Time to Split Dublin

Started by Dont Matter, September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
42 (29%)
No
103 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on July 27, 2014, 06:58:51 PM
You do concede we didn't buy 2011. I mean you simply have to since the vast majority of the team never was trained in the monied system you claim operates.

How do I have to? Most of the backline came through the system and many key players in the game did, that's before the money spent on team preparation. Are you admitting you bought last years All Ireland?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

imtommygunn

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 27, 2014, 06:53:50 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2014, 06:46:13 PM
Underage means nothing yet. As today again proved they're quite a way off in the hurling too.

Why do you have such a bee in your bonnet? Apart from home advantage what started you looking at finance? I'm intrigued as to exactly what your beef here is and why you're so incessant.

You seem very passionate about it. If you see it as such an injustice why not do something about it??

Having a conveyor belt of underage talent coming through means nothing at senior level? Are you mad?

All counties are meant to be equal in the GAA, why should one county be receiving special treatment? It's an amateur sport but one county is operating on a professional basis. The question you should be asking is why don't you have a problem with it? Why is one county buying success ok with you?

Maybe I am doing something about it.

It means nothing yet.there is no dominance. Yet. The likes of Tyrone had heavy dominance in the noughties in underage. Not overly many made it to senior.

A lot of counties have the "club" set ups. So they have subscriptions for willing volunteers to contribute to their county. Some counties get way more than others through this. This is through varying factors like playing population, success etc etc.

What you seem to be proposing is basically an even playing field so where does that stop?

Do you say each county is only allowed to spend x on underage setup and y on senior? Then the more successful the more is needed, e.g. More games and more prep, so do you take an average?

Then what about club? Some clubs have bigger membership than other clubs entire community population. How do you apply a level playing field to that?

So I guess to be clear I would like to know what do you propose? You propose splitting dublin. So if their costs go down what about for example if cork spent more than everyone... Would you split them?

Dont Matter

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2014, 07:07:17 PM
It means nothing yet.there is no dominance. Yet. The likes of Tyrone had heavy dominance in the noughties in underage. Not overly many made it to senior.

A lot of counties have the "club" set ups. So they have subscriptions for willing volunteers to contribute to their county. Some counties get way more than others through this. This is through varying factors like playing population, success etc etc.

What you seem to be proposing is basically an even playing field so where does that stop?

Do you say each county is only allowed to spend x on underage setup and y on senior? Then the more successful the more is needed, e.g. More games and more prep, so do you take an average?

Then what about club? Some clubs have bigger membership than other clubs entire community population. How do you apply a level playing field to that?

So I guess to be clear I would like to know what do you propose? You propose splitting dublin. So if their costs go down what about for example if cork spent more than everyone... Would you split them?

The success is guaranteed if things continue as they are, it's impossible for it not to.

What I'd like to see is funds distributed fairly. So a system is set up in all counties to develop talent in football and hurling. At the moment we have huge money pumped into one county while very little into all the others. That can't continue, there should be a cap on spend on senior teams also.

It's too late to save Dubl$n now, it's gone too far. A decade of huge spending has left their unfair advantage unrepairable.
Peter Quinn

imtommygunn

What's your definition of fairly??

(Genuine question)

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 27, 2014, 07:07:01 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 27, 2014, 06:58:51 PM
You do concede we didn't buy 2011. I mean you simply have to since the vast majority of the team never was trained in the monied system you claim operates.

How do I have to? Most of the backline came through the system and many key players in the game did, that's before the money spent on team preparation. Are you admitting you bought last years All Ireland?

Just to further rubbish you. ( not difficult)

Cluxton
Fitzsimons
Brennan
Mc Mahon
MDMA
Flynn
Alan Brogan
Diarmuid Connolly
Bernard Brogan
Barry Cahill
Eoghan O Gara
Denis Bastic
Kevin Mc Menamon

Not one of them was in this monied system as you call it from 2005. And to cap it off from 2005-2009 the Dublin u21 team was knocked out in the first round every year. So you're actually just posting bullshit now.

I could go on and on and.............................................

easytiger95

Lads I've been guilty of it myself, but please stop giving this guy oxygen.

armaghniac

Quote from: easytiger95 on July 27, 2014, 08:13:58 PM
Lads I've been guilty of it myself, but please stop giving this guy oxygen.

I agree, Indiana has been going on and on for long enough.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dont Matter

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 27, 2014, 07:40:38 PM
What's your definition of fairly??

(Genuine question)

I think some counties need more money than others based on population but nowhere near about 1.4 million more. Each county would have their main strategic officer paid for, coaches that they need paid for and whatever other positions are needed. So the plan would be the same in all counties. Get the most out of what they have available.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on July 27, 2014, 07:49:06 PM
Just to further rubbish you. ( not difficult)

Cluxton
Fitzsimons
Brennan
Mc Mahon
MDMA
Flynn
Alan Brogan
Diarmuid Connolly
Bernard Brogan
Barry Cahill
Eoghan O Gara
Denis Bastic
Kevin Mc Menamon

Not one of them was in this monied system as you call it from 2005. And to cap it off from 2005-2009 the Dublin u21 team was knocked out in the first round every year. So you're actually just posting bullshit now.

I could go on and on and.............................................

;D You've been left red faced multiple times on this thread.

Weren't Fitzsimons, McMahon and McManamon through the system? Along with O'Carroll, O'Sullivan, McCarthy and the man of the match in the final Nolan?

That the Dubl$n u21's were knocked out in the first round between 05 and 09 is further prove that money is the reason for your success. The huge number of development squads began in 05, so it would take a few years for them to reach u21 age group.

You can't go on and on because you've been proven incorrect time after time on this thread and then you just ignore the facts I put before you. Yet you still come back for more humiliation.  ;D
Peter Quinn

Zulu

Cavan gave Dublin a good beating in the Gerry Reilly today, winning 1-16 to 1-8. Time to consider splitting Cavan perhaps?

Dont Matter

Quote from: Zulu on July 27, 2014, 09:05:58 PM
Cavan gave Dublin a good beating in the Gerry Reilly today, winning 1-16 to 1-8. Time to consider splitting Cavan perhaps?

Have they received around 1.5 million euros for the past decade for underage development?
Peter Quinn

Zulu

Is your argument Dublin should be split because they get too much money?

Dont Matter

Quote from: Zulu on July 27, 2014, 09:11:47 PM
Is your argument Dublin should be split because they get too much money?

Then people say I repeat myself too much. Obviously not enough in some people's case.
Peter Quinn

Zulu

Didn't read many posts on this thread  but if Cavan U16's can beat Dublin's U16 team then population isn't an issue but you referred to money so I presumed you thought they should be split because of money.

Dont Matter

Quote from: Zulu on July 27, 2014, 09:26:29 PM
Didn't read many posts on this thread  but if Cavan U16's can beat Dublin's U16 team then population isn't an issue but you referred to money so I presumed you thought they should be split because of money.

Well yes, don't you think this level of money has helped them?

Peter Quinn