Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rav67

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 03, 2009, 08:18:39 PM
I'm basically looking for somewhere that I haven't been to for a stag before.  Previous stags have included:

Newcastle x 3
Liverpool
Blackpool
Krakow
Amsterdam
Brussels
Clones  :D
Bundoran  :D :D

I heard that in the likes of Riga the authorities were starting to get a bit pissed off with stags wrecking about the place.

What was Amsterdam like for a stag party?  Heading there on one in a few weeks, 20 going I think.  Can't imagine there'd be many hen parties about?

Hoof Hearted

Edinburgh was where i had mine, highly recommended, i think i posted several pages back on places to go
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

The Real Laoislad

Need to start thinking of where I'll go for my stag...
Options:

3 days golfing in the Algarve
Bratislava
Riga
Budapest

Any other suggestions?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 03, 2009, 07:46:22 PM
Lads I'm in the middle of picking a destination for my stag next year, have many of you been to prague?  Any good or bad experiences?

Been there 3 times..great city
You'll Never Walk Alone.

oakleafgael

Stags do's like a lot of things recently have got out of hand and went completly overboard. The novelty of heading away for a weekend to somewhere no one has been before has worn off.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Rav67 on September 03, 2009, 08:49:10 PM

What was Amsterdam like for a stag party?  Heading there on one in a few weeks, 20 going I think.  Can't imagine there'd be many hen parties about?

Amsterdam was good oul craic, but it's just what you imagine, full of weirdos, but a real eye opener.

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 03, 2009, 08:54:39 PM
Edinburgh was where i had mine, highly recommended, i think i posted several pages back on places to go

Where did you stay when you were there?  i.e did you get much hassle over too much noise etc.

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 03, 2009, 09:03:39 PM
Lads I'm in the middle of picking a destination for my stag next year, have many of you been to prague?  Any good or bad experiences?

Is there still loads of places for cheap booze?

Tony Baloney

Had mine there too although that was 7 years ago so things have obviously moved on! Great spot though. Compact wee city with a good selection of bars and clubs and as you say flights are cheap enough. We stayed in a hostel but these days there seem to be plenty of cheap hotels about.

mackers

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was there 3 years ago f**king brilliant!! Pints at 50p in the beer halls, couldn't beat it with a big stick. If you drink in the right spots, drink is very cheap. There's a trip out to the country for shooting with AK-47s, Glock handguns, and a pump action shotgun. Absolutely first class and kept us out of the pub on the Saturday until late afternoon. Thoroughly recommend it.

Was in Edinburgh last summer on a stag, it was great craic as well.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

ludermor

Hard to look past Vilinius, about half the price of Riga and loads of decent pubs and clubs. Loads of other 'activities' to keep a stag party happy as well!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ludermor on September 03, 2009, 10:16:29 PM
Hard to look past Vilinius, about half the price of Riga and loads of decent pubs and clubs. Loads of other 'activities' to keep a stag party happy as well!

Nice museums?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

curvey

El you get them City lads off to Hamburg (Ryanair out of Dublin) for your stag, some spot. If i know you guys then you'll never be away from the sleaze but there is actually good sightseeing (and I'm not talking about the strip clubs ;))

Some of the Clans ones went to Vegas for their stag (that's just a bit to far) and had a ball...what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas :D

ziggysego

I was at a Stag Do in Edinburgh also. Great place.
Testing Accessibility

ludermor

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 03, 2009, 10:21:02 PM
Quote from: ludermor on September 03, 2009, 10:16:29 PM

Nice museums?
Yes, beautiful gallaries as well

gawa316

I have to plan 2 for next year, anyone ever been to the Isle of Man for one?

Headin to Sligo for one in Oct, stayin in the Glasshouse

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 03, 2009, 09:19:03 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on September 03, 2009, 08:49:10 PM

Amsterdam was good oul craic, but it's just what you imagine, full of weirdos, but a real eye opener.

Where did you stay when you were there?  i.e did you get much hassle over too much noise etc.

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 03, 2009, 09:03:39 PM

It's good craic for a stag... it's fairly expensive now though!