The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

These guys are gonna walk.....

screenexile

From the sounds of things he seemed composed enough.

The McIlroy thing is weird though. I mean if they were all supposed to have concocted a story to save themselves surely they would at least be consistent!!

AQMP

Prosecution is finished with Jackson and the defence QC is back on his feet.

With the usual caveats it doesn't sound like there was a knock out blow on Jackson.  The fact that he defines a spit roast different from everyone else is a bit awkward, as he denies penile penetration of the complainant.  Also he says that whatever made the complainant upset happened after she left his house...sounds a bit weak

screenexile

Character witness??!!!

Jesus who could this be if it's any of the Irish lads good luck to them . . . they just about got away with it last time but they'll be crucified this time!!!

AQMP

Quote from: screenexile on March 07, 2018, 03:25:07 PM
Character witness??!!!

Jesus who could this be if it's any of the Irish lads good luck to them . . . they just about got away with it last time but they'll be crucified this time!!!

Who would be stupid enough to get involved in this trial???

gallsman

Quote from: AQMP on March 07, 2018, 03:24:20 PM

With the usual caveats it doesn't sound like there was a knock out blow on Jackson.  The fact that he defines a spit roast different from everyone else is a bit awkward, as he denies penile penetration of the complainant.  Also he says that whatever made the complainant upset happened after she left his house...sounds a bit weak

The spit roast explanation a bit weak but needed to be done as an obvious gap between claiming there was no sex and the chat about it in what's app. Surprised he wasn't pushed more on it.

Esmarelda

Did Jackson actually send a message saying that spit-roasting went on?

tintin25

It's all over the place, though based on what I've seen so far I think Jackson is the one in bother, with Olding the one walking.

Syferus

By "bit awkward" it means the jury either really believe he defined it differently to everyone else (and is aware of this fact) or thinks he is lying and covering up something. And what would he be covering up? If the jury don't believe him on that the whole house of cards starts to fall around him.

AQMP

Quote from: gallsman on March 07, 2018, 03:28:45 PM

The spit roast explanation a bit weak but needed to be done as an obvious gap between claiming there was no sex and the chat about it in what's app. Surprised he wasn't pushed more on it.

I meant to add even though McIlroy and Harrison had been texting each other about the complainant being hysterical, Jackson claims they didn't mention that to him and it wasn't discussed at lunch at all.  Doesn't ring true to me.

AQMP

Quote from: Syferus on March 07, 2018, 03:32:12 PM

By "bit awkward" it means the jury either really believe he defined it differently to everyone else (and is aware of this fact) or thinks he is lying and covering up something. And what would he be covering up? If the jury don't believe him on that the whole house of cards starts to fall around him.

Any male I've ever known would define spit roasting the same way as everyone else...bar Jackson ???

magpie seanie

I think they're all just trying to create confusion.

As for the definition of spit-roast......such codswallop.

nrico2006

Quote from: tintin25 on March 07, 2018, 03:30:06 PM
It's all over the place, though based on what I've seen so far I think Jackson is the one in bother, with Olding the one walking.

How could Olding walk if Jackson doesn't?  Never heard of the term spit roasting until about 7 years ago myself and I didn't lead a sheltered life, therefore not knowing exactly what it means isn't a crime.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 07, 2018, 03:45:44 PM

How could Olding walk if Jackson doesn't?  Never heard of the term spit roasting until about 7 years ago myself and I didn't lead a sheltered life, therefore not knowing exactly what it means isn't a crime.

He does know the term. It's just his definition differs from all his mates and everyone else in the whole world. Nothing odd about that is there?

Esmarelda

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 07, 2018, 03:47:39 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on March 07, 2018, 03:45:44 PM

He does know the term. It's just his definition differs from all his mates and everyone else in the whole world. Nothing odd about that is there?
But did Jackson use the term himself or was it just the others?