Ashers cake controversy.

Started by T Fearon, November 07, 2014, 06:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Anyone else think this is totally moronic,dragging this Belfast bakery company through the courts for "discrimination " on account of its refusal to ice a logo of support on a cake in support of gay marriage?

east down gael

Crazy stuff altogether.bit of common sense wouldn't go amiss.

armaghniac

One wonders if they will be equally proactive against organisations trying to coerce their employees to wear poppies.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

That business should be entitled to refuse the bumbashers request.

orangeman

If someone came into the bakery and asked them to bake a cake glorifying Islamic State or AL Qaeda, would some govt body take this on ?.

Completely OTT.

Puckoon

Did you just compare homosexuality to terrorism?

Olly

Quote from: orangeman on November 07, 2014, 11:10:34 PM
If someone came into the bakery and asked them to bake a cake glorifying Islamic State or AL Qaeda, would some govt body take this on ?.

Completely OTT.

You should get a job in the media for the crack.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

trasna man

Quote from: BennyCake on November 07, 2014, 09:42:25 PM
the boys should have told them to
SHOVE IT UP THEIR HOLES
i'll get my coat

orangeman

Quote from: Olly on November 08, 2014, 12:10:07 AM

Completely OTT.

My point, although not well made, is who or what decides what is acceptable or unacceptable behaviour ?.

seafoid

Quote from: orangeman on November 08, 2014, 12:18:28 AM
Quote from: Olly on November 08, 2014, 12:10:07 AM

Completely OTT.

My point, although not well made, is who or what decides what is acceptable or unacceptable behaviour ?.
In the south it's Joe Duffy
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Puckoon

omaghjoe

What if they refused to make a cake that said:

"Have a bet..you might double it or more!"

"Nuclear energy is clean energy"

"Wind turbines embellish the landscape"

"A few pints will do no harm"

orangeman

Quote from: Puckoon on November 08, 2014, 12:29:10 AM
Well law, for one.

Fair enough.

Is there a law in UK / USA for example that would prevent businesses making products that support terrorist organisations ?.

Where would this end and who arbitrates ?.

Gaa managers saying things after a match or on Twitter is now a potential infraction. Who decides ?.

Sidney

Quote from: BennyCake on November 07, 2014, 09:42:25 PM
It was a priest that wanted the cake? Good to hear about somebody in the Catholic Church with tolerant views for a change.

T Fearon

It seems to me this bakery was deliberately chosen by one of the gay men concerned in the full prior knowledge that it wouldn't comply with his request.That is the greatest travesty of justice,deliberate targeting of Christian businesses to see if they will act contrary to their beliefs.

It could all backfire if the court decides that Christian businesses have a right to uphold their beliefs in the world of commerce.