Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on February 18, 2010, 03:24:39 PM
Anyone ever went to vegas for a stag?

A few Lurgan lads went to Vegas 2 years ago on a stag for 6 days (i think) as far as i know one of the lads who went is on the board here "IVEDECIDED" (i think)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

JimStynes

I was talkin to ivedecided a while ago there, must get chatting to him re the vegas stag. Talk of my stag going to vegas in 2012.

gawa316

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on February 12, 2010, 04:19:33 PM
Quote from: umgolaarmagh on February 12, 2010, 11:39:28 AM
something sensible during the day would be ideal, it might only lead to a 4 day hangover after the weekend instead  the normal 7 days usually associated with stags

Something sensible between 10am and 1pm would suffice.  I seen an ad for this, it's only half an hour from Edinburgh:

It looks like it might be a good way to spend an hour or two.  Has anyone ever tried this?

Hey are you the best man/organiser?

I'm organising one for Edinburgh in June. Have you looked at accom and prices? Was on a site called gobananas who offer 2 nights accom, plus entry to club on 1st night and to a lap dancing yoke on the 2nd night for 49 quid. Hate to give feckers like these my money but that sounds like a good deal.

Like the look of that activity, how much is it?

DennistheMenace

Quote from: JimStynes on February 19, 2010, 12:13:38 AM
I was talkin to ivedecided a while ago there, must get chatting to him re the vegas stag. Talk of my stag going to vegas in 2012.

Jim i've been there once on stag, isn't the kind of place you want to take big numbers if your organising but ultimately an amazing place to party.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on February 20, 2010, 06:11:57 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on February 12, 2010, 04:19:33 PM
Quote from: umgolaarmagh on February 12, 2010, 11:39:28 AM
something sensible during the day would be ideal, it might only lead to a 4 day hangover after the weekend instead  the normal 7 days usually associated with stags

Something sensible between 10am and 1pm would suffice.  I seen an ad for this, it's only half an hour from Edinburgh:

It looks like it might be a good way to spend an hour or two.  Has anyone ever tried this?

Hey are you the best man/organiser?

I'm organising one for Edinburgh in June. Have you looked at accom and prices? Was on a site called gobananas who offer 2 nights accom, plus entry to club on 1st night and to a lap dancing yoke on the 2nd night for 49 quid. Hate to give feckers like these my money but that sounds like a good deal.

Like the look of that activity, how much is it?
Hard to turn up your nose at those prices, but you'd have to question the standard of lappy club for that dough. I'm sure you boys wouldnt be fussy :)

JimStynes

Quote from: DennistheMenace on February 20, 2010, 08:22:40 PM

Jim i've been there once on stag, isn't the kind of place you want to take big numbers if your organising but ultimately an amazing place to party.

Yeah i only want a maximum of 10 to Vegas and then have a stag somewhere local at home.  I was there in November with the fiance and it totally blew me away so i can imagine what it would be like with all my mates there.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on February 20, 2010, 11:36:27 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on February 20, 2010, 08:22:40 PM

Some mate if you expect your mates to spend a few grand on your stag do.

Yeah i only want a maximum of 10 to Vegas and then have a stag somewhere local at home.  I was there in November with the fiance and it totally blew me away so i can imagine what it would be like with all my mates there.

DennistheMenace

He had a foreign stag do to Vegas for his close mates that could afford it which was really an excuse for a lads holiday then a local one in Ireland for the 20+ mates. Don't see an issue with it at all.

Santino

Have a stag in berlin to organise. Anyone been and any tips where to stay or go?
Cheers in advance!

JimStynes

Quote from: DennistheMenace on February 21, 2010, 12:04:27 AM
He had a foreign stag do to Vegas for his close mates that could afford it which was really an excuse for a lads holiday then a local one in Ireland for the 20+ mates. Don't see an issue with it at all.

I agree it would be a week holiday/stag in the summer time for lads who want to go and can afford it

Rav67

Quote from: Santino on February 21, 2010, 01:45:25 AM
Have a stag in berlin to organise. Anyone been and any tips where to stay or go?
Cheers in advance!

Generator Hostel is a great spot!  About a 1000 ppl in it, nice place, big bar ppol tables etc, crawling with Yank women during the summer.  If you're there in the summer its full of inter-railers so there's loads of organised pub crawls- it'd be worth tying in with one in the evening after being on the sauce during the day, plenty of sleazing opportunities anyway

wherefromreferee?

Heading to Newry on a stag for the first bank holiday in May - crowd of us staying in Canal Court (I think)  Are there places to avoid in Newry - never drank in it before.  Also, are there certain establishments we should be going to?  Any advice is greatly aprpeciated.
In your Endo!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on April 20, 2010, 01:49:55 PM
Heading to Newry on a stag for the first bank holiday in May - crowd of us staying in Canal Court (I think)  Are there places to avoid in Newry - never drank in it before.  Also, are there certain establishments we should be going to?  Any advice is greatly aprpeciated.

bingobus

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 20, 2010, 01:55:42 PM
Quote from: wherefromreferee? on April 20, 2010, 01:49:55 PM

;D  ;D

Shortso79

Is it the Saturday or Sunday night ?

Best two bets are the Canal Court Or Bellinis - both are located beside eachother

Canal Court would get a great crowd in the downstairs bar and then around 11.30pm/12am everybody heads up to the Millers Suite - over 23's

Its around 10 pounds to get in - basically a band will play until 1am then a wee disco afterwards

Plenty of women here - especially before 11.30pm - before the busloads of men arrive ...

Bellinis have a cover charge after 10pm or 10.30pm - they will have a live band and disco on also

Best advice re Bellinis is to go in early and get a seat

Both Canal Court and Bellinis get decent crowds

There's also the Bank Bar/Nightclub or The Relic Nightclub - these are for the 18-20 year old bracket

Need any other info give me a shout