Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on October 17, 2017, 02:06:24 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on October 17, 2017, 02:02:10 PM
I seen something that said in the last 10 away games against the 'big 5' United have not scored in 8 of games.  While I think Klopp was as much to blame as Mourinho on Sunday, I definitely don't see the value in trying for a point in these games that are very winnable.  There is not much of a win in taking the point, its only 1 more than you get for a loss.  Alternatively,United had Martial, Lukaku, Mhikitaryan etc in the final third of the pitch on Sunday therefore a lof of the blame has to lay with them too.  They are meant to be attacking players and its not Mourinho's fault if they play as poorly as they did.

Interesting opinion I don't remember Liverpool lining up with 6 at the back?!

What 6 defenders did United play?

For a manager that was 'going for it', strange to see Klopp take off his best two attacking players with a good 15 minutes to go. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 18, 2017, 08:15:50 AM
I seen something that said in the last 10 away games against the 'big 5' United have not scored in 8 of games.  While I think Klopp was as much to blame as Mourinho on Sunday, I definitely don't see the value in trying for a point in these games that are very winnable.  There is not much of a win in taking the point, its only 1 more than you get for a loss.  Alternatively,United had Martial, Lukaku, Mhikitaryan etc in the final third of the pitch on Sunday therefore a lof of the blame has to lay with them too.  They are meant to be attacking players and its not Mourinho's fault if they play as poorly as they did.

For a manager that was 'going for it', strange to see Klopp take off his best two attacking players with a good 15 minutes to go.

Anytime Liverpool had the ball in MF the full backs tucked into the box and the wingers played as full backs then.

Did you watch the match?

I would have thought it fairly obvious that with Salah and Coutinho playing 2 games and travelling long distances in a short space of time that it was inevitable they would be taken off.

Not that I'm some great Liverpool supporter but Jose bottled it and that is the reason City will win the title!!

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on October 18, 2017, 09:58:36 AM

Anytime Liverpool had the ball in MF the full backs tucked into the box and the wingers played as full backs then.

Did you watch the match?

I would have thought it fairly obvious that with Salah and Coutinho playing 2 games and travelling long distances in a short space of time that it was inevitable they would be taken off.

Not that I'm some great Liverpool supporter but Jose bottled it and that is the reason City will win the title!!

Salah and Coutinho must have been the only two that played two games and travelled big distances.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Did you watch the match?

So they didn't play with 6 defenders then just asked their midfielders to defend when the other team had the ball? A fairly regular state of affairs I'd say. City won't win the league cause Jose bottles it they'll win cause they're a better team..

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 18, 2017, 11:29:20 AM

Did you watch the match?

Salah and Coutinho must have been the only two that played two games and travelled big distances.

Pretty sure that is correct yes. . .

stew

Liverpool cannot score in the last fifteen minutes, United do nothing but score in the last fifteen minutes, Klopp probably settled for a draw at the 70 minute mark, Mourinho settled for a pointon the bus on the way to the stadium.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on October 18, 2017, 11:43:03 AM

Did you watch the match?

So were no United players playing international football last week?

trueblue1234

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 18, 2017, 01:01:31 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 18, 2017, 11:43:03 AM

Did you watch the match?

So were no United players playing international football last week?

Mourinho would get rightly pissed off if Klopp started substituting off united players....
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Over the Bar

Lovren too maybe going by the way he tried to get himself subbed by lying down like a girl's blouse?

Minder

Let it go lads, it's over
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Over the Bar

Quote from: Minder on October 18, 2017, 03:04:33 PM
Let it go lads, it's over

Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war!

StGallsGAA

Would that not technically be OG? Keeper carried over the line after all??

Cunny Funt

Another poor spectacle. Tough on the 18 year old keeper to concede a goal like that.  Rashford limped off tonight the injuries are mounting up with Pogba, Bailly, Fellaini, Carrick, Zlatan already out.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 18, 2017, 09:49:01 PM
Another poor spectacle. Tough on the 18 year old keeper to concede a goal like that.  Rashford limped off tonight the injuries are mounting up with Pogba, Bailly, Fellaini, Carrick, Zlatan already out.

Apparently Utd don't have any injuries!

Poor display but 3 wins in a row 9 points and all but secured top place..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

A professional performance from United, we had a lot of possession especially in that second half but struggled to break them down. Too many attacking players didn't play well again mainly Lukaku & Mkhitaryan.

Injuries are mounting which is a worry, hopefully Rashford's isn't too serious and the Fellaini & Pogba aren't too far off returning.