Time to Split Dublin

Started by Dont Matter, September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
42 (29%)
No
103 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on July 23, 2014, 01:42:27 PM
It doesn't show the salaries some managers get paid either

We can conclude Dublin are last in that table .

You forgot that bit.

It's like the Kildare minor manager referring to resources yesterday. Longford and Meath nearly beat Dublin.
It could be that Kildare are only the third or fourth best team in Leinster this year.

I'm sure every county in Ireland wouldn't pay for managers if they were getting millions to not only create talent but also pay for the preparation of their senior teams, the preparation is done in top class facilities they don't have to pay for either. Some counties struggle from year to year scraping their pennies together to prepare their teams while Dubl$n are going round getting their players cars.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 23, 2014, 01:57:38 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 23, 2014, 01:42:27 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on July 23, 2014, 01:11:09 PM
Then antrim would be getting 600,000. That table doesn't show all the money Dubl$n are getting either, not even close.

It doesn't show the salaries some managers get paid either

We can conclude Dublin are last in that table .

You forgot that bit.

It's like the Kildare minor manager referring to resources yesterday. Longford and Meath nearly beat Dublin.
It could be that Kildare are only the third or fourth best team in Leinster this year.

Did you read the point Brendan Hackett was making and the context? How much does the Dublin backroom team get paid? Over 20 at the last count, Bernard Dunne, Ray Boyne, Martin Kennedy, ffs you had Fergal Connolly consulting, one of the most eminent S&C experts in the world.

Kildare also beat Longford.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on July 23, 2014, 02:31:16 PM
Let's examine this properly which you never do.

Kildare have Barry Solan who is a world renowned S and C coach. I suggest a read of his resume. It probably outstrips Kennedys.

What Bernard Dunne knows about gaelic football I could write on a postage stamp. And he'd tell you that himself. He's a buffer for the players to talk to about things . he's a self confessed GAA fan who has no input into coaching the team. absolutely none.

Ray boyne is no longer a member of the senior management staff. So again incorrect. Every county in Ireland has statisticians. Ray also worked in the lean periods for Dublin. He's excellent at his job but it isn't what drives the success of the team and he'd tell that himself.

Granted Fergal Connolly is an elite sports science expert but again he's no longer part of the setup. Armagh had mike mc gurn as their fitness advisor - you're not going to tell me he's lesser then Connolly?

Dublin have the players Armagh didn't

You can all wax lyrically about money, populations , back room staff and all the rest but this is all about players.

This is a special crew of Dublin players and it won't always be like this. The idea that this Dublin team is better then all previous multiple all Ireland winning teams is rubbish.

Jesus Kerry and Kilkenny can win 4 in a row but if Dublin win 1 in a row it brings out yahoo in Iteland talking about global domination

It's laughable really.

So Bernard Dunne knows nothing about football but Dubl$n can afford to pay for him to hang around anyway, just for the crack.

Dubl$n have the players that have been created by the millions of euro pumped in. They then prepare them for senior level with more millions. If Kerry and Kilkenny were getting the same then there would be complaints about them too, the Dubs would be first in line with their objections, that's the laughable thing.
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 23, 2014, 02:59:50 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 23, 2014, 02:31:16 PM
Let's examine this properly which you never do.

Kildare have Barry Solan who is a world renowned S and C coach. I suggest a read of his resume. It probably outstrips Kennedys.

What Bernard Dunne knows about gaelic football I could write on a postage stamp. And he'd tell you that himself. He's a buffer for the players to talk to about things . he's a self confessed GAA fan who has no input into coaching the team. absolutely none.

Ray boyne is no longer a member of the senior management staff. So again incorrect. Every county in Ireland has statisticians. Ray also worked in the lean periods for Dublin. He's excellent at his job but it isn't what drives the success of the team and he'd tell that himself.

Granted Fergal Connolly is an elite sports science expert but again he's no longer part of the setup. Armagh had mike mc gurn as their fitness advisor - you're not going to tell me he's lesser then Connolly?

Dublin have the players Armagh didn't

You can all wax lyrically about money, populations , back room staff and all the rest but this is all about players.

This is a special crew of Dublin players and it won't always be like this. The idea that this Dublin team is better then all previous multiple all Ireland winning teams is rubbish.

Jesus Kerry and Kilkenny can win 4 in a row but if Dublin win 1 in a row it brings out yahoo in Iteland talking about global domination

It's laughable really.

So Bernard Dunne knows nothing about football but Dubl$n can afford to pay for him to hang around anyway, just for the crack.

Dubl$n have the players that have been created by the millions of euro pumped in. They then prepare them for senior level with more millions. If Kerry and Kilkenny were getting the same then there would be complaints about them too, the Dubs would be first in line with their objections, that's the laughable thing.

How do you know if he gets paid ? You telling me other counties don't pay their back room staff

Another bluff from the mentally deranged. stupid argument.

Dinny Breen

You miss the point, you held Jim Gavin up as some bastion of virtue because he is not paid but what GAA manager is suppose to be paid and claim Dublin would be at the bottom of some table you made up in your head of paid managers.

The reality is Dublin have the largest backroom team and most expensive in the GAA.

What you and every Dublin supporter refuse to accept is that somehow Dublin's success is anyway related to these investments, that Dublin suddenly have produced a golden generation from thin air. Dublin are the best conditioned team in Ireland, is that a fluke or is an investment in Fergal Connolly bearing fruit and an investment in the nutrional requirements of Dublin's players? Dublin's performance levels are excellent but is that a fluke or a direct result in performance and statistical analysis? Dublin have invested in skills coaches, lifestyle coaches, media management, operation managers and that is just the senior squad.

The point Brendan Hackett was making is that level of investment is now going into the Dublin under-age teams. As Shane Curran stated on the radio Dublin are a professional team, professional to me is not about getting paid, it's about preparing the best you can and Dublin's teams are now prepared to a professional standard.

Enjoy your success but people are naive if they think that Dublin's success is just down to having the best players and a once in a lifetime generation.

Anyhow that's me out of this discussion, enjoy your All-Ireland!

#newbridgeornowhere

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on July 23, 2014, 03:04:18 PM
How do you know if he gets paid ? You telling me other counties don't pay their back room staff

Oh he's doing it for free is he? Like Michael Carruth for the hurlers? All you do is deny and point fingers elsewhere, remember when you used to deny Dubl$n got any money at all for games development?  ;D
Peter Quinn

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 23, 2014, 03:14:15 PM
You miss the point, you held Jim Gavin up as some bastion of virtue because he is not paid but what GAA manager is suppose to be paid and claim Dublin would be at the bottom of some table you made up in your head of paid managers.

The reality is Dublin have the largest backroom team and most expensive in the GAA.

What you and every Dublin supporter refuse to accept is that somehow Dublin's success is anyway related to these investments, that Dublin suddenly have produced a golden generation from thin air. Dublin are the best conditioned team in Ireland, is that a fluke or is an investment in Fergal Connolly bearing fruit and an investment in the nutrional requirements of Dublin's players? Dublin's performance levels are excellent but is that a fluke or a direct result in performance and statistical analysis? Dublin have invested in skills coaches, lifestyle coaches, media management, operation managers and that is just the senior squad.

The point Brendan Hackett was making is that level of investment is now going into the Dublin under-age teams. As Shane Curran stated on the radio Dublin are a professional team, professional to me is not about getting paid, it's about preparing the best you can and Dublin's teams are now prepared to a professional standard.

Enjoy your success but people are naive if they think that Dublin's success is just down to having the best players and a once in a lifetime generation.

i know plenty of wealthy out if condition people, Dublin are the best conditioned team because they are fully committed like Mayo and Kerry and Donegal . Tipp hurlers loose a match and go on the piss. Dublin players don't.

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on July 23, 2014, 03:22:46 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 23, 2014, 03:04:18 PM

Oh he's doing it for free is he? Like Michael Carruth for the hurlers? All you do is deny and point fingers elsewhere, remember when you used to deny Dubl$n got any money at all for games development?  ;D

Again another stupid point by someone who doesn't know what he's talking about

Carruth is the is the masseuse to the Dublin hurlers. Now you find me another individual on another county team in a similar position who does it for free .

INDIANA

You're out of the discussion because you've been beaten all ends up.

Kildare wasted millions on waste of time managers when you should have invested in your youth.

You've one of the largest populations in Ireland and one of the worst organised GAA counties around

Therein lies the root of your problems

And we haven't won any all Ireland yet.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: INDIANA on July 23, 2014, 04:21:27 PM

You're out of the discussion because you've been beaten all ends up.

Kildare wasted millions on waste of time managers when you should have invested in your youth.

You've one of the largest populations in Ireland and one of the worst organised GAA counties around

Therein lies the root of your problems

And we haven't won any all Ireland yet.

#newbridgeornowhere

Johnnybegood

Any chance Dublin win 15 all stars?

manfromdelmonte

Is it the same person responding to their own messages?

It is quite sad.

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on July 23, 2014, 04:18:24 PM
Again another stupid point by someone who doesn't know what he's talking about

Carruth is the is the masseuse to the Dublin hurlers. Now you find me another individual on another county team in a similar position who does it for free .

We're not talking about individuals here and there, some counties might have one or two costly people involved in their football or hurling squads but Dubl$n have numerous costly people involved in ALL their squads. All areas are covered, everything is provided for Dubl$n players, they barely have to wipe themselves.
This is after all the money put into development squads and facilities. We're talking millions upon millions of euro here, it's a professional set up. No county comes next nor near this level of investment. If we were to make a comparison to another sport like rugby. It would be worse than the difference between the funding for Leinster/Munster/Ulster v Connaught, it'd be more like Leinster/Munster/Ulster v a club team. It can't continue.
Peter Quinn

PaddyP73

Don't Matter is Liam O'Neill in disguise.  :)

PaddyP73

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 23, 2014, 05:01:35 PM
Is it the same person responding to their own messages?

It is quite sad.

he is billy no mates  :)