Cookstown Incident

Started by oakleaflad, March 18, 2019, 12:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Terrible day for the family and a dark cloud over the area this last few days.

I would suspect now the funerals have passed the police will charge the man in custody. If rumours are to be believed... Rightly so.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 22, 2019, 10:41:35 PM
Terrible thing to go through at that age. Whilst a powerful image IMO taking photos at funerals is very distasteful.

I remember being at a funeral of a young girl a few years ago where the Belfast Telegraph reporter took out her phone and recorded the priests homily, despite being told to get out they proceeded to photograph the coffin leaving the chapel.

Scumbags.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 22, 2019, 11:37:34 PM
Terrible thing to go through at that age. Whilst a powerful image IMO taking photos at funerals is very distasteful.

I remember being at a funeral of a young girl a few years ago where the Belfast Telegraph reporter took out her phone and recorded the priests homily, despite being told to get out they proceeded to photograph the coffin leaving the chapel.

Scumbags.
What a crowd of cnuts. Should have took her phone home in pieces.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 22, 2019, 11:58:02 PM

Scumbags.

They stood across the road from the chapel and done it. When people saw them, they weren't long in hunting them.

RedHand88

Quote from: paddyjohn on March 23, 2019, 10:11:59 AM

Scumbags.

They stood across the road from the chapel and done it. When people saw them, they weren't long in hunting them.

I remember seeing the same at Michaela McAreaveys funeral. They're vultures who will do anything to sell a paper.

sid waddell

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 23, 2019, 10:56:49 AM

Scumbags.

I remember seeing the same at Michaela McAreaveys funeral. They're vultures who will do anything to sell a paper.
I'm a bit puzzled by all this anger at journalists simply doing their job.

On the previous page of this thread there was a photo uploaded from one of the funerals.

How do you think these photographs get taken, other than by journalists and photographers?

Some people would be well advised to direct their anger in the direction of those who were responsible for the deeply unsafe environment in which these tragic deaths happened, or in a constructive way towards the health and safety authorities and the politicians who should now be pressured heavily to legislate so that such a disaster never happens again, rather than at journalists doing their job.

Some people really can't see the wood for the trees.

Raginbull

Quote from: sid waddell on March 23, 2019, 12:25:30 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 23, 2019, 10:56:49 AM

Scumbags.

I'm a bit puzzled by all this anger at journalists simply doing their job.

On the previous page of this thread there was a photo uploaded from one of the funerals.

How do you think these photographs get taken, other than by journalists and photographers?

Some people would be well advised to direct their anger in the direction of those who were responsible for the deeply unsafe environment in which these tragic deaths happened, or in a constructive way towards the health and safety authorities and the politicians who should now be pressured heavily to legislate so that such a disaster never happens again, rather than at journalists doing their job.

Some people really can't see the wood for the trees.

Some journalists are absolute scum. There were two toddlers killed in an accident close to where I live. They held the wake at the house. Two people showed up who no one knew, went inside and we're caught trying to take pics of the little kids in their coffins. They were swiftly removed and from reports got a few digs going out the front gate and rightly so. Don't know what kind of sicko you'd need to be to do something like that.

give her dixie

Things going from bad to worse for the police regarding the tragedy at the Greenvale last week as it now emerges that the 1st police to arrive at the scene withdrew until the ambulance arrived.  This is turning into a shambles for the police so far.

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

trailer

Quote from: give her dixie on March 26, 2019, 01:30:09 PM
Things going from bad to worse for the police regarding the tragedy at the Greenvale last week as it now emerges that the 1st police to arrive at the scene withdrew until the ambulance arrived.  This is turning into a shambles for the police so far.

I see it's been referred to the Police Ombudsman. There's no doubt that Murray (Chief investigating officer) is appearing in the media to get his speak in first. From the outside the response and the investigation would appear to have major flaws.

Tony Baloney

Probably didn't have the correct risk assessments in place  >:(  Their handling of this since the first phone call appears to have been piss poor.

seafoid

GOP are claiming total vindication based on Barr but refusing to allow the full report to be issued
Sounds like their story is makey uppy
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GetOverTheBar

Actually disgusted to see people creating social media profiles of the dead today in the Irish News. I actually had to read it twice.

Unbelievable. No idea why someone would do that. So depressing to think this is what someone is doing in their spare time.

BennyCake

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 26, 2019, 03:13:22 PM
Actually disgusted to see people creating social media profiles of the dead today in the Irish News. I actually had to read it twice.

Unbelievable. No idea why someone would do that. So depressing to think this is what someone is doing in their spare time.

Seriously?! What the fcuk is wrong with people?!

Walter Cronc

I've seen that before. Seriously messed up.

Walter Cronc

Also is it just me being paranoid or on occasions like this do people use social media to hype up how amazing their family are.

Since Cookstown I've seen numerous family photographs with hold them tight etc etc....as if somehow glorifying their circumstances.

Maybe its just me!