all about them and their own agenda and give not a fiddlers fart about the club.

They need to be banned for a season for a first time offence and a lifetime ban for a second, this hurts the club and deters real fans supporting the club because they do not want to be associated with such things.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Kilkevan

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 21, 2017, 09:33:51 AM

Classy...

Oh it is... Those who go around demanding others wear them behave like fascism, no doubt about that... But it's also a notion that is whipped up and made into a far bigger thing than it really is and is often used as a term of convenience by the anti-poppy brigade to shut down debate about the symbol.

tonto1888

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 21, 2017, 09:55:09 AM

Classy...

Oh it is... Those who go around demanding others wear them behave like fascism, no doubt about that... But it's also a notion that is whipped up and made into a far bigger thing than it really is and is often used as a term of convenience by the anti-poppy brigade to shut down debate about the symbol.

I don't know what's to debate to be honest. If you want to wear one wear one. If not. Don't. To me it really is that simple.

tonto1888

Quote from: stew on July 21, 2017, 09:45:41 AM

I do, it gives the club bad press and has f**k all to do with football, it also gives the ballbags that support Rangers oxygen, these people who take these f**king stupid things to Celtic matches make it all about them and their own agenda and give not a fiddlers fart about the club.

They need to be banned for a season for a first time offence and a lifetime ban for a second, this hurts the club and deters real fans supporting the club because they do not want to be associated with such things.

I keep hearing this argument about bad press. Does it really matter if the club get bad press? We get bad press regardless.
To say they don't give a fiddlers fart about the club is wrong and as for your banking suggestions, get a grip

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on July 21, 2017, 06:35:26 AM
Quote from: illdecide on July 21, 2017, 12:07:32 AM

You can take the bhoy out of Kilwilkie but can't take the Kilwilkie out of the bhoy.

Fixed that for you Culchie Jim
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Kilkevan

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 21, 2017, 10:10:24 AM
Quote from: Kilkevan on July 21, 2017, 09:55:09 AM

Classy...

I don't know what's to debate to be honest. If you want to wear one wear one. If not. Don't. To me it really is that simple.

And yet in all my time living in Wales and the few years I spent in England I never wore one and never once did I get a negative comment about it...

Kilkevan

Quote from: T Fearon on July 21, 2017, 12:04:41 AM

Maybe they're just serenading Phil the Greek?