Time to Split Dublin

Started by Dont Matter, September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
42 (29%)
No
103 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Johnnybegood

Has don't matter been busted ? AGAIN !

Dont Matter

The figures for games development comes from the annual congress reports, it doesn't include money for pitches or floodlights or any of that. Here's the link for this years report: http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/Annual_Congress_Final_Report2.pdf
As you'll see Kerry got 53,000 last year.
Coaches get paid, there's a strategic programme manager, regional development officers, games promotion officers, they all get paid. The 1.5 million or so that Dubl$n GAA receive for games development yearly is just scratching the surface by the way, they have millions more available to them.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: Johnnybegood on July 26, 2014, 01:32:49 PM
Has don't matter been busted ? AGAIN !

Afraid not John boy.  ;D You've embarrassed yourself AGAIN!
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 26, 2014, 02:24:03 PM
The figures for games development comes from the annual congress reports, it doesn't include money for pitches or floodlights or any of that. Here's the link for this years report: http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/Annual_Congress_Final_Report2.pdf
Coaches get paid, there's a strategic programme manager, regional development officers, games promotion officers, they all get paid. The 1.5 million or so that Dubl$n GAA receive for games development yearly is just scratching the surface by the way, they have millions more available to them.

Oops as he lights up a Hamlet.

http://munster.gaa.ie/2014/03/12/munster-gaa-%E2%80%93-where-does-the-money-go/

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: INDIANA on July 26, 2014, 02:30:02 PM

Again, you need to be specific in your points as I cannot see why you are quoting those numbers

rrhf

is this inclusive or exclusive the type of arrangement which enticed keiran mc keever to coach in Dublin or are those arrangements different

Dont Matter

Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: rrhf on July 26, 2014, 02:43:57 PM
is this inclusive or exclusive the type of arrangement which enticed keiran mc keever to coach in Dublin or are those arrangements different

That's a Parnells thing, that's different.
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

INDIANA

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 26, 2014, 02:42:43 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 26, 2014, 02:30:02 PM

Again, you need to be specific in your points as I cannot see why you are quoting those numbers

205k for a centre of excellence in Kerry. The resident clown claims they got 53k. You do the maths or better still take up English lessons.

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on July 26, 2014, 02:57:20 PM
You stated that kerry got 53k. I've just proven you're talking through your arse.

;D I'm embarrassed for you, I said 53k for games development. I haven't included money for grounds or centres of excellence, do you know how high Dubl$ns figure would be then? You've really made a show of yourself here.
Peter Quinn

barelegs

To be fair to Don't Matter he was explicitly talking about the games development spending by the GAA directly to the Dublin County Board.

The GAA gave €1,509,631 directly to the Dublin County Board for games development last year.

Kerry for example got €53,253 directly for the same, Tyrone got €38,766 and Cork got €95,737. Derry got the second most with €116,635.

The Provincial Councils are each allocated money separately for Games Development. This can be passed on directly to counties or spent centrally on provincial council coaches.

Leinster got the most again (€1,712,365) some of which you'd imagine would find it's way back to Dublin, Ulster got €1,313,068 and Munster €1,084,314

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 26, 2014, 03:04:37 PM
You stated that kerry got 53k. I've just proven you're talking through your arse.

;D I'm embarrassed for you, I said 53k for games development. I haven't included money for grounds or centres of excellence, do you know how high Dubl$ns figure would be then? You've really made a show of yourself here.

Haven't made a show myself old bean. We don't have a centre of excellence or a county training centre. 

Dublin team train in several locations over the course of the year.

Let's add up the rest of kerry's allocation there and see what they come to.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: INDIANA on July 26, 2014, 03:08:49 PM

Haven't made a show myself old bean. We don't have a centre of excellence or a county training centre. 

ye have at least 3 centres of excellence for yer teams to use.
none of which ye paid out the capital cost for!

DCU
UCD
NADA

INDIANA

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 26, 2014, 03:11:58 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 26, 2014, 03:08:49 PM

ye have at least 3 centres of excellence for yer teams to use.
none of which ye paid out the capital cost for!

DCU
UCD
NADA

Debate gets even funnier that now national universities are now something they aren't. Complete horseshite. But believe that you want.