8. Colm Cavanagh
9. Padraig Hampsey
10. Frank Burns
11. Niall Sludden
12. Darren McCurry
13. Peter Harte
14. Brian Kennedy
15. Conor Meyler

I don't see Kennedy playing inside, I'd imagine he will start at midfield if the team starts as named.

We really need to move on and start playing two men inside, of that team named I'd imagine Burns and Harte are probably the two player best equipped to play inside and win some ball with McCurry and Sludden playing close to them, the rest will just filter behind the ball when we don't have it and support when we do.

I think that forward line shows how badly short we are of inside forward options.

Bradley, McCurry and O'Neill are not inside forwards in the modern game, they are good players, the former two in particular (I don't think O'Neill has the mobility for the modern game) but the generally are much better equipped playing onto on the 45 where they can get on the ball and run on moves and finishing. They don't have the physicality to play inside and winning ball.

I was disappointed Harte didn't look at alternatives to McShane in the squad for this year, we were so reliant on him last year that we really should have some contingency in place if he was unavailable. Without Donnelly and McShane available our forward line just looks powderpuff and lightweight.

Good to see Michael O'Neill get his opportunity tonight.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

CK_Redhand

Quote from: Angelo on February 29, 2020, 01:29:38 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on February 29, 2020, 01:11:50 PM
1. Niall Morgan
2. Michael Cassidy
3. Ronan McNammee
4. Liam Rafferty
5. Michael McKernan
6. Rory Brennan
7. Michael O'Neill
8. Colm Cavanagh
9. Padraig Hampsey
10. Frank Burns
11. Niall Sludden
12. Darren McCurry
13. Peter Harte
14. Brian Kennedy
15. Conor Meyler

I don't see Kennedy playing inside, I'd imagine he will start at midfield if the team starts as named.

We really need to move on and start playing two men inside, of that team named I'd imagine Burns and Harte are probably the two player best equipped to play inside and win some ball with McCurry and Sludden playing close to them, the rest will just filter behind the ball when we don't have it and support when we do.

I think that forward line shows how badly short we are of inside forward options.

Bradley, McCurry and O'Neill are not inside forwards in the modern game, they are good players, the former two in particular (I don't think O'Neill has the mobility for the modern game) but the generally are much better equipped playing onto on the 45 where they can get on the ball and run on moves and finishing. They don't have the physicality to play inside and winning ball.

I was disappointed Harte didn't look at alternatives to McShane in the squad for this year, we
were so reliant on him last year that we really should have some contingency in place if he was unavailable. Without Donnelly and McShane available our forward line just looks powderpuff and lightweight.

C McCann and F Burns in McKenna cup and first two league games?

Angelo

Quote from: CK_Redhand on February 29, 2020, 01:45:18 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 29, 2020, 01:29:38 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on February 29, 2020, 01:11:50 PM
1. Niall Morgan
2. Michael Cassidy
3. Ronan McNammee
4. Liam Rafferty
5. Michael McKernan
6. Rory Brennan
7. Michael O'Neill
8. Colm Cavanagh
9. Padraig Hampsey
10. Frank Burns
11. Niall Sludden
12. Darren McCurry
13. Peter Harte
14. Brian Kennedy
15. Conor Meyler

I was disappointed Harte didn't look at alternatives to McShane in the squad for this year, we
were so reliant on him last year that we really should have some contingency in place if he was unavailable. Without Donnelly and McShane available our forward line just looks powderpuff and lightweight.

C McCann and F Burns in McKenna cup and first two league games?

Neither are inside forwards though, I was more on about options outside the existing squad. He could have used the McKenna Cup to have a look at the likes of Ryan Coleman, Paul Donaghy or Danny McNulty to name a few - not they might not have made the grade but were surely worth a look at in the least in an area we are down to the bare bones at present.

WT4E

Angelo

MC

Healey Park in Omagh supposed to be re-laid and facilities upgraded in May/June - out of action then for 10 months!

bigtogs

Quote from: MC on February 29, 2020, 02:35:11 PM
Healey Park in Omagh supposed to be re-laid and facilities upgraded in May/June - out of action then for 10 months!

Not sure that has been confirmed yet...There is a bit of skulduggery going on in the back ground i hear......

An Watcher

If the match goes ahead its on RTE tonight. Mayo v Kerry has been postponed until tomorrow

RedHand88

square_ball

Angelo

That was a very good performance from Tyrone, attitude was superb - obviously with the lack of Donnelly and McShane the conditions suited us tonight.

Burns, Brennan, Morgan, Rafferty and Colm Cavanagh were all superb but I thought Peter Harte was the best player on the pitch. He's been out of form badly of late and has came in for some justified criticism but that will hopefully get him in the groove. I think we have to use him inside like we did tonight for the rest of the year, particularly with Donnelly and McShane missing.

Good to see Hampsey and McKernan back too, thought both did well tonight after their layoffs.

WT4E

To be fair I'm not his biggest fan in general but thought meyler excellent tonight.

WT4E

Is it just me or was it all the east tyrone boys at the frontline on the boxing?

The Trap

Tyrone beat kerry and dublin in bogs and think they are great. Hiding the truth about a lot of failings but who cares.

redzone

Quote from: WT4E on February 29, 2020, 10:13:00 PM
Is it just me or was it all the east tyrone boys at the frontline on the boxing?
Hard to make it out on the video I seen but I def could see hampsey taking cover in behind a few a richy donnelly doing the boxing.