Blindboy

Started by Seany, November 10, 2018, 12:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on November 10, 2018, 08:36:58 PM
I like him at times, but there is a bit too much fawning over him in the Twitter echo chamber. Like he says what a lot of people my age think and makes some great arguments, but he is not a voice of a generation.
Although in fairness he might not have asked for that, but he is being touted as such from times. He is a very well read fella and very clever but he needs to lose the bag at some stage. He is a skilled interviewer and a great communicator but the plastic bag is a sideshow at this stage.

I quite like his reasoning for wearing the bag
http://www.dailyedge.ie/rubberbandits-explains-the-plastic-bag-3702939-Nov2017/
but maybe it's just clever promotion.

MoChara

I think the bag promotes his message because it somehow makes it seem like it's not coming from a particular person more as a common thought people have. I haven't found much to disagree with him on so far

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: balladmaker on November 10, 2018, 08:27:39 PM
I suppose you can't drink a coffee with a plastic bag over your face ...

https://goo.gl/images

Why would you post a link to a photo of a person who doesn't want his photo being made public?
Hasta la victoria siempre

Puckoon

I find the bag interesting, the podcast interesting, and the fact that I'm still subscribing to his patreon - interesting!

The bag: I get it. B list celebrity who doesn't want to be noticed.

Podcast: interesting. Some nonsense, plenty of interesting and well thought out positions.

The Patreon: I think he correlates well with many people, but he is not an expert. There are many fawning on him on Twitter (I challenged him on a topic I thought he was incorrect about), and many think he is God in relation to psychology. I think that's dangerous.

magpie seanie

Quote from: MoChara on November 11, 2018, 11:14:21 AM
I think the bag promotes his message because it somehow makes it seem like it's not coming from a particular person more as a common thought people have. I haven't found much to disagree with him on so far

That about sums it up for me. Find it hard to understand the criticism above. Like all humans, he's not perfect (and he's always the first to admit that) but if we had more people who thought like him, especially in positions of power and influence, we'd be infinitely better off. Podcast is a good listen. He's undeniably his own man and probably honest to a fault. That's a good place to start from for me.