Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

Hard luck Omagh. At half time it was looking good. Hard way to lose it

redzone

better team but couldnt get the scores near the end.was ronan oneill carrying an injury,r why did he hit that 50 with his left foot.good to see Clarke back.meyler has some fitness

The Trap

Hard luck Omagh, losing to a last gasp point is difficult to take. Will look back on lots of small incidents as this game came down to fine margins........Omagh will know it is an awful long road back to this stage. At least they had time to celebrate winning the Tyrone championship.

longballin

Quite a run by Omagh but toughening up does not need the thrash talk a few of them have go into... Slaughniel and Letterkenny players not impressed...

Mikhailov

Quote from: longballin on December 01, 2014, 03:19:43 PM
Quite a run by Omagh but toughening up does not need the thrash talk a few of them have go into... Slaughniel and Letterkenny players not impressed...

Heard that myself last week and was surprised but it was evident on tv yesterday although not all players guilty of it.  However it definitely was obvious versus slaughtneil which was disappointing as I wouldn't have associated this sort of caper with Omagh

Wee Roddy

Omagh have 1 player and he is notorious for he. He was caught on tv nipping his man after getting him booked.
Its part of the game they will say...but it aint and should never be accepted

In hiding

Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 01, 2014, 05:09:32 PM
Omagh have 1 player and he is notorious for he. He was caught on tv nipping his man after getting him booked.
what a joke... its a good job Carmen don't have any trash talkers. have a word with your most decorated player before you come on here slandering others

Wee Roddy

Quote from: In hiding on December 02, 2014, 12:37:51 AM
what a joke... its a good job Carmen don't have any trash talkers. have a word with your most decorated player before you come on here slandering others
I have near seen Big Oz Trash talk to anyone!!
The man you are referring to has never done it in a Carmen Jersey  ;)

tiempo

Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 02, 2014, 08:06:23 AM
Quote from: In hiding on December 02, 2014, 12:37:51 AM
I have near seen Big Oz Trash talk to anyone!!
The man you are referring to has never done it in a Carmen Jersey  ;)

have seen that first hand

westender

So the luck did run out in the end!! in all fairness i thought Omagh were the better and stronger team but they just seemed to be lacking up front. They had a few chances to go 4 up and didn't take them which ultimately cost them in the end. What a fantastic year for them though. Looking forward to next years club scene already. Barry Tierney is some player he has to be consider as tyrones CHB.

Hereiam

Quote from: westender on December 02, 2014, 09:12:50 AM
So the luck did run out in the end!! in all fairness i thought Omagh were the better and stronger team but they just seemed to be lacking up front. They had a few chances to go 4 up and didn't take them which ultimately cost them in the end. What a fantastic year for them though. Looking forward to next years club scene already. Barry Tierney is some player he has to be consider as tyrones CHB.

Did his man not score 4 points. His defence game would need to be improved.

Onthe40

Comiserations to Omagh..the great run finally came to an end..its been a wonderful season for them and now the questions will start as to whether they can come back strong next year again..it will be no cosolation now but sunday was a game they very much couldve and probably shouldve won. In most of their games to date theyve came from behind with strong finishes, on sunday they led for most of the game but couldnt see it through. Moran showed his mgmt experience I thought, continually making switches & bringing on fresh legs, whereas Omagh didnt until it was way too late. Bringing on Clarke didnt work either, he looked away of the pace and had no real impact, strange decision considering hes literally only back training. Although Joey & Grugan were good from loose play, the dominance S'neil enjoyed around the middle from primary and secondary ball  particularly for a 10 -15 min spell in the middle of the 2nd half,  ultimately brought them back into the game & laid the platform for victory. I can S'neil making the All Ireland final now, well organised and retain posession well.

Norf Tyrone

Busy weekend so only getting to this now.

Fair play to Omagh and commiserations. I was gutted watching it, so God knows how they felt! I think a draw would've been a fair result.
I wouldn't have Barry Tierney near a Tyrone team at CHB as he's too offensive. However I'd nail him into the wing back slot. He has had a great season, and I was delighted for him considering the slating he got earlier this year.

Well done to Rock too, who showed the strength of Tyrone Junior football.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

westender

Yes i agree tierney's man done alot of damage and his defensive role certainly needs to improve. I still feel he can make a big impact at CHB. I'm sure MH will be filtering men back so there would be plenty of cover! I personally would love to see him making them lung busting runs, with and without the ball, in the Tyrone jersey.   

Fuzzman

Interesting hearing how you think Tierney is so offensive minded.
What is happening the art of defending these days. Is it all because we play defensive systems now so the skill of tackling and knowing when to tackle is being lost?