The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Absolutely pissing down. Even if they get back on now, they'll probably have an impossible chase with all the runs they gave up.

Boycey

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 11, 2016, 04:46:30 PM
Absolutely pissing down. Even if they get back on now, they'll probably have an impossible chase with all the runs they gave up.

Perversely the shorter the chase potentially the easier it gets as the total gets reduced accordingly but looking at the rain it looks unlikely. Ah bollix I see its been abandoned while I've not been paying attention

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 11, 2016, 03:55:39 PM
Ireland are atrocious so far. Pathetic fielding and toothless bowling. Bangladesh are 32-0 with not even 3 overs done yet!

Ireland's fielding was shocking today.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tony Baloney

Lads that bandwagon is ducked too.

Gabriel_Hurl

Some game in Mumbai between SA and England will England pulling off a great run chase to win with 2 balls to spare - the 2nd highest run chase in T20 International history

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 18, 2016, 07:22:40 PM
Some game in Mumbai between SA and England will England pulling off a great run chase to win with 2 balls to spare - the 2nd highest run chase in T20 International history

Great game.

Joe Root is a genius.

magpie seanie

Ireland have taken several steps backwards since losing Phil Simmons. The coach and even Porterfield as captain must be questioned. If anything our squad looks stronger on paper but we're regressing. The stated aim of test cricket will not be achieved unless we buck up considerably.

Gabriel_Hurl

Holy shit - what a final over

That's some bottle job by England

TabClear

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 03, 2016, 06:07:45 PM
Holy shit - what a final over

That's some bottle job by England

To be fair, the only English player who touched the ball in the last over was stokes!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 19, 2016, 10:38:14 AM
Ireland have taken several steps backwards since losing Phil Simmons. The coach and even Porterfield as captain must be questioned. If anything our squad looks stronger on paper but we're regressing. The stated aim of test cricket will not be achieved unless we buck up considerably.

They have to agree, but I think they are struggling to manage 3 forms of the game. Other countries have bigger pools to pick from. Ireland however are forced to utilise the more of the same players, and it's almost like 3 different sports at times, esp 20/20 v test matches.

Orior

Good recovery by Engurland  against Pakistan. This should cheer up the west brits on GAA Board.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Boycey

Quote from: Orior on August 11, 2016, 04:41:39 PM
Good recovery by Engurland  against Pakistan. This should cheer up the west brits on GAA Board.

It's possible to follow cricket and still cheer against them u know  ;)

Orior

Ireland struggling against England. Will Eoin Morgan be trying even harder to beat his own country?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

NAG1

Quote from: Orior on May 05, 2017, 12:40:07 PM
Ireland struggling against England. Will Eoin Morgan be trying even harder to beat his own country?

The bowler should be allowed to shoulder barge him any time he runs down the wicket.

JPGJOHNNYG

Morgan knocking it around for fun. The irony that our best player may seriously dent our test playing hopes lol