The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: Ty4Sam on March 07, 2018, 10:38:23 AM
This thread is about to explode!! Paddy Jackson taking the stand.

Jesus, cue about 30 pages today alone!

Milltown Row2

So either the defence was confident of Paddy Jackson's story or they believe he's in trouble and he's up to defend himself!

Seen a horse and cart charging towards the court there, Syferus with a banner!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

"When asked about his hobbies, he says that he likes to spend time with his family, friends and dog.  He likes to watch films, draw sketches of superheroes and to paint.  He says he likes to rap"

Prosecution:  "You didn't mention spit roasting and heavy drinking there, Jacko??"

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: Avondhu star on March 07, 2018, 10:43:21 AM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on March 07, 2018, 10:39:55 AM
Quote from: Ty4Sam on March 07, 2018, 10:38:23 AM
This thread is about to explode!! Paddy Jackson taking the stand.

If the prosecution have closed their case, can they still cross-examine him?

/Jim.

FFS! Have you any idea at all how the system works?

I used to watch Matlock and saw My cousin Vinny years ago.  To be frank it's all a little sketchy.

/Jim.

angermanagement

Frank Greaney

Verified account

@FrankGreaney
Follow Follow @FrankGreaney
More
When asked about his hobbies, he says he likes to spend time with family and friends and his dog. He says he likes watching films, drawing sketches of superheroes and painting. He says he also likes to rap.

He sounds good craic for a 26 year old.

Not sure if Frank has left an e out at the end of rap.

quit yo jibbajabba

"i enjoy a good roast on a sunday"

Asal Mor

Quote from: angermanagement on March 07, 2018, 11:16:50 AM
Frank Greaney

Verified account

@FrankGreaney
Follow Follow @FrankGreaney
More
When asked about his hobbies, he says he likes to spend time with family and friends and his dog. He says he likes watching films, drawing sketches of superheroes and painting. He says he also likes to rap.

He sounds good craic for a 26 year old.

Not sure if Frank has left an e out at the end of rap.
:)

Ty4Sam

Rosanna Cooney
‏ @RosannaCooney

Jackson says of the complaint's allegation that he tried to insert his entire fist inside of her that he "would never even think of doing something like that and it's horrible".

I wasn't aware that the complainant had made this allegation, was this reported?

sid waddell

Quote from: Ty4Sam on March 07, 2018, 12:05:29 PM
Rosanna Cooney
‏ @RosannaCooney

Jackson says of the complaint's allegation that he tried to insert his entire fist inside of her that he "would never even think of doing something like that and it's horrible".

I wasn't aware that the complainant had made this allegation, was this reported?
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/graphic-description-of-alleged-rape-by-rugby-players-heard-in-court-1.3373702

Ty4Sam

Cheers Sid, hadn't seen that.

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on March 07, 2018, 12:15:44 PM
Quote from: Ty4Sam on March 07, 2018, 12:05:29 PM
Rosanna Cooney
‏ @RosannaCooney

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/graphic-description-of-alleged-rape-by-rugby-players-heard-in-court-1.3373702
Jackson has had a few "wouldn't do that"'s and "would never do that" but there may be a disconnect between how he thinks of himself and how he acts.

AQMP

Jackson's questioning by defence barrister Brendan Kelly (who's actually English) has finished.  Do the other defence barristers get a go at questioning him (say if he had dropped one of their clients in it) or is it the prosecution now?

Sweeper 123

or just maybe he did nothing wrong and he just wants to tell what actually happened....

Hound

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on March 07, 2018, 01:39:39 PM
or just maybe he did nothing wrong and he just wants to tell what actually happened....
I think he had to take the stand because of the discrepancy between his police statement and what the witness saw. Without any explanation, the assumption would be he's lying. Now he'll put his story across and it'll be up to the jury to see who they think is mistaken or lying.

I'd imagine he'd come across reasonably well during defence questioning. But will be interesting to see how he copes with harder questions from the prosecution.

The @RosannaCooney twitter summary is much more comprehensive than Frank Greaney.

Syferus

Quote from: Sweeper 123 on March 07, 2018, 01:39:39 PM

How you could think nothing happened at this stage beggars belief.