All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Kurtz

macdanger2

If you were to pick a team from the two, who would you go with?  For me it'd be:

Clarke (although I don't know much about the Kerry keeper tbh)
Enright Harrison Higgins
Keegan Boyle Morley (although I could see Crowley replacing either Boyle or Morley)
Moran Parsons (tight call for the 2nd position)
McLoughlin AOS Buckley (two slow men in the HF line though)
Geaney COC JOD (COC ahead of moran for his free taking)

The team is perhaps lacking balance and I surely have a mayo bias (giving probably 3 marginal decisions our way) but I'm giving it 8-6 on outfield players to mayo.

Kerry have more on the bench I think - Maher/Barry, O'Brien, McCarthy, Darren o's, bjk, savage compared to coen, doc/Vaughan, Loftus, drake, Nally

I think we'll push them close but scores from the bench might get them over the line - unless we somehow manage to stifle the influence of Moran in a massive way

highorlow

QuoteI used to enjoy the build up to these big games, not anymore its such a load of dishonest bollixolgy.

You can sing that. Just read the Bombers article over lunch. Talking down the Kerry midfield and talking up ours.

The Kerry byes at this stage must know that everyone is wise to yer aul bollixolgy.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Crete Boom

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 17, 2017, 12:33:50 PM
Predictions?

Mayo 3-13 Kerry 1-16

Deegan to black card Paul Geaney for nothing in the first half, award two soft penalties to Mayo (Keegan with a blantant dive for one), Donaghy to be assaulted all day with no consequences and Mayo to get every soft free imaginable with only about 1-4 of our 3-13 to come from play! :D
Kerry to score all but 3 points of their total from play and have a perfect goal disallowed for an open fist hanpass (remember that rule from a few years ago)!! ;D

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Thy Kingdom Come

Never fails to amuse me how Mayo supporters continuously go in blind into games. They hammer an average Roscommon team after giving them far too much respect in the original fixture and suddenly they are a serious outfit. For all their Huffing and Puffing it's been 5 years since Mayo took a serious scalp in the Championship - Dublin 2012. Like Tyrone they like to believe in their own importance. The game will be up for this group on Sunday! They, like other Mayo teams will join in the annals of cumulative under-achievers of their predecessors!

Kerry by 5 (and pulling up at that)!

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on August 17, 2017, 02:56:57 PM
Never fails to amuse me how Mayo supporters continuously go in blind into games. They hammer an average Roscommon team after giving them far too much respect in the original fixture and suddenly they are a serious outfit. For all their Huffing and Puffing it's been 5 years since Mayo took a serious scalp in the Championship - Dublin 2012. Like Tyrone they like to believe in their own importance. The game will be up for this group on Sunday! They, like other Mayo teams will join in the annals of cumulative under-achievers of their predecessors!

Have to agree, reading nothing into the Rossie replay, cant see anything other than a Kerry win.

Mayo4Sam14

macdanger2

Typical cute hoorism from the yerras

Mayo4Sam14

If Mayo play a sweeper and hold the half backs back we wont get scores. If we dont well get ripped apart, so really cant see anything outside a kerry win.

From the Bunker

Looking forward to seeing your posts on Sunday evening. Kerry don't hold the aura of '04-'06 for this group. There is much more pressure on this Kerry Group as there is on Mayo, even more. Losing to Mayo would put them down the pecking order. They have been ranked 2nd the last couple of years based purely on tradition.

Speaking of scalps! Who has been Kerrys last big Scalp? Mayo 2014? Not one to put in the scrap book!

Thy Kingdom Come

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 17, 2017, 03:13:44 PM

Looking forward to seeing your posts on Sunday evening. Kerry don't hold the aura of '04-'06 for this group. There is much more pressure on this Kerry Group as there is on Mayo, even more. Losing to Mayo would put them down the pecking order. They have been ranked 2nd the last couple of years based purely on tradition.

Speaking of scalps! Who has been Kerrys last big Scalp? Mayo 2014? Not one to put in the scrap book!

Don't kid yourself as to Mayo being a scalp! You where just another county in the way of us winning another AI title that year. You threw your best at us and we still beat ye. Must be depressing to have given some much and still come up short to what was then a Kerry team in transition.