The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: seafoid on March 04, 2018, 07:53:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 04, 2018, 07:41:49 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 04, 2018, 07:32:24 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on March 04, 2018, 06:59:16 PM
I came to the opposite conclusion myself.
The victim's behaviour is completely that of a victim and while there isn't a whole lot of insight into the Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding's thought process in the aftermath there does seem to be a clean up centred around Harrison. McIlroy shows himself to be a clown and a sc**bag whether guilty or not.
I was thinking the same. Immature and no respect for women. Arrogant as well.
The deleted texts.  They contradict each other in places.  A poor cover-up.

Surely only a cover up if found guilty? Or have you Judge it already?
I have been following it and I think they are guilty.
This is a really sensitive case given the prosecution QC had to be flown over from London. Presumaby it wouldn't go down well on the Short Strand and othet mythologies if a local was responsible for sending the boys to jail

You can be pretty sure not many folk from the short strand will care either way. It's hardly an Ulster rugby stronghold or am I missing something in your post?

seafoid

Quote from: trileacman on March 05, 2018, 01:48:49 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 04, 2018, 06:50:00 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on March 04, 2018, 06:31:31 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on March 04, 2018, 12:19:39 PM
https://www.joe.ie/amp/life-style/anatomy-of-a-night-out-read-the-whatsapp-and-text-messages-sent-by-jackson-olding-mciiroy-harrison-and-others-as-heard-by-the-jury-618032?__twitter_impression=true

Excellent stuff from joe.ie.
Reading the flow of messages I'm even more convinced they didn't rape her.

I'd believe so too. Some strange behaviour on her part. "Lol", "got raped, brilliant night". Whilst you can make an argument in favour of her non-resistance as a manifestation of the horror she was enduring, I'm just not sure how you can present sarcasm as a typical response to a rape event.
How do you know it isn't? The psychological aspects of being raped might explain a lot of the inconsistencies
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on March 05, 2018, 07:57:23 AM
https://www.joe.ie/amp/life-style/anatomy-of-a-night-out-read-the-whatsapp-and-text-messages-sent-by-jackson-olding-mciiroy-harrison-and-others-as-heard-by-the-jury-618032?__twitter_impression=true

I'd believe so too. Some strange behaviour on her part. "Lol", "got raped, brilliant night". Whilst you can make an argument in favour of her non-resistance as a manifestation of the horror she was enduring, I'm just not sure how you can present sarcasm as a typical response to a rape event.
How do you know it isn't? The psychological aspects of being raped might explain a lot of the inconsistencies

Just use that line every time and we'll save the tax payer a fortune
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 05, 2018, 08:04:11 AM

Was waiting for the psychological line myself.  I imagine if she came out and claimed she wasn't raped that someone here would say she was and that psychological research would back this up.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Asal Mor

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 05, 2018, 08:13:39 AM

Was waiting for the psychological line myself. I imagine if she came out and claimed she wasn't raped that someone here would say she was and that psychological research would back this up.
This is true.

Asal Mor

She sounds pissed off but not traumatised and certainly not traumatised enough to forget to mention that another girl walked in to the middle of the alleged rape, when being interviewed by police.

AQMP

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 05, 2018, 08:13:39 AM

Was waiting for the psychological line myself. I imagine if she came out and claimed she wasn't raped that someone here would say she was and that psychological research would back this up.

Yeah, and others would be in the public gallery gloating during her perjury trial.  To be fair to the alleged victim, she's been consistent in her assertion that she was raped that night including during her 5 or 6 days on the witness stand.

Asal Mor

The lads have been consistent in their assertion that they didn't. It's the inconsistencies/lies in the detailsthat are important.

AQMP

Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 09:53:23 AM
The lads have been consistent in their assertion that they didn't. It's the inconsistencies/lies in the detailsthat are important.

The "lads" haven't told the jury anything.

FermGael

And from what I am see they don't be.
They won't take the stand.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Esmarelda

Reporter on Newstalk this morning felt there was a good chance they would take the stand.

AQMP

Quote from: Esmarelda on March 05, 2018, 10:09:48 AM
Reporter on Newstalk this morning felt there was a good chance they would take the stand.

Difficult to say from where we are.  Obviously the legal teams will have a good feel about how the case is playing out inside the court.  There are arguments in favour of giving evidence or not but not taking the stand seems to be the high risk/high reward option.

AZOffaly

Quote from: AQMP on March 05, 2018, 10:13:34 AM

Difficult to say from where we are.  Obviously the legal teams will have a good feel about how the case is playing out inside the court.  There are arguments in favour of giving evidence or not but not taking the stand seems to be the high risk/high reward one
They can call other witnesses too. I'd imagine at that stage they'll try to read where they are and if they think they are winning, they won't go up.

AQMP

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 05, 2018, 10:15:21 AM
Quote from: AQMP on March 05, 2018, 10:13:34 AM

Difficult to say from where we are.  Obviously the legal teams will have a good feel about how the case is playing out inside the court.  There are arguments in favour of giving evidence or not but not taking the stand seems to be the high risk/high reward one
They can call other witnesses too. I'd imagine at that stage they'll try to read where they are and if they think they are winning, they won't go up.

I read over the weekend that they can call character witnesses at this stage?  Cue Rory Best??

Asal Mor

Quote from: AQMP on March 05, 2018, 09:55:45 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on March 05, 2018, 09:53:23 AM

The "lads" haven't told the jury anything.
They are denying the charges though.

If they do take the stand, I'd doubt you'll be giving them credit for being consistent in their denial.