RTE

Started by Eamonnca1, September 15, 2017, 09:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Any of you heard about this Secret RTE Producer Twitter account? Some eye-opening stuff in there, employees milking big salaries they'd never get in the private sector, long lunches, endless coffee breaks, 2-man crews on one-man pieces of equipment because the unions say so, 1980s production values, shoddy work, low morale, etc.. RTE's response has been to try to track him down instead of address the stuff he's leaking.

First the cops and now the state broadcaster. What's it going to take to get things working right?

foxcommander

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 15, 2017, 09:48:58 PM
Any of you heard about this Secret RTE Producer Twitter account? Some eye-opening stuff in there, employees milking big salaries they'd never get in the private sector, long lunches, endless coffee breaks, 2-man crews on one-man pieces of equipment because the unions say so, 1980s production values, shoddy work, low morale, etc.. RTE's response has been to try to track him down instead of address the stuff he's leaking.

First the cops and now the state broadcaster. What's it going to take to get things working right?

Surely you'll be advocating violence against the cops and broadcasters you don't like? Isn't that what you do these days?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

The Subbie

Just had a quick read thru some of those tweets , nothing surprising in them at all
RTE is a cess pit of nepotism and favouritism, when working in Dublin in the late 90's I was acquainted with a fella that used to work there as a carpenter, he was a local in one of the many hostelries I frequented in those carefree days  :)
Anyway some of the yarns he would tell us were eye opening to say the least, clock in , clear off and spend the day doing nixers, clock out , rinse and repeat
That was just the tradesmen, the tweet about the gym classes etc was also verified by the same fella all those years ago as was the 2 hour lunch breaks and post 10am start time.

The comments re Ryle Nugent are very revealing to say the least.

RTE & Iarnrod Eireann - possibly 2 of the most clinically dead and systemically pox ridden organisations in any developed country the world over.

JimStynes

They do make some great sport promos all the same.

T Fearon

He's not Jerome Quinn by any chance?

punt kick

Quote from: foxcommander on September 15, 2017, 09:55:28 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 15, 2017, 09:48:58 PM

Surely you'll be advocating violence against the cops and broadcasters you don't like? Isn't that what you do these days?

8)

Dougal Maguire

The thing that always got me was why they had their studios in Donnybrook, one of the most expensive parts of Dublin, rather that say Ballymun?
Careful now

vallankumous

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 16, 2017, 10:12:59 AM
The thing that always got me was why they had their studios in Donnybrook, one of the most expensive parts of Dublin, rather that say Ballymun?

It's things like RTE that make it expensive. It would be silly to inflate property prices in Ballymun when you can increase it where you live.
It's also practical as most people in the broadcasting and media industry come from middle and upper class areas.
It would be unreasonable to ask Miriam O'Calaghan or Ryan Tubridy to cross the Liffey.

Owen Brannigan

Why, particularly in the digital age, is such extensive property and land required by a small broadcaster. Surely it warrants doing a BBC, it moved a substantial part of its production from London to Manchester, RTÉ should surely be moved to the West or Athlone and Donnybrook site used for public housing.

The Subbie

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 16, 2017, 10:29:35 AM

Why, particularly in the digital age, is such extensive property and land required by a small broadcaster. Surely it warrants doing a BBC, it moved a substantial part of its production from London to Manchester, RTÉ should surely be moved to the West or Athlone and Donnybrook site used for public housing.
Cracker  :D
Were you not in school the day they were telling everyone about how Ireland works?

Captain Scarlet

It´s back now and they reckon their bosses are hiriing a private detective to track them down...That they have another account ready to go anyway and are routing through TOR.
RTE have an army of tech heads and a social media team so you would think they could figure out out themselves. RTE are saying how disloyal they are. Whoever it is obviously is around long enough not to give a shite and will stand tall if they get outed.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

The Subbie

Gone from 950 followers yesterday when I started following to 14.4k now
Also tweeting that they are scared??
Is tubridy going to call round and be condescending???

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: vallankumous on September 16, 2017, 10:19:04 AM

It's things like RTE that make it expensive. It would be silly to inflate property prices in Ballymun when you can increase it where you live.
It's also practical as most people in the broadcasting and media industry come from middle and upper class areas.
It would be unreasonable to ask Miriam O'Calaghan or Ryan Tubridy to cross the Liffey.
I get it now. So RTE put their HQ in Dubln 4 to protect the poor people of Ballymunetc from house price inflation. These guys are heroes. Can't believe you could be so cynical as to suggest presenters, mega stars etc wouldn't be prepared to cross the Liffey. These good people have travelled the length and breath of the country ( financed of course by their RTE expenses) for the god people of Eire
Careful now

Eamonnca1

He's up to 24,739 followers now. If they'd kept quiet he'd still only have about 500. If this isn't the Streisand Effect in action then I don't know what is.

Captain Scarlet

Still going!
Ian O'Doherty reckons the person isn't a whistleblower just a rat and that if they were so pissed off they would have fought the bosses on this and God forbid leave their highly-paid pensionable job...
It reminded me of a friend who was talking about a person within RTE and how edgy they are, how sick of it all they were. How things were crap and they don't play Irish music and they are always giving out.
This person was still happy to work on the same gig for years, doing the same thing, getting well-paid, and never once dream of going outside of RTE because they had a v cushy number.
If all these poor disenchanted souls with jobs for life contracts and big wages decided to explore new creative ventures in the independent sector then new younger people might breath life into RTE...ah no they are grand where they are...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.