China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 03:18:31 PM
Quote from: Taylor on March 16, 2020, 03:13:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 02:34:49 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 16, 2020, 02:28:03 PM
Working from home starting today. Will probably have to go in the odd day though. Kids are off school too.

But still exposing yourself to others? Not sexually of course  ;)

My point is, that period you're out and interacting with anything that contains the virus you'll bring it home. Surely it's self isolate or not all and be sensible when out (wash hands no touching no sneezing and all the other stuff)

I'm off till Wednesday, it's a fluid situation and our Danish CEO has spoken and said they will look after us, I don't see how they will if some of the experts on here think 18 months before getting on with our lives again

Just doubling down with your nonsense now MR2.

Still taking the piss out of people who said how serious it was last week

When did I post I wasn't taking it serious? Put up a post where I said it's all a hoax or stop worrying it won't happen

Who mentioned you said it was a hoax?  :o

You are clearly being sarcastic saying the 'experts on here'..........

armaghniac

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 16, 2020, 03:26:10 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2020, 03:21:28 PM
In terms of a vaccine, and I admit I am no expert, I would be a little more optomistic. I think it is likely that the vaccine wont be hugely different than some other vaccine that may allow them to leverage of old trials.

Despite SARS and MERS (both of which are coronavirus), there has yet to be a successful vaccine developed for a coronavirus.

Mind you, work on a SARS vaccine petered out when the disease itself petered out. Medical science has greatly eveloped since then and  this is the  big one, where everyone will be working on a vaccine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: armaghniac on March 16, 2020, 03:30:19 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on March 16, 2020, 03:26:10 PM
Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2020, 03:21:28 PM
In terms of a vaccine, and I admit I am no expert, I would be a little more optomistic. I think it is likely that the vaccine wont be hugely different than some other vaccine that may allow them to leverage of old trials.

Despite SARS and MERS (both of which are coronavirus), there has yet to be a successful vaccine developed for a coronavirus.

Mind you, work on a SARS vaccine petered out when the disease itself petered out. Medical science has greatly eveloped since then and  this is the  big one, where everyone will be working on a vaccine.

Probably the biggest challenge would be ramping up production of anything that was developed. I'd be hoping the people who make say the flu vaccine could switch over their manufacturing lines. That said I have no idea if that is possible or easy.

Itchy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Taylor on March 16, 2020, 03:28:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 03:18:31 PM
Quote from: Taylor on March 16, 2020, 03:13:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 02:34:49 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 16, 2020, 02:28:03 PM
Working from home starting today. Will probably have to go in the odd day though. Kids are off school too.

But still exposing yourself to others? Not sexually of course  ;)

My point is, that period you're out and interacting with anything that contains the virus you'll bring it home. Surely it's self isolate or not all and be sensible when out (wash hands no touching no sneezing and all the other stuff)

I'm off till Wednesday, it's a fluid situation and our Danish CEO has spoken and said they will look after us, I don't see how they will if some of the experts on here think 18 months before getting on with our lives again

Just doubling down with your nonsense now MR2.

Still taking the piss out of people who said how serious it was last week

When did I post I wasn't taking it serious? Put up a post where I said it's all a hoax or stop worrying it won't happen

Who mentioned you said it was a hoax?  :o

You are clearly being sarcastic saying the 'experts on here'..........

So by your definition of me taking the piss I wasn't being serious about this?

The experts on here are limited to what's on news feeds from real experts. Here in lies the problem, so many various predictions on how it's going to pan out, who knows definitively?

Different scales of disaster movie on here!

The simplest thing to do is keep distance and ensure good hygiene. Self isolation if you're in that group of elderly or underlying conditions.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Trap

What are the chances of Sky and BT reducing the monthly bills to reflect there being no sport? Or will we all have to ring individually and hold for ages!!!!
Could be a case of every penny counts.
What about other bills:
Mortgage
Rates
Loan payments
Car payments
Household Bills
Any chance of any of those being put on hold?

Joeythelips

Quote from: The Trap on March 16, 2020, 04:02:16 PM
What are the chances of Sky and BT reducing the monthly bills to reflect there being no sport? Or will we all have to ring individually and hold for ages!!!!
Could be a case of every penny counts.
What about other bills:
Mortgage
Rates
Loan payments
Car payments
Household Bills
Any chance of any of those being put on hold?

I think every person and company should do their bit as people will get badly squeezed by this crisis. Surly something like mortgage freezes and interest only payments on other forms of credit. Things like this would go a long way to ease peoples minds and stop the panic. I see Virgin Air have told their staff to take 8 weeks unpaid leave, who the hell can afford to do that if they have a mortgage and other bills.

An Watcher

Some leisure centres open, some closed, wtf?

larryin89

Italy warning it will be forced to let anyone over 80 years old just die . This is starting to get stomach churning thinking about it . Times like this I wish I believed in a man in the sky .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Milltown Row2

Medical advisor from UK on now bbc. Not saying anything different, London is further on than rest of Britain.

Social distancing is the main topic. Still haven't taken any proper measures of enforcement

Tested 44,000 2,000 tested positive, 60 million in Britain!

No test kits available to show if someone had it and none or minor illness from it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 16, 2020, 02:25:25 PM
How many boarders are off work and self isolating?

We pulled our little one out of daycare on Friday, she had a fever. We called the doc and described her symptoms, and they asked us to bring her straight to the ER. They kept her in overnight, she had pneumonia. She's back with us now and she's fine, still has a bit of a chesty cough and she's taking antibiotics for it.

The hospital wasn't that busy, probably because so many people are self isolating. Fewer people going out to bars and getting in fights, fewer people playing sports and getting injured, fewer people driving and getting into crashes. I'm glad the place had plenty of capacity. It might not be like that for long, we're up to 114 confirmed cases in this county as of Friday, and there's probably a lot more unconfirmed. We have huge homeless camps in parks and under elevated freeways, I shudder to think what's spreading in those shantytowns.

When I texted my wife on Friday I told her to come home, bring her computer, and don't go back to the office. Her employer won't let her work from home even though there's no reason for her to be sitting in her cubicle doing what she does - all of it can be done remotely. I told her not to go back to the office anyway, f**k those guys. At any rate the docs gave her a sick note so she's officially not working this week, but I've still forbade her to go back to the office come next week.

Over the weekend I stocked up on enough food and supplies to get us through a few weeks in the event of a mandatory lockdown. My employer has shut all of its offices globally and has everyone working remotely.

We're locking ourselves down for the duration.

93-DY-SAM

Is Boris pinning his hopes to the UK seeing this out with minimum damage to the economy regardless of anything else so they are best positioned coming out of this to bounce back quicker and negate some of the chaos Brexit will bring.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 16, 2020, 05:35:13 PM
Is Boris pinning his hopes to the UK seeing this out with minimum damage to the economy regardless of anything else so they are best positioned coming out of this to bounce back quicker and negate some of the chaos Brexit will bring.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Tories just want to wipe out a generation of old folk to ease pressure on the NHS and pensions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 16, 2020, 05:35:13 PM

Brexit is a nothing, no country will recover well from this. He just dodged a Irish question there!

RadioGAAGAA

The BBC are completely f**king useless:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-51903319

Posted at 16:5416:54
BREAKING
UK 'approaching fast growth part of the virus curve'
Prime Minister Boris Johnson says the UK is approaching the "fast growth part of the upward curve" in the coronavirus outbreak.

He says without "drastic action", cases could double every five to six days.

As a result, the government is asking for people to begin avoiding all unnecessary social contact.

News for you dickheads, the cases have been more or less doubling every 3-4 days since the 3rd of March. That is by your own f**king figures and including after you reduced testing to improve the political optics of it.

Of course, all said without challenge.
i usse an speelchekor