The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

on the sideline

If we're not going to sign VVD then please bring back in Sakho and get rid of Lovren!!! >:(
Or better still get him signed and bring Sakho back in too!

bennydorano

Where's Fearon with the Baywatch puns?

gawa316

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2017, 11:11:27 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 15, 2017, 11:05:07 PM
Quote from: Orior on August 15, 2017, 10:33:59 PM
One of the luckiest wins ever.

1) Hoff should have scored their penalty
2) Liverpool opener was the fault of a Hoff defender who ducked
3) Liverpool second goal a fluke
4) Hoff missed a number of sitters near the end

For those of you who didn't see it, don't bother watching the highlights, the above sums it up perfectly ::)

Your assessment would be?

Very, very open game that could've ended 4-4. Point 1-4 above are pointless, it's football...shit happens.

Point 1: There is a goalkeeper on the line for a reason
Point 2 & 3: They were goals, doesn't matter how they were scored
Point 4: Liverpool also missed numerous 'sitters'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on August 16, 2017, 12:05:28 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2017, 11:11:27 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on August 15, 2017, 11:05:07 PM

For those of you who didn't see it, don't bother watching the highlights, the above sums it up perfectly ::)

Your assessment would be?

Very, very open game that could've ended 4-4. Point 1-4 above are pointless, it's football...shit happens.

Point 1: There is a goalkeeper on the line for a reason
Point 2 & 3: They were goals, doesn't matter how they were scored
Point 4: Liverpool also missed numerous 'sitters'

Very similar then to what Orior said then....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Aaron Boone

Good to see Trent Alexander-Arnold is Liverpool born-and-bred. Came through the Academy.

gawa316

Armamike

Great result. Hoffenheim hadn't been beaten at home in something like 14 months. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

Main Street

After last night's game I was thinking that Liverpool could do with an all round midfield maestro (who wouldn't)  and that there might be a few years left in Luka Modric (the gold standard of maestros) under contract at RM  until 2018,  his salary is not outrageous by current standards but I see there's a buyout clause of Eur500m inserted in his contract  ;D
This inflation at the top end of the game is akin to Germany under the Weimar republic

laoislad

1) Why should he have scored? What right had he?
Mings has saved 7 of 20 penalties he has faced for Liveprool. 1 in 3 not bad.
2) Nonsense it was a fantastic strike and Mane looked like he was through on goal before he was fouled anyway.
3) Yes but no. It got a lucky deflection but Salah was coming in at the far post.  Whose to say he wouldn't have scored.
4) Yes but so did Liverpool throughout the game.

To sum up. You're talking shite. One of the luckiest wins ever me hole.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

You've more or less agreed with 2 of his points, and penalties should always be scored... Whether Mane would have scored is debateable or Salah too for that matter...

Bar 25 minutes the Germans had control of that game, the measure of a good team though is what you do in those 25 minutes and thats score goals... Liverpool will do as well as last year or better providing they keep their players fit all season

couple of good players breaking through the team also, good to see clubs can dip into their youth set up and unearth a player or two every other season
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on August 15, 2017, 09:34:32 PM
Lovren is a donkey, you have one job to do there, maintain a high line...
Him and Moreno together are a comedy act.
Moreno has gone back to being himself after one decent game against Munich.
What's the story with Roberston I wonder. I'm guessing he was one of the Plan A signings so it's odd not to see him even make the squad.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

That's what I thought too. Look I'm on record as saying Lovren has all the tools to be a great centre back. He's big, strong, relatively quick, can tackle, can head and can read the game. He can also pass. But he is an absolute cluster f**k when it comes to confidence, or leadership. He's one of life's natural followers, not a leader.  He cannot handle it when there is any sort of instability.

As for Moreno, he is a disaster, and I cannot understand how Robertson is not playing, unless he's proving a donkey in training. We've know Moreno can't defend and has the positional sense of a beheaded chicken, so how on earth is he now first choice left back?

Denn Forever

QuoteI cannot understand how Robertson is not playing,

Maybe Klopp doesn't think he's fit enough for the  way he wants him to play.  That said, Liverpool are crying out for a an all out defender.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

J70

Moreno is in, for now, because there is much more of a threat going forward with him in the team. As soon as he costs them a game again through being 10 yards away from where he is supposed to be, he will be out.

Armamike

Moreno is living off luck and if Klopp is stupid enough to keep playing him that luck will run out very soon against half decent opposition in the premier league.  It's obvious at this stage he's a) not learning or  b) the manager gives him carte blanche to forget about tracking back (hard to believe that would be the case).  He's clueless at the back and its only good fortune that the team doesn't get punished more for his constant lapses.  A good athlete but zero football intelligence.  I can't understand why his teammates don't get stuck into him more, but they're not the most vocal or forthright bunch.  The sight of him in a Liverpool jersey pisses me off.
That's just, like your opinion man.