The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Given the week we're in, if this does drag out towards the weekend, what happens? Doesn't the court term officially end tomorrow?

RedHand88

Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 01:20:57 PM
Given the week we're in, if this does drag out towards the weekend, what happens? Doesn't the court term officially end tomorrow?
Thursday. In which case they don't come back to next Wednesday!

nrico2006

If Jackson is innocent, will he play for Ulster again?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Walter Cronc

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 27, 2018, 01:32:52 PM

I'd say at the start of the season his Ulster career was over. However given that Ulster are shocking and not exactly in a position to turn players down he might be back. I had heard rumours that Henderson wasnt resigning unless he was given assurances that he'd be welcomed back (if innocent).

Tricky one for Ulster to be fair. He might want to get away to France or somewhere mind you.

Syferus

Not guilty in a criminal court != innocent.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 27, 2018, 01:36:33 PM

I'd say at the start of the season his Ulster career was over. However given that Ulster are shocking and not exactly in a position to turn players down he might be back. I had heard rumours that Henderson wasnt resigning unless he was given assurances that he'd be welcomed back (if innocent).

Tricky one for Ulster to be fair. He want want to get away to France or somewhere mind you.

Was informed very reliably before the trial neither would play for Ulster again.

If innocent/acquitted, legally, it's a minefield for Ulster - lest we forget Olding and Jackson are damn good players to boot. As mentioned Ulster are a mess....and the old, everyone deserves second chances.....

In my mind they'll not go down. Which means, they are innocent - the verdict is coming at a good time, the season is over. I can see them being reintegrated.

AQMP

Tricky one for Ulster to be fair. He might want to get away to France or somewhere mind you.

I think if I were the marketing manager of Kingspan or Kukri I wouldn't want a top shagging spit roasting heavy drinker running around with my company's name across his chest.

Taylor

Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 01:37:27 PM

Not guilty in a criminal court != innocent.

Correct and right Syf.
And if found innocent they should be allowed to get on with their lives and not castigated at every turnaround

Syferus

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 27, 2018, 01:40:21 PM

Tricky one for Ulster to be fair. He want want to get away to France or somewhere mind you.

Was informed very reliably before the trial neither would play for Ulster again.

If innocent/acquitted, legally, it's a minefield for Ulster - lest we forget Olding and Jackson are damn good players to boot. As mentioned Ulster are a mess....and the old, everyone deserves second chances.....

In my mind they'll not go down. Which means, they are innocent - the verdict is coming at a good time, the season is over. I can see them being reintegrated.

Neither were particularly exceptional players even at their best. The are not in the tier of players that the IRFU would even consider being worth the hassle of the deservedly bad press they would receive.

Rois

Quote from: AQMP on March 27, 2018, 01:45:33 PM

I think if I were the marketing manager of Kingspan or Kukri I wouldn't want a top shagging spit roasting heavy drinker running around with my company's name across his chest.
Not to mention one of the hundreds (thousands?) of season ticket holders who bring their children to games. 

Taylor

Quote from: Rois on March 27, 2018, 01:54:39 PM

Not to mention one of the hundreds (thousands?) of season ticket holders who bring their children to games.

Sports fans are fickle though Rois.
A bit of success and a lot of your past is forgiven

nrico2006

Would that matter though if innocent.  Ulster will want to keep a hold of one of their best players who technically has done nothing wrong.  I'm sure the majority of Ulster rugby fans will be behind Jackson too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Taylor on March 27, 2018, 01:57:49 PM

Yeah there is no way Ulster Rugby would take a significant medium to long-term hit on taking them back. The top shagger v evangelical Christian make-up of the team would be problematic but I'm sure their lifestyle choices were well known to each other.

NAG1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 27, 2018, 02:00:07 PM
Quote from: Taylor on March 27, 2018, 01:57:49 PM

Yeah there is no way Ulster Rugby would take a significant medium to long-term hit on taking them back. The top shagger v evangelical Christian make-up of the team would be problematic but I'm sure their lifestyle choices were well known to each other.

Think this myth has kind of been dispelled., was led up by the SA connection which has waned.

magpie seanie

Is a civil case a possibility?