Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Carrick is a excellent town for Stag do's or Hen party's one the best town's in the west & i think you can get into the Passion for free before 12am

Bars i would recommend are Havana,Murtaghs (also has a upstairs nite club), Dunne's and the Boardwalk bar in the landmark Hotel 
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Onion Bag

Been given the task of booking my brothers stag, its next April, I think we have established we are heading to Edinburgh. somewhere i have never been but heard great reports off.

anyone been there? Im looking for the best location for hotels for the pubs and clubs, eating houses, etc.

doing a bit of work on the net, a lot of hotels are all claiming to be in the city centre but they seem to spread out all over the place.

Is the city centre the best place to be?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ziggysego

The Grassmarket is the best place to base yourselves in Onion Bag. I'd highly recommend The 3 Sisters.
Testing Accessibility

gawa316

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 07, 2010, 04:20:12 PM
Been given the task of booking my brothers stag, its next April, I think we have established we are heading to Edinburgh. somewhere i have never been but heard great reports off.

anyone been there? Im looking for the best location for hotels for the pubs and clubs, eating houses, etc.

doing a bit of work on the net, a lot of hotels are all claiming to be in the city centre but they seem to spread out all over the place.

Organised my mates there in June. Deadly spot.

We stayed in budgetbackpackers which is grand for all the sleeping you'll be doing, it's cheap and also right beside the 3 Sisters pub, which is usually pretty happening. Zig has just reminded me about the Grass market. The hostel is in between the 3 sisters and it. Couldn't be better placed.

I organised white water raftling, which was good but it's a brave trek up to the river about 90 mins away which isn't great for the old hangover.

Onion Bag

cheers lads, i'll take a look into it
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Tyrones own

Quote from: ziggysego on December 07, 2010, 04:25:05 PM
The Grassmarket is the best place to base yourselves in Onion Bag. I'd highly recommend The 3 Sisters.
Jaysus Zig that's quite an offer but I'm sure Edinburgh has plenty of strippers without bringing along Greencastle wemen  :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 07, 2010, 04:20:12 PM

Had my stag there many moons ago. Although the city centre isn't that big it's a hoor to get around up all the hills etc. when you're half lit. Grassmarket would be in the middle of the action and there should be enough hotels and hostels so suit all pockets. Being from Armagh you'll hardly want anything too fancy...  ;) The 3 Sisters (when I was in it years ago) would have been the Edinburgh equivalent of the Bot.

Milltown Row2

Shite then tony! Princess street, plenty going on there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Worker

Go to the pubic triangle, very friendly area.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2010, 06:14:06 PM
A very close relation of Princes Street?

Hoof Hearted

try some of the Apex hotels. one of them is right in the grassmarket. i stayed in Apex European for 2009 Heineken Cup final, perfect location.  opposite haymarket train station.

or an alternative, i had my own stag there 4 years ago. stayed in a youth hostel. 2 rooms x 8 beds. £15/20 a head. did the job. St Christophers. Walking distance to nightlife. maybe your mates will turn their noses up at the idea, but hey, it's a stag, not a romantic weekend.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ziggysego

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 07, 2010, 08:33:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 07, 2010, 06:14:06 PM
A very close relation of Princes Street?

I stayed in the Point Hotel, on Princes Street.
Testing Accessibility

Joxer

Trying to organise a Stag weekend in Newcastle.  Who are the best to fly with?  Have priced Easyjet and Ryanair and they are both coming in pretty hefty.

Also talking about Westport.  Anyone been there?  Hear its a lively enough spot!

Bingo

We are flying easyjet into newcastle from belfast at end of January and it was about stg50 a head, good times on a friday and sunday as well. If you give it plenty of notice, you should be ok.

Newcastle is super for a stag.

Been in westport but not for a stag. It was busy and that but not a patch on Newcastle.

Joxer

Quote from: Bingo on December 20, 2010, 03:53:31 PM
We are flying easyjet into newcastle from belfast at end of January and it was about stg50 a head, good times on a friday and sunday as well. If you give it plenty of notice, you should be ok.

Newcastle is super for a stag.

Been in westport but not for a stag. It was busy and that but not a patch on Newcastle.

Looking at March with Easyjet but coming in about 100 - 110 pound.