The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: MoChara on March 28, 2018, 02:39:35 PM
There's an 'I Believe Her' rally being held at the The Spire on O'Connells street tomorrow if any one fancies it.... and I'm not joking

Ah here.

Minder

There's an 'I Believe Her' rally being held at the The Spire on O'Connells street tomorrow if any one fancies it.... and I'm not joking

There will probably be a Go Fund me page set up for the IP
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

omagh_gael

Quote from: Minder on March 28, 2018, 02:49:16 PM

Where do you think Syf is now?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: yellowcard on March 28, 2018, 02:42:26 PM
A dilemna for Ulster rugby, how long have Jackson and Olding got left on their contracts?

I think a parting of the ways via mutual consent would suit all parties here. I'd heard a few weeks ago that Jackson had an offer of a €600k contract awaiting to play in France.

I'm still thinking with the season over, time will pass - a new coach will come in and might have his own demands etc....there's a chance they could be togging out for Ulster come first game next season tbh.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 28, 2018, 02:53:21 PM

Where do you think Syf is now?

Setting up a soup kitchen just down side street to the spire there, probably by Subway.

Minder

Think I saw there one in Belfast too
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Mourne Red

Gary Walsh of Laois will have landed himself in some bother with his tweet today hopefully

Milltown Row2

I think the fireside lawyers have done rightly!!

Can we have the next case to decide please?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

I note a wide difference in tone between the statements from Jackson's and Olding's legal teams.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Mourne Red on March 28, 2018, 03:06:28 PM
Gary Walsh of Laois will have landed himself in some bother with his tweet today hopefully
Aye what a tool. He'll be torn to shreds.

sid waddell

Quote from: Taylor on March 28, 2018, 02:23:54 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 28, 2018, 02:19:26 PM
Quote from: TabClear on March 28, 2018, 02:12:18 PM

As has been mentioned above there is the possibility that (barring inconsistencies related to either trauma or alcohol) that nobody is lying here. i.e. She did not consent and "froze" but the guys had no reason to think that she was not consenting or had withdrawn consent.

Given the massive inconsistencies between the defendants accounts', at least some of the defendants were lying. It is impossible that they were not, because their accounts directly contradict each other.

Jackson's and McIlroy's accounts of the time McIlroy entered the room, for instance, directly contradict each other. McIlroy claimed he recieved oral sex from the woman and was talking to Jackson as this happened. Jackson said "that didn't happen", that McIlroy never even entered the room. One of them has to be lying.

The accounts of how the complainant left the house were all over the place - the accounts of Jackson, McIlroy and Harrison all contradicted each other. At least two of them had to be lying.

As do many parts of the womans evidence contradict previous statements etc she made

Name them.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Mourne Red on March 28, 2018, 03:06:28 PM

Your man could be doing without twitter....not his first indiscretion.

Tony Baloney

Will we shut her down at 200 pages?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 28, 2018, 03:13:27 PM
Will we shut her down at 200 pages?

and re open a new one for the civil case?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 28, 2018, 02:53:44 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 28, 2018, 02:42:26 PM
A dilemna for Ulster rugby, how long have Jackson and Olding got left on their contracts?

I think a parting of the ways via mutual consent would suit all parties here. I'd heard a few weeks ago that Jackson had an offer of a €600k contract awaiting to play in France.

I'm still thinking with the season over, time will pass - a new coach will come in and might have his own demands etc....there's a chance they could be togging out for Ulster come first game next season tbh.

Think there's very little chance of that happening.