The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/nicola-anderson-clothes-worn-by-olding-on-night-of-alleged-rape-never-recovered-court-hears-36626819.html

while Mr Olding's home had been searched during the time he was being interviewed and other items of clothing retrieved, the outfit he had worn on the night was not retrieved, Frank O'Donoghue QC ascertained.

The court did not hear the reason behind this and no suggestions were proffered.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/semen-of-ulster-rugby-star-olding-found-on-alleged-victims-clothes-36630706.html

Semen containing the DNA of Ulster and Ireland rugby player Stuart Olding was found on the clothes of a woman he is accused of raping, a court has heard.

Samples taken from the young woman's clothes she wore on the night of the alleged attack were examined by a senior forensic scientist.

Giving evidence in court, the Forensic Service officer confirmed that traces of Mr Olding's semen were found on the complainant's white jeans, underwear and black sequins top.

Mr Olding (24) and his teammate Paddy Jackson (26) deny rape.

Mr Jackson denies a further charge of sexual assault.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2018, 12:42:57 PM
or what happened on the night is probably why they wont get convicted?

Still showing yourself up I see.

AQMP

Quote from: Ty4Sam on February 23, 2018, 12:06:59 PM
Quote from: AQMP on February 23, 2018, 09:50:07 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on February 23, 2018, 08:46:02 AM
Mucker it's not just the fact that she took her top off. It's that she wants the jury to believe she did it under intimidation but can't remember who told her to take it off. I've said that 2 or 3 times already though and you seem to be deliberately misrepresenting what I said to suit your point.

Seanie, you're getting as bad as Syf for the condescending, self-righteous remarks and it seems to be a theme with one side of the argument in this thread.

The issue for the jury should be that no matter who "told" her to take off her top or whether she took it off voluntarily, the fact that she took off her top does not mean that she was consenting to have sex.  To make it more complex, as someone else posted, consent can be given and then withdrawn at any time.  I wouldn't fancy being a juror on this one.

Interesting point. If someone has given consent and then withdraws it during the 'incident' they surely have to make that known to the other person/persons? Would this have to be done verbally ie. 'no'?

I'm not saying that this happened in this case, just on a general point, I'm no expert but I would think if a woman consented to sex and then changed her mind she would likely have to make that known verbally.

AZOffaly

Paddy Jackson's statement sounds less than convincing.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 23, 2018, 12:56:36 PM

And Olding freely admitted to having downed the worth of 16 or 17 pints of alcohol before getting to the after-party at Jackson's House..

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on February 23, 2018, 01:00:12 PM

And Olding freely admitted to having downed the worth of 16 or 17 pints of alcohol before getting to the after-party at Jackson's House..

Yep. He drank enough to put me asleep for a week.

Milltown Row2

How he managed to produce that amount of semen after that amount of drinks is commendable
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 23, 2018, 01:13:28 PM

How he managed to produce that amount of semen after that amount of drinks is commendable

Disgusting.

Tony Baloney

On what basis? I have just read it (or part of it) on BBC News and it seems as convincing as you find it unconvincing.

AQMP

Going by Frank Greaney's tweets Jackson was interviewed by police four times.  In three of the four interviews he "No Commented".

AQMP

It would have been interesting to see the reaction had the alleged victim drank that much.

AZOffaly

He says she started giving him Oral, and then when Olding came in they switched positions, but he used his fingers. Olding says when he came in the girl was straddling Jackson, and they were kissing. Jacksons sounds like he's trying to minimise what happened. 'She started blowing me, I couldn't finish, so I 'swapped' with Olding and started using my fingers'. It doesn't ring true.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 23, 2018, 01:32:16 PM
On what basis? I have just read it (or part of it) on BBC News and it seems as convincing as you find it unconvincing.

Inconsistencies with Harrison's evidence for a start.

AQMP

There are a few important things Olding can't remember about his jeans.  Who took them off and what happened to them afterwards!

Link

Quote from: AQMP on February 23, 2018, 01:33:39 PM
Going by Frank Greaney's tweets Jackson was interviewed by police four times.  In three of the four interviews he "No Commented".

He did make a comment in the first one but it was finished early due to "lack of pre-interview disclosure". Probably just doing what his solicitor told him to do.

What else are you looking him to say? The 3rd interview was fairly detailed which happened on the same day as the 2nd interview.