Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Joe

HiMucker

If only there was someone on this board who knew what went on here?

Christmas Lights

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 21, 2017, 01:58:44 PM
Quote from: bamboo on August 21, 2017, 01:34:20 PM
Frampton confirms the split

Still using Shane though?

LOL, of course not.  Ties have been cut.  Thats business.  Probably for the best, he was probably scundered with the McGuigans, surprised he stuck them for so long.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: HiMucker on August 21, 2017, 02:12:22 PM
If only there was someone on this board who knew what went on here?

The travel expenses from Clones proved too much.

bennydorano

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 21, 2017, 05:22:56 PM

LOL, of course not.  Ties have been cut.  Thats business.  Probably for the best, he was probably scundered with the McGuigans, surprised he stuck them for so long.
Maybe I've missed it but I haven't read anywhere that he's left Shane? Not all Shane's fighters are with Cyclone Promotions.

JoG2

Why are you surprised he stuck with Shane McGuigan for so long?

Watched the Crawford fight there.. A serious operator! Not long now to the Alvarez GGG fight, should be some scrap

JimStynes

Hearing all sorts of rumours regarding the McGuigan split. Anyone know what the craic is?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on August 21, 2017, 10:44:41 PM
Hearing all sorts of rumours regarding the McGuigan split. Anyone know what the craic is?

What you hear??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CiKe

Quote from: JoG2 on August 21, 2017, 09:47:14 PM

Why are you surprised he stuck with Shane McGuigan for so long?

Watched the Crawford fight there.. A serious operator! Not long now to the Alvarez GGG fight, should be some scrap

I know vastly different fighters but struggling to get excited for this knowing how Mayweather schooled Canelo. Styles make fights and all, so interested to hear how much chance people are giving him

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2017, 10:47:56 PM

What you hear??

from another forum:

Reliable informed from a couple of people who know him is that he has been funding the Cyclone organisation for a while. Quite a lot of overheads (especially McGuigan family) and no cash coming in.

He allegedly was not paid for his last fight and had enough.

Hence the  suspicious weigh in....

Orior

I also heard that McGuigan was more at fault than Eastwood when they split, and it was all about money. But again, that is second hand information.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on August 21, 2017, 11:14:09 PM

What you hear??

from another forum:

Reliable informed from a couple of people who know him is that he has been funding the Cyclone organisation for a while. Quite a lot of overheads (especially McGuigan family) and no cash coming in.

I've said in the recent past there has been a lot of discord within the group... hopefully there is no nastiness and it is a clean break... I've seen first hand a lot of McGuigan support for Carl, the problem is that the Cyclone promotions is all the McGuigan family, they are all on the payroll, if you are not fighting and earning a purse , people still need to be paid and bills...

Carl was promised more fights but Bary was keen to limit the fights.. I know Carl has at the very least 4/5 fights left and he can hang the gloves up with a great career behind him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CiKe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2017, 11:50:54 PM

What you hear??

from another forum:

I've said in the recent past there has been a lot of discord within the group... hopefully there is no nastiness and it is a clean break... I've seen first hand a lot of McGuigan support for Carl, the problem is that the Cyclone promotions is all the McGuigan family, they are all on the payroll, if you are not fighting and earning a purse , people still need to be paid and bills...

Carl was promised more fights but Bary was keen to limit the fights.. I know Carl has at the very least 4/5 fights left and he can hang the gloves up with a great career behind him

Very least or very most? The latter I'd have thought?

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2017, 11:50:54 PM

What you hear??

from another forum:

So are the rumours true? Did he really not get paid?

TyroneOnlooker

Story i heard from someone in the boxing game in Belfast was that the purse has been getting smaller over the last 3 fights. Something in the region of £2.5m then £2m then £1m for the last one which he allegedly didn't even receive. McGuigan has apparently fallen out with every promoter and tv outfit and can't get any decent deals. I think frampton had no choice but to walk.