Orior

Good warm up for Armagh today.

FT in Ó Fiaich Cup Ard Mhacha 2-20 Doire 3-13
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on December 04, 2016, 03:24:27 PM

I'm glad the team was warmed up,  the spectators were foundered.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on December 04, 2016, 05:21:49 PM

Clearly wearing the wrong trousers.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

naka

Is aidan o Rourke no longer part of the orchard management team?

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on December 04, 2016, 05:54:53 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 04, 2016, 05:21:49 PM

Clearly wearing the wrong trousers.

Yes,  I used wear my brown  trousers for recent Armagh games,  but after today's performance I can now wear any pair I want.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Goldengreen

word is the it will be the Donegal u-21 squad that will represent Donegal in the Dr. MCKenna cup, players and manager

http://www.donegalsporthub.com/32620-2/

16 of the senior panel would be unavailable due to playing with their colleges.

J70

Quote from: Goldengreen on December 09, 2016, 10:22:36 AM
word is the it will be the Donegal u-21 squad that will represent Donegal in the Dr. MCKenna cup, players and manager

Might mean a tentative start to the league, but who gives a bollocks, really?

Hope Rory uses his squad in the league this year. No need for Murphy, Lacey, Big Neil and the rest to be playing every game from February onwards.

The Trap

I hear that Tyrone are going to play their under 21 team as well.............interesting development!

Goldengreen

Quote from: J70 on December 09, 2016, 11:21:00 AM
Quote from: Goldengreen on December 09, 2016, 10:22:36 AM

Might mean a tentative start to the league, but who gives a bollocks, really?

Hope Rory uses his squad in the league this year. No need for Murphy, Lacey, Big Neil and the rest to be playing every game from February onwards.
+1 use the league for the squad and give the older guys a rest

ONeill

If Tyrone to lift the Doctor this year, it must be up there with the great achievements in world sport, if not beyond.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

southtyronegael

mickey harte will be all out to win the mc kenna cup again. could be the only trophy he wins all year. no chance him playing the u 21 team.

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on December 12, 2016, 11:07:59 PM
If Tyrone to lift the Doctor this year, it must be up there with the great achievements in world sport, if not beyond.

Pfft, sure Aaron Findon lifted the doctor a couple of years ago on his own.

never kickt a ball

Huge setback in the drive for five:

Armagh trounce Tyrone in Final

Thirteen-man Armagh won the O'Fiaich Cup with a six-point win over holders Tyrone, 3-10 to 0-13, at Crossmaglen.

Two fine goals from Ethan Rafferty and a Conor White strike proved enough for Kieran McGeeney's side to triumph.

The Orchard men held out to claim the trophy despite having White and Aidan Forker sent-off in the second half.

Armagh led 2-5 to 0-7 at the break and their third goal 90 seconds into the second half gave them a vital cushion when their numbers were reduced.

Each time the Red Hands went level, the Orchard men hit them with a goal.

Harry Loughran had just tied it up at 0-3 each when White collected Oisin MacIomhair's pass to fire a low, angled shot past Mickey O'Neill.

And in the 36th minute, moments after Cathal McShane's point had made it 1-4 to 0-7, Rafferty set the game alight with a brilliant strike, smashed into the net from 12 yards from Rory Grugan's assist.

The Tyrone defence was caught cold after losing a kick-out, and Rafferty raced through to slot a low shot to the net for his second.

Points from Oisin MacIomhair and Anthony Duffy opened up a massive nine points gap, before White and Forker were both sent off on second bookings.

Tyrone fought back with scores from Declan McClure, Ronan O'Neill and Lee Brennan, but they had too much to do, and Armagh claimed the trophy with six points to spare.

Armagh scorers: Ethan Rafferty 2-3 (0-1 free, 0-1 '45), Conor White 1-0, Rory Grugan 0-2 (2 frees), Oisin MacIomhair (free), Anthony Duffy, Ben Crealey, Paul Hughes, Stefan Campbell 0-1 each.

Tyrone scorers: Ronan O'Neill 0-6 (5 frees), Declan McClure 0-2, Cahir McCullagh, Michael Cassidy, Harry Loughran, Lee Brennan, Cathal McShane 0-1 each

Armagh: Paddy Morrison, Paul Hughes, Brendan Donaghy, Ruairi McCaughley, Joe McElroy, Shea Heffron, Ciaran Higgins, Ben Crealey, Stephen Sheridan, Aidan Forker, Conor White, Rory Grugan, Anthony Duffy, Ethan Rafferty, Oisin MacIomhair.

Subs: Matthew McNeice for Morrison, Stefan Campbell for Duffy, Aaron McKay for Heffron, Charlie Vernon for Higgins, Aaron Findon for Rafferty, Jemar Hall for MacIomhair.

Tyrone: Mickey O'Neill, Ruairi Mullan, Hugh Pat McGeary, Michael Cassidy, Harry Loughran, Johnny Munroe, Conor Meyler, Conor Clarke, Cathal McShane, Declan McClure, Ronan O'Neill, Cahir McCullagh, Darren McCurry, Niall McKenna, Ronan McHugh.

Subs: Peter Harte for Clarke, Niall Sludden for Mullan, Aidan McCrory for McCullagh, Lee Brennan for McKenna, Frank Burns for McHugh

Referee: Martin McNally (Monaghan).

http://armaghgaa.net/football/armagh-trounce-tyrone-final/

never kickt a ball

Sunday 8th January: Round 1

Section A

Fixture                    Venue
Down v QUB    RGU Downpatrick
Derry v Armagh    Owenbeg

Section B
Antrim v St Mary's   Corrigan Park
Monaghan v Fermanagh   Clones

Section C
Cavan v Tyrone   Kingspan Breffni Park
Donegal v Ulster University

never kickt a ball

Donegal squad

Donegal have followed through with their plan to field a under-21 squad in their McKenna Cup campaign which starts against Ulster University on Sunday.

Killybegs' Eoghan Ban Gallagher and Gweedore duo Stephen McBrearty and Michael Carroll are the only members of the squad with senior experience.

Under-21 boss Declan Bonner will be in charge of the team in the competition.

The Ulster University squad includes the McHugh cousins Ryan and Eoin plus another Kilcar man Patrick McBrearty.

A number of other Donegal players including Martin O'Reilly of Queens, will play for third-level teams in the January season-opening competitions which also include the O'Byrne Cup in Leinster and the Connacht League.

The Donegal McKenna Cup panel includes Inishowen-based players Tony McClenaghan, Dylan Doherty, Ciaran Diver (all Moville), Danny Monagle (Carndonagh) and John Campbell (Buncrana).

Last month, Tyrone manager Mickey Harte said that he was "sceptical" following reports that Donegal would use an under-21 squad in the McKenna Cup.

However, Donegal manager Rory Gallagher is said to have taken decision in order to give his experienced players an extra break prior to the start of the Football League in early February.

Holders Tyrone open their McKenna Cup defence against Cavan at Breffni Park on Sunday.

Antrim's Section B opener against St Mary's has been switched from Corrigan Park to Glenavy.

Donegal McKenna Cup panel: Danny Rodgers (Dungloe), Daire O'Baoill (Gweedore), Tony McClenaghan (Moville), Niall Friel (Gweedore), Stephen McMenamin (Ballyshannon), Ciaran Gibbons (Glenswilly), Colm Kelly (Ballyshannon), Michael Lynch (Newtowncunningham), Conor Morrison (St Eunan's), Danny Monagle (Carndonagh), Andrew McClean (Kilcar), Eoghan Ban Gallagher (Killybegs), Stephen McBrearty (Kilcar), Jamie Brennan (Bundoran), Michael Carroll (Gweedore), Dylan Doherty (Moville), Christian Bonner (Na Rossa), Daniel Clarke (Newtowncunningham), Niall O'Donnell (St Eunan's), Naoise O Baoill (Gweedore), Michael Langan (St Michael's), Ciaran Diver (Moville), Jason McGee (Cloughaneely), Brendan McCole (St Naul's), John Campbell (Buncrana), Ethan O'Donnell (Naomh Conaill).

http://bbc.in/2j4F3WH