Missing Plane!!

Started by EC Unique, June 01, 2009, 11:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

Quote from: muppet on March 23, 2015, 09:09:51 PM
And another one yesterday, the pilots appear to have dealt with it well though: http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/558483-iced-aoa-sensors-send-a321-into-deep-dive.html

This looks like iced up probes fooled the autopilot into thinking it was stalling. The computers took over and incorrectly put the aircraft into a descent. The pilots recognised that was not the right course of action and 'turned off the computers'. In reality it means the pilots shut down enough navigational systems (e.g. 2 out of three ADIRUs) to force the aircraft computers to hand over control to the pilots.

Yes, it is as crazy as it sounds.

Fook me. Is there anything you aren't an self-appointed expert on?

My guess would be "Girls"  ;)

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

DennistheMenace

The thing I can't really comprehend is that it's been proven that the root cause of these issues are frozen or blocked sensors. With this information in hand now for a few years (at least) the response airbus apparently give is that there is a procedure for dealing with this scenario and they are currently working on a fix. Surely there is needs to be more pressure coming from the aviation authority.

The whole debate around the real time monitoring and sending back of data is another one altogether but I'd like to see a permanent fix to the actual root cause which I presume isn't Airbus specific.

muppet

Quote from: DennistheMenace on March 24, 2015, 09:09:54 AM
The thing I can't really comprehend is that it's been proven that the root cause of these issues are frozen or blocked sensors. With this information in hand now for a few years (at least) the response airbus apparently give is that there is a procedure for dealing with this scenario and they are currently working on a fix. Surely there is needs to be more pressure coming from the aviation authority.

The whole debate around the real time monitoring and sending back of data is another one altogether but I'd like to see a permanent fix to the actual root cause which I presume isn't Airbus specific.

Your last point is interesting. The sensor problem appears to be Airbus specific, but then it may happen on other types and is simply handled much better and thus we don't hear about it as much.

There are people theorising about super-cooled water droplets that can exist at much lower temperatures and than previously assumed (-40c). These would ice up anything metal they touched instantly (like freezing rain in Canada). But this hasn't been proven.

MWWSI 2017

Minder

An Airbus travelling from Barcelona to Dusselldorf has crashed in French Alps
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Minder on March 24, 2015, 10:41:49 AM
An Airbus travelling from Barcelona to Dusselldorf has crashed in French Alps

Jesus, looks like the flight from Barcelona to Dusseldorf.

Hardy

Quote from: foxcommander on March 23, 2015, 09:18:49 PM
And another one yesterday, the pilots appear to have dealt with it well though: http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/558483-iced-aoa-sensors-send-a321-into-deep-dive.html

This looks like iced up probes fooled the autopilot into thinking it was stalling. The computers took over and incorrectly put the aircraft into a descent. The pilots recognised that was not the right course of action and 'turned off the computers'. In reality it means the pilots shut down enough navigational systems (e.g. 2 out of three ADIRUs) to force the aircraft computers to hand over control to the pilots.

It's probably a new notion to you, but some people know stuff.

foxcommander

Quote from: Hardy on March 24, 2015, 12:46:18 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 23, 2015, 09:18:49 PM

It's probably a new notion to you, but some people know stuff.

Admirable that you felt the need to step in there...good on ya...
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie