The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: Hound on March 27, 2018, 06:12:10 PM
The judge said that if the complainant lied to the doctor, then the lads should walk free. The lie or mistake was that she said to the doctor that she had been vaginally raped by two people, when in actual fact (and agreed by all parties now) Olding did not have vaginal sex with her.

That's not what the judge said at all ffs. She said not to rely on it unless there was other evidence, which is up to them to decide.

Ffs, the shite people come out with on here, "the judge said the lads should walk free". Utter horseshit.

Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 06:06:47 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 05:53:49 PM
Quote from: AQMP on March 27, 2018, 05:47:51 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 05:38:56 PM
A large glass and half of wine and three double vodkas over the course of a night out would be pretty tame by student standards.

Maybe.  It was in my day.  Just saying we (on the board) can't second guess her tolerance to alcohol.

Absolutely not, just making the observation. If I was on a jury and heard that that was the total consumption over a night out consisting of pre-drinks, a nightclub and a house party afterwards I'd be raising my eyebrows.

Most of the women I knew in college didn't drink heavily. A couple glasses of wine and an alchopop or two and they were done.

You evidently haven't had much social interaction with women.

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 06:41:58 PM
The judge said that if the complainant lied to the doctor, then the lads should walk free. The lie or mistake was that she said to the doctor that she had been vaginally raped by two people, when in actual fact (and agreed by all parties now) Olding did not have vaginal sex with her.

That's not what the judge said at all ffs. She said not to rely on it unless there was other evidence, which is up to them to decide.

Ffs, the shite people come out with on here, "the judge said the lads should walk free". Utter horseshit.

A large glass and half of wine and three double vodkas over the course of a night out would be pretty tame by student standards.

Maybe.  It was in my day.  Just saying we (on the board) can't second guess her tolerance to alcohol.

Absolutely not, just making the observation. If I was on a jury and heard that that was the total consumption over a night out consisting of pre-drinks, a nightclub and a house party afterwards I'd be raising my eyebrows.

Most of the women I knew in college didn't drink heavily. A couple glasses of wine and an alchopop or two and they were done.

Or more likely you're just as guilty of stereotyping as everyone else. Yikes.

A bunch of you here seem fascinated with what young people get up to without really having much of a clue about what it's really like.

AQMP

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 27, 2018, 05:48:48 PM
Jury have asked the judge 3 questions. These will be dealt with when the trial resumes in the morning.

One is the query over Uber access on the complainant's phone.

One is Harrison's witness statement from 30 June.

The third??..or are there two questions in one of the above??

bennydorano

Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 07:05:41 PM

A bunch of you here seem fascinated with what young people get up to without really having much of a clue about what it's really like.
Gold

Therealdonald

Most of the women I knew in college didn't drink heavily. A couple glasses of wine and an alchopop or two and they were done. Same as most lads, they knew their limits. For all this talk of students binge drinking the fact is the vast majority don't drink themselves into a coma and at least stop before they get to a point where they can't find their way home.

Syferus I'm not sure what the alcohol tolerance of the women in the Chess club were, but I can only discuss my time in Belfast. Boys and girls both binge drank. On any night the women had as much drink as the men. Where it differed was the boys headed to for the cure the next morning whilst the women headed to class.

Syferus

Quote from: bennydorano on March 27, 2018, 07:30:13 PM

Gold

If only you weren't as fast to run away from the Russia thread.

gallsman

You're the one who clearly doesn't have the clue here. Did you not go to college in the US? If so, given that I'm from Belfast and went to college in Ireland, I'd wager I have considerably more insight into the drinking habits of these particular young people than you.

If you're trying to suggest that, by extension, a couple of glasses of wine and an alcopop or two would be the average consumption of a young lady on a night out, you're not just being disingenuous, you're flat out lying.

I know, I'm as shocked as everyone else.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 08:31:32 PM

You're the one who clearly doesn't have the clue here. Did you not go to college in the US? If so, given that I'm from Belfast and went to college in Ireland, I'd wager I have considerably more insight into the drinking habits of these particular young people than you.

If you're trying to suggest that, by extension, a couple of glasses of wine and an alcopop or two would be the average consumption of a young lady on a night out, you're not just being disingenuous, you're flat out lying.

The kids nowadays would have at the very least what she had, before they left the house!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 08:31:32 PM

Where the actual fûck did you get the bright idea I went to college in the US?

If you think the majority of women or even lads constantly drink themselves into the ground in college you're playing into as many stereotypes as anyone else here. Every night out isn't a competition to drink the most either, so it depends on a lot of different circumstances. What you seem to have in your head is the fresher dropouts who go out nearly nightly for the first six months and no one hears from again. Even considering them students is a push, but they still would be in the minority. To actually successfully complete a four year degree you happen to require some level of self control.

Depending on the height and build of a woman, two full glasses of wine and a few double vodkas could have them fairly fucked in the first place. Likewise I know women who would take that amount of alcohol in their strides. It depends entirely on the person, but women physically cannot tolerate as much as lads on average simply because of basic biology.

If all or most the women and lads you know drink themselves into the ground constantly I would say you should be reassessing who you keep company with rather than giving advice here.

Aughafad

A lot of people on here are belaying their ages if they think the majority of students arrn't Binge drinking before going out for the night.

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 08:40:17 PM
If all or most the women and lads you know drink themselves into the ground constantly I would say you should be reassessing who you keep company with rather than giving advice here.

Incredible stuff. This is the best laugh you've given me yet.

Syferus

Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 08:50:51 PM

The truth hurts, I guess.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 08:52:18 PM

No harm to you Syferus but you come across like a boring Cnut
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Therealdonald on March 27, 2018, 07:41:17 PM

Most of the women I knew in college didn't drink heavily. A couple glasses of wine and an alchopop or two and they were done. Same as most lads, they knew their limits. For all this talk of students binge drinking the fact is the vast majority don't drink themselves into a coma and at least stop before they get to a point where they can't find their way home.

Syferus I'm not sure what the alcohol tolerance of the women in the Chess club were, but I can only discuss my time in Belfast. Boys and girls both binge drank. On any night the women had as much drink as the men. Where it differed was the boys headed to for the cure the next morning whilst the women headed to class.
Bang on.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 27, 2018, 08:59:09 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 08:52:18 PM

No harm to you Syferus but you come across like a boring Cnut

What he said ^^^^^^^^