Carrickmacross

Started by whitey, October 07, 2019, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

I see on social media that certain things are being reported about Carrickmacross. I have yet to see them mentioned in any legitimate news source.

Any locals have the scoop?

OgraAnDun

Seems like a load of alt-right bollox.

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

whitey

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 07, 2019, 06:18:30 PM
What are the rumours?

I'd rather not repeat them. Go on Twitter and search

Rossfan

Seems to be a right wing extremist Councillor called Trainor whipping up hatred.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Boycey

Brief summary of events - my take anyway

Local hotel have been hosting refugees in a rural hotel outside Carrick for at least a year probably longer.

Company organising hosting owned by Monaghan GAA manager.

These refugees have absolutely nothing to do day or night and have been congregating in Carrick and Kingscourt too I believe at all hours of the day.

Like most towns not everyone appreciates them being there.

Allegation of sexual assault on a local woman in her own home recently was the flash point for that Facebook page appearing.

I've no clue whether there was/wasn't an assault but I did see a story on local radio website that said no complaint had been made to Gardai...

People will believe what they are gonna believe both ways

Nasty

mrdeeds

I work with a few who live in locality. There has been more than one incident and they've been brushed under carpet.

Tony Baloney

Easy to blame extremists. Some border towns in the north are totally overrun with Romanians and Bulgarians and whilst the truth might not be palatable, these lads aren't working and hanging around the streets all day, so people don't feel entirely comfortable.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 07, 2019, 07:48:14 PM
Easy to blame extremists. Some border towns in the north are totally overrun with Romanians and Bulgarians and whilst the truth might not be palatable, these lads aren't working and hanging around the streets all day, so people don't feel entirely comfortable.

Funny I remeber talking to a presbyterian minister about 30 years ago he was telling me that the town he lived in in Antrim had become totally overun with Catholics and while it might no be palatble these Catholics weren't working and were just hanging around all day so people don't feel entirely confortable.

playwiththewind1st

Ah, these Johnny Come Lately Ulster Plantation Presbyterian settlers would know feck all about it, would they?

Boycey

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 07, 2019, 07:39:28 PM
I work with a few who live in locality. There has been more than one incident and they've been brushed under carpet.

Who would and why would incidents be brushed under carpet? If someone makes a complaint it has to be investigated?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Crete Boom on October 07, 2019, 07:59:14 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 07, 2019, 07:48:14 PM

Funny I remeber talking to a presbyterian minister about 30 years ago he was telling me that the town he lived in in Antrim had become totally overun with Catholics and while it might no be palatble these Catholics weren't working and were just hanging around all day so people don't feel entirely confortable.
In Antrim they're still not working.

Crete Boom

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on October 07, 2019, 08:02:31 PM
Ah, these Johnny Come Lately Ulster Plantation Presbyterian settlers would know feck all about it, would they?

Come to think of it he might have been one of those extremists we can't blame!!

Main Street

Carrick haven't won the senior championship in a 100 years. Chronic bad form, questionable dna.