The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Avondhu star

Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Esmarelda on March 08, 2018, 05:20:42 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 08, 2018, 04:59:44 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 08, 2018, 04:31:33 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 08, 2018, 03:57:00 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 08, 2018, 03:47:56 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 08, 2018, 03:37:05 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 08, 2018, 03:33:21 PM
I presume that the decision here is a black or white one ie. either guilty or not guilty, because all I can see here is a lot of grey areas and on that basis it is hard to make the case that they are absolutely guilty beyond reasonable doubt. But then we are only going on media reporting which can often give different impressions even on the same event from 2 different reporters. I think both parties genuinely believe that they have been wronged ( in terms of the allegations for the accused) and I have full sympathy for the woman because she is ultimately the one that has suffered the most. I do not envy the jurors in this case.

If she is infact the victim then of course she has suffered the most but that remains to be seen.

I think it's fair to say she's suffered whatever way things might pan out from here on in!

But whether she has suffered the most is another thing.

To make that leap you would have to believe that she herself is knowingly making a false allegation. From the evidence I have heard I definitely do not believe that this is the case, I think that she absolutely believes that she was gang raped here. Otherwise why would she put herself through this hell. That is completely distinct from saying that there is sufficient evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they are guilty.

I don't think she made a false allegation.

I don't think she was comfortable with the situation but went along with it out of a supposed fear of these being rugby lads and that they would overpower her if she kicked off and said no. Then afterwards it felt to her like she was raped.

At the same time I also don't think she said no at any stage and the lads were clearly blocked and thought it was consensual at the time.

Nobody is a winner there but I don't think the lads had any reason to think that this wasn't consensual and on that basis they probably get off.

All the bluster and nonsense that happened after only reinforces to me they did not think they had done anything wrong even though in the claimant's eyes they had!
So you think the complainant is lying about making it clear that it would go no further than kissing with Jackson, and that she said "please not him too" when Olding came in?

She allegedly said that when McIlroy came in not olding.  No wonder the judge mentioned about fireside lawyers
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Keyser soze

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on March 09, 2018, 07:55:00 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on March 08, 2018, 05:20:42 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 08, 2018, 04:59:44 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 08, 2018, 04:31:33 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 08, 2018, 03:57:00 PM
Quote from: screenexile on March 08, 2018, 03:47:56 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 08, 2018, 03:37:05 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 08, 2018, 03:33:21 PM
I presume that the decision here is a black or white one ie. either guilty or not guilty, because all I can see here is a lot of grey areas and on that basis it is hard to make the case that they are absolutely guilty beyond reasonable doubt. But then we are only going on media reporting which can often give different impressions even on the same event from 2 different reporters. I think both parties genuinely believe that they have been wronged ( in terms of the allegations for the accused) and I have full sympathy for the woman because she is ultimately the one that has suffered the most. I do not envy the jurors in this case.

If she is infact the victim then of course she has suffered the most but that remains to be seen.

I think it's fair to say she's suffered whatever way things might pan out from here on in!

But whether she has suffered the most is another thing.

To make that leap you would have to believe that she herself is knowingly making a false allegation. From the evidence I have heard I definitely do not believe that this is the case, I think that she absolutely believes that she was gang raped here. Otherwise why would she put herself through this hell. That is completely distinct from saying that there is sufficient evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they are guilty.

I don't think she made a false allegation.

I don't think she was comfortable with the situation but went along with it out of a supposed fear of these being rugby lads and that they would overpower her if she kicked off and said no. Then afterwards it felt to her like she was raped.

At the same time I also don't think she said no at any stage and the lads were clearly blocked and thought it was consensual at the time.

Nobody is a winner there but I don't think the lads had any reason to think that this wasn't consensual and on that basis they probably get off.

All the bluster and nonsense that happened after only reinforces to me they did not think they had done anything wrong even though in the claimant's eyes they had!
So you think the complainant is lying about making it clear that it would go no further than kissing with Jackson, and that she said "please not him too" when Olding came in?

She allegedly said that when McIlroy came in not olding.  No wonder the judge mentioned about fireside lawyers

Think u have got this wrong Frank, she said this when Olding came in.

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 08, 2018, 11:44:28 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 08, 2018, 07:42:32 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 08, 2018, 03:27:00 PM
What is Olding charged with?
Do you not know?
Seriously?!

I'm surprised that, given your "contributions" to the 130 odd pages of this thread, you don't have a clue what charge the defendants are facing.

magpie seanie

Quote from: gallsman on March 09, 2018, 08:09:31 AM
Do you not know?
Seriously?!

I'm surprised that, given your "contributions" to the 130 odd pages of this thread, you don't have a clue what charge the defendants are facing.

Nuts.

AQMP

According to RTE News McIlroy wil give evidence today.

nrico2006

Do you not know?
Seriously?!

There are/were several charges against some of the different defendants, I was simply asking what were the specific charge(s) against Olding?  Sorry if I am not permitted to ask such a question.  You really are a tool.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Not related to the case!!!

I'm sure there are lots of people on here that have been out on a night out and all their versions of the night have been different, I know I've certainly been out and its been a mad one and various parties and then wondered WTF, checked in with a few friends (before mobiles lol) and ones have said this and others have said that and some have just not remembered ..

This does not excuse being a rapist or a top shagger oif course

If going by the general posts on here and the views I'd say they will get off because there is not enough hard evidence to convict

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

magpie seanie

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 09, 2018, 08:51:07 AM
Do you not know?
Seriously?!

There are/were several charges against some of the different defendants, I was simply asking what were the specific charge(s) against Olding?  Sorry if I am not permitted to ask such a question.  You really are a tool.

I just checked and Google is working.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 09, 2018, 08:52:36 AM

I'm sure there are lots of people on here that have been out on a night out and all their versions of the night have been different, I know I've certainly been out and its been a mad one and various parties and then wondered WTF, checked in with a few friends (before mobiles lol) and ones have said this and others have said that and some have just not remembered ..

If going by the general posts on here and the views I'd say they will get off because there is not enough hard evidence to convict
+1
Hard to give credibility to anyone's testimony other than  Dara Florence and in those circumstances the jury has to acquit.

seafoid

Doesn't have to be hard to be guilty
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

magpie seanie

Quote from: seafoid on March 09, 2018, 09:26:43 AM

Doesn't have to be hard to be guilty

How is there ever convictions in rape cases?

AQMP

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 09, 2018, 09:11:45 AM

+1
Hard to give credibility to anyone's testimony other than  Dara Florence and in those circumstances the jury has to acquit.

You would hope the jury wasn't following social media after her appearance.

Also she appeared for the prosecution so if her evidence is credible then it's more likely to lead to conviction??  Did she not say that she saw Jackson having sex with the complainant, something he says didn't happen.  So if she's accurate...he's not?

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 09, 2018, 08:51:07 AM
Do you not know?
Seriously?!

Almost any report on the case, on which you're so opinionated, specifies each of the charges against each of the defendants.

You're a spoofer of the highest order. Twat.