Time to Split Dublin

Started by Dont Matter, September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
42 (29%)
No
103 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 11:01:14 PM
The only thing on quicksand is Dublin playing as 1, the split is on the way.

Citation needed.

Dont Matter

Looks like the poll is telling us what we already new. The money should not have been given to Dublin and now they must suffer the consequences.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Eamonnca1

Canalman

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 11:28:24 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 11:19:31 PMSorry do you or do you not admit that your original assertion of us getting 7m of taxpayer's money was untrue.

How do you know we received 3m of Govt money. Give me proof and I'll believe you . I promise!

Where did I say the 7 million was from taxpayers money? If I did it's not what I meant. Without the backing of the government the plan couldn't have went ahead, they needed the extra funds. The deal was under negotiation for about 2 years.

It will be in government records or something, I don't know where to search for them. It was 2005 so I don't know i it was announced in the budget or where.

Hoisted on one's own petard.

Aaron Boone

I admire the spirit of Don't Matter. He is a streetfighter. 

The €7m breakdown however is all over the shop.

Dirk Diggler

Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 10:50:01 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 10:46:50 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 10:41:45 PM
Nope he's pulling them off an Examiner Article from 2004. Just google it. This is all a proposal in the article.

If anyone thinks the Govt gave Dublin GAA 3m they need to go to Portrane.

The facts of the situation are we don't receive any monies off anyone except Croke Park and the Leinster Council similar to all other counties.

I have no Emaminer article. This information was all released at the time. Bertie gave the Dubs funding and they are taking advantage of it.
This Indiana fellow was denying the existence of the 7 million earlier, now that he can't deny that anymore he is trying to say most of the money came from themselves and the Leinster council. He will come up with a new story once he can't repeat those lies.

There is no fudging the issue from me.

You started off the thread by saying we got 7m from the Govt. That now has been conclusively proven to be a lie.

You then started saying that the DCB got a free handout with no contribution from the DCB or their clubs. That has also been proven to be untrue.

You've now had to climb down and admit that we got the alleged money from 3 different sources. One of whom was the DCB!

All I'm saying is we didn't get 3M off the Govt. Any funding we receive is in line with GAA Protocol the same as any other county.

So you're on quicksand at this stage.

Hang on a second, what exactly have your angry denials  "proven " ?

Now I don't want Dublin to be split, every county has an identity and any subdivision of Dublin  would be an artifice and a disaster which I don't want to ever see. But I do want to know more about the taxpayers money going to  Dublin GAA at the behest of traitor criminal Dublin scum like Bertie Ahern.

Have you an answer , not just an angry denial,   about the money going to Dublin GAA from the Irish Sports Council which was the basis of this article (which I have helpfully included a link to for you to read)? Please note that the Irish Sports Council is a body entirely funded by the taxpayer and the article relates to the €6m that Dublin GAA  had received by 2011. 

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/dublin-answer-6m-question-26759948.html

johnneycool

How much government funding did Clare get for their development plans in the hurling?

Surely their strength at underage and now senior must have cost a packet as you can't do that with just good planning a prudent use of resources?

Johnnybegood

The creator of this thread claims Dublin have an advantage due to money invested in the county in comparison to other counties yet when he is asked about funding for other counties he cannot or will not provide information which proves he is on a small minded bigoted anti Dublin crusade.

The Hill is Blue

Stop giving oxygen to this guy.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Drummerboy

Firstly I don't believe in splitting Dublin.

But if the plan is to get everybody on an even footing what would people think of this

Dublin North
Dublin South
Meath/Louth
Offaly/Laois
Longford/Westmeath
Kildare/Wicklow
Wexford/Carlow/Kilkenny/Waterford
Cork
Kerry
Limerick/Tipperary
Mayo
Galway
Sligo/Leitrim
Roscommon/Fermanagh
Antrim/Down
Donegal
Derry/Armagh
Tyrone
Cavan/Monaghan

I know how most of you will feel about the thought of your county amalgamating with another county, well thats how people from Dublin would think of a split.

deiseach

Quote from: Drummerboy on September 27, 2013, 03:09:43 PM
I know how most of you will feel about the thought of your county amalgamating with another county, well thats how people from Dublin would think of a split.

Touché

armaghniac

The question of amalgamation is a different issue. I suspect either amalgamation or some sort of second tier is needed.

However, can the anti-splitists please address the point I made above. If an area become more populous then a region formerely served by one club can come to be served by two (or more), how is this OK and splitting a county not OK? Is a club less important than a county?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Drummerboy

Quote from: armaghniac on September 27, 2013, 03:18:26 PM
The question of amalgamation is a different issue. I suspect either amalgamation or some sort of second tier is needed.

However, can the anti-splitists please address the point I made above. If an area become more populous then a region formerely served by one club can come to be served by two (or more), how is this OK and splitting a county not OK? Is a club less important than a county?

Your theory doesn't stand up. Clubs are there for enable the local population enjoy the GAA.  County teams are representative teams, nothing else as they only cater for elite players. The fact is that Dublin could probably field 2 teams capable of winning the AI, but the people in Dublin GAA would have no interest in supporting them. I don't see how amalgamation is a different issue. The reason you want Dublin to split is that you perceive they have an unfair advantage. Well amalgamating smaller counties would give them a better selection to pick from. Whats the difference. Oh wait, you don't want to break with tradition, well neither do Dublin.

deiseach

Quote from: armaghniac on September 27, 2013, 03:18:26 PM

Bit of a loaded question there. Why should being in favour of splitting clubs but not in favour of splitting counties imply that you think the the latter are more important than the former?

rodney trotter

Quote from: Drummerboy on September 27, 2013, 03:09:43 PM
Firstly I don't believe in splitting Dublin.

But if the plan is to get everybody on an even footing what would people think of this

Dublin North
Dublin South
Meath/Louth
Offaly/Laois
Longford/Westmeath
Kildare/Wicklow
Wexford/Carlow/Kilkenny/Waterford
Cork
Kerry
Limerick/Tipperary
Mayo
Galway
Sligo/Leitrim
Roscommon/Fermanagh
Antrim/Down
Donegal
Derry/Armagh
Tyrone
Cavan/Monaghan

There is no border between Derry/Armagh or Fermangh/Roscommon.