The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Esmarelda on December 11, 2017, 11:12:06 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 11, 2017, 11:08:39 AM
Well to push someone, you have to extend your arms. Try and push something without extending your arms? If he saw that, then he gives a penalty. If he didn't then he's just guessing.
How far do you have to extend your arms?

Walk up behind someone with the backs of  your hands on  your chest, you barely have to bend your arms to make a pushing movement.

You're right, he's guessing. In my opinion, Lovren gave him enough reason to make the call. And, as it happens, I think it was a correct call.

I think that is fair enough, my only issue with the decision would be, if that is enough of a 'push' for a penalty, then surely there should be a penalty awarded at pretty much every single corner?
It was certainly very soft, but either way , it was really poor defending from Lovren. First to lose the flight of the ball and get caught under it, and then secondly to get that close to a player who was moving away from goal and have very little chance of getting a  shot away and no support up with him.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

Plenty of changes tonight. Karius in goal. Gomez out TAA in. Hendo out Can in.
Fab 4 back together though.
Liverpool XI vs. West Brom: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Klavan, Robertson, Can, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Salah, Mane, Firmino
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Some strike force tonight, Klopp picking the team the media wants
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Well that was frustrating to watch. As poor as they have  played in a long time. Nothing came off tonight. 1-2 passes ,through balls nothing seemed to come off. Mane had another stinker.
Solanke goal maybe a bit unfairly disallowed for handball but apart from that they created very little.

From the Bunker

Solonke Goal was hand ball. No arguments there! A lot of huffing and puffing.

StGallsGAA

Heard the woodwork saved you a point tonight? Lucky enough?

Boycey

Looks like the Fab Four were playing with the Secret Seven??

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 13, 2017, 09:58:20 PM
Yes it hit his hand but it wasn't a deliberate handball.
It hit another part of him first and brushed off his arm/hand. There wasn't much he could do about it.I thought it was very unlucky to be disallowed.
Plenty of huff and puff alright apart from that though.
WBA while they parked the bus for long periods actually attacked more than say Man United  and Everton combined when they played at Anfield and could maybe have nicked one themselves.

Milltown Row2

Big difference between WBA and Utd in the league though, so that's a stupid point

StGallsGAA

Quote from: laoislad on December 13, 2017, 10:06:20 PM
It hit another part of him first and brushed off his arm/hand. There wasn't much he could do about it.I thought it was very unlucky to be disallowed.
WBA while they parked the bus for long periods actually attacked more than say Man United  and Everton combined when they played at Anfield.

That's comforting no doubt??  ;D

SHEEDY

Did klopp take the players down to the kop to hold hands/celebrate another draw with west brom??
nil satis nisi optimum

From the Bunker

Quote from: StGallsGAA on December 13, 2017, 10:15:54 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 13, 2017, 10:06:20 PM
WBA while they parked the bus for long periods actually attacked more than say Man United  and Everton combined when they played at Anfield.

That's comforting no doubt??  ;D

What's that noise i hear from the dressing room next door?

From the Bunker

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 13, 2017, 10:25:53 PM
Did klopp take the players down to the kop to hold hands/celebrate another draw with west brom??

We were inspired by your celebrations at getting the same result last Sunday!