Gaelic Football RIP

Started by High Fielder, July 21, 2018, 06:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jayop on August 12, 2018, 12:03:05 AM
Or, and hear me out here... People could stop pissing their panties about Dublin and realise that this won't last forever. Sure they have inbuilt advantages and will probably win the majority of all Irelands but other strong teams will come that will break the monopoly. Splitting Dublin in two means you'll just have two Dublin teams to dominate the game.

Go back to bed and put your nappy on before you do! We have a Celtic of Scottish football problem here. No one is going to get close. No one. This is not the old inter county football. This is professional.

sid waddell

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 12, 2018, 12:10:05 AM
Or, and hear me out here... People could stop pissing their panties about Dublin and realise that this won't last forever. Sure they have inbuilt advantages and will probably win the majority of all Irelands but other strong teams will come that will break the monopoly. Splitting Dublin in two means you'll just have two Dublin teams to dominate the game.

Go back to bed and put your nappy on before you do! We have a Celtic of Scottish football problem here. No one is going to get close. No one. This is not the old inter county football. This is professional.
Em, Rangers?

So, I guess the question is: which Gaelic football team can be Rangers?

From the Bunker

Quote from: sid waddell on August 12, 2018, 12:20:06 AM

Em, Rangers?

So, I guess the question is: which Gaelic football team can be Rangers?

The other half of Dublin when they spit it!

Rossfan

Quote from: Aaron Boone on August 11, 2018, 11:56:22 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 11, 2018, 11:53:35 PM
When they do the 8 in a row with 30k at their Semi final and about 10k at the other one........then the 2023 Congress might be interesting
Monaghan have beaten them already this year. They will have no fear.
Would that have been in th'oul League? ;)
Oh by the way who actually won th'oul  League?  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orchard park

It says loads that we will end up with neutrals wishing for a Kerry revival to put competitiveness into next  years championship

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Gold

Was awful today

The ref gave the Dubs everything too...as he did when they played Longford. Awful
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Gold on August 12, 2018, 01:02:21 AM
Was awful today

The ref gave the Dubs everything too...as he did when they played Longford. Awful

I don't know about that, Galway got a few soft frees in the first half which kept them in it. Dublin got a couple in the second half. He ignored a lot of blocking off the ball by both teams, if done by the rules there would have been a few black cards.

Jayop

Quote from: Gold on August 12, 2018, 01:02:21 AM
Was awful today

Nonsense. I actually had a WhatsApp convo with my dub brother in law saying an Ulster team wouldn't get half what Galway got today.

Jayop

f**k me man chat about nappys. Ye had the better of them loads of times recently but shit the togs when it mattered. And tbh ye weren't great apart from the games against them. 2016 we should have beat ye and ye should have beat them.

Tyrone are an average good team and we hand out hidings regularly. Stop panicking every time the best team in the country do the same. They will be beat.

irish345

Splitting dublin in two is the worse idea ever shall we split new zealand in two in rugby or usa in two in basketball dont think so.

people need to stop acting snowflakes cause there team cant win an all ireland

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Jayop on August 12, 2018, 01:58:01 AM

f**k me man chat about nappys. Ye had the better of them loads of times recently but shit the togs when it mattered. And tbh ye weren't great apart from the games against them. 2016 we should have beat ye and ye should have beat them.

Tyrone are an average good team and we hand out hidings regularly. Stop panicking every time the best team in the country do the same. They will be beat.

I would agree with this.
A lot of money/resources has been pumped into Dublin hurling, yet they can't make an overnight success of themselves.
Kerry, Meath, Galway and Monaghan are the minor teams in the AISF lineup.
Kildare won the U20s.

This Dublin team has now got into a habit of winning and is a once in a generation team/management. Galway had their chances yesterday, like many teams before, didn't take them. Dublin took theirs and won.

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Zulu

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on August 12, 2018, 08:41:09 AM
Quote from: Jayop on August 12, 2018, 01:58:01 AM

Exactly, all this talk of Dublin being unbeatable yet they didn't have a team in either the U17 or U20 semi finals this year. Kerry have dominated minor for the past 4 years yet people still claim counties can't compete when they clearly have. Even at senior Mayo, in particular, but Kerry and Donegal have competed. Of course Dublin will be a serious team for many years and will dominate at times but counties with decent populations like Kerry, Mayo, Kildare and Meath etc. can and will compete. Kerry will certainly win an All Ireland in the next three years IMO.

I would agree with this.
A lot of money/resources has been pumped into Dublin hurling, yet they can't make an overnight success of themselves.
Kerry, Meath, Galway and Monaghan are the minor teams in the AISF lineup.
Kildare won the U20s.

This Dublin team has now got into a habit of winning and is a once in a generation team/management. Galway had their chances yesterday, like many teams before, didn't take them. Dublin took theirs and won.

larryin89

To those who think this dominance will one day end or its just the same as a kerry/Kilkenny type era, my question to you guys is very simple , at what point does it become a problem , five in a row, six , seven eight ??? 18 out of 20? You tell me .

They created a monster and it will eventually destroy the county game as we know it . The big fookin ejits.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

RedHand88

I'm not old enough to remember Kerry winning 7 out of 9 all Ireland's but for those who are, was there as much talk about the game being dead?