Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

ned

Ffs tying a scarf to a post is nothing in the grand scheme of things. If a Linfield player did same a CP it would be seen for what it was. I think the only people needing to look at tempering their behaviour are the neanderthals in the stands who shout and spit abuse but then get upset at a scarf. Griffiths did f**k all wrong.

stew

Quote from: T Fearon on July 18, 2017, 09:38:53 AM
I agree.It was almost like Celtic appearing at the shit hole was what some of these soap dodgers have been waiting all their lives for,a dream come true,for all the wrong reasons.It was my intention to park in the city centre and actually walk down the Donegal Road to the cesspit,I abandoned that plan while driving up the Donegal Road and observing hordes of red white and blue zombies gathered on street corners boozing away,pre match,nearly three hours before kick off (should this be allowed prior to an explosive fixture like this?).

In any event I have submitted a report to kickitout.org and included a good few seat nos of the worst offenders.

Fair play to you Tony but you should not have been near the place, if owc boys had seen you, you could have well been in trouble.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

I was not going to miss out on the opportunity to see Celtic play a mere 20 miles from my home.I honestly thought things had changed but it's as bad as ever.

The Subbie

Tony was in a very cunning disguise for his behind enemy lines jaunt to the sectarian cesspit.

Hectic

Quote from: T Fearon on July 18, 2017, 10:49:08 AM
I was not going to miss out on the opportunity to see Celtic play a mere 20 miles from my home.I honestly thought things had changed but it's as bad as ever.

Yeah what has changed is a massive effort to play down the sectarianism that is alive and well in NI soccer.  It is along the same lines as 'Orange Fest', turn a blind eye and report all that is rosy with a good dose of deflection. I was listening to Radio Ulster this morning and they reported that Griffiths had been charged in their 7am headlines with no mention of Linfield's charge.

Hectic

Quote from: Hectic on July 18, 2017, 11:11:03 AM

Yeah what has changed is a massive effort to play down the sectarianism that is alive and well in NI soccer.  It is along the same lines as 'Orange Fest', turn a blind eye and report all that is rosy with a good dose of deflection. I was listening to Radio Ulster this morning and they reported that Griffiths had been charged in their 7am headlines with no mention of Linfield's charge.

And just like that I catch this nonsense:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/celtic/official-had-reason-to-book-celtics-leigh-griffiths-insists-northern-ireland-ref-chief-malcolm-35940578.html

Main Street

LG's being charged with provoking the frothing mob.
Did anything of note happen after he tied the scarf around the post?

Hectic

Yeah if you watch it in rewind after he tied the scarf to the post there was an attempted pitch invasion, there were missiles being thrown from the crowd and their was naked hatred/sectarianism/racism from the stands.

tonto1888

Quote from: Hectic on July 18, 2017, 11:15:00 AM
Quote from: Hectic on July 18, 2017, 11:11:03 AM

And just like that I catch this nonsense:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/celtic/official-had-reason-to-book-celtics-leigh-griffiths-insists-northern-ireland-ref-chief-malcolm-35940578.html

there as a spectator? Supporter maybe? Does he ref Irish League games?

T Fearon

I'm heading oved tomorrow.Anyone else going?

tonto1888

I have  job interview. Enjoy it

michaelg

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 18, 2017, 09:10:45 AM
I don't know why anyone would believe that Windsor could be anything other than poisonous, it always will be no matter what the IFA say, its in the blood.
The match the other day had noting to do with the IFA.  It was a Linfield match.

Targetman

Does anyone know if its televised by any station other than Celtic TV?

red hander

Quote from: michaelg on July 18, 2017, 09:11:32 PM
I don't know why anyone would believe that Windsor could be anything other than poisonous, it always will be no matter what the IFA say, its in the blood.
The match the other day had noting to do with the IFA.  It was a Linfield match.

Exact same people turn up to watch Are We A Country.

michaelg

Quote from: red hander on July 18, 2017, 10:50:37 PM
Quote from: michaelg on July 18, 2017, 09:11:32 PM

Exact same people turn up to watch Are We A Country.
They don't.  Chances are the fuckwits there last Friday were not even Linfield fans.  Also, NI fanbase is not necessarily made up of folk who go and watch the Irish League clubs, let alone Linfield.  Sadly, the fixture ran the risk of attracting a minority of scumbags intent on causing bother.