2021 Masters

Started by Boycey, April 05, 2021, 06:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Angelo

I'll resign from the board if McIlroy wins.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

yellowcard

It's probably the easiest major to predict in terms of rarely producing a real long shot as winner.

I think Spieth is the man to beat this week, but most of the usual suspects will contend like Johnson, Thomas, Rahm and Dechambeau. Hopefully McIlroy and Lowry will contend and whilst the course should suit McIlroy and he has the ability, doubts still persist on his mental strength if he gets into contention.

yellowcard

Quote from: Boycey on April 05, 2021, 06:46:25 PM
Only a few months since I posted the previous one of these.

Here's the obligatory guide to who can and can't win.

https://www.golfwrx.com/651239/the-23-players-who-can-win-the-masters-2/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Center_Top&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=main

Very interesting analysis, will keep an eye on it this week.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Angelo on April 05, 2021, 06:48:45 PM
I'll resign from the board if McIlroy wins.

can't wait  ;D

de chambeau should be fav imo

screenexile

Quote from: yellowcard on April 05, 2021, 09:14:50 PM
It's probably the easiest major to predict in terms of rarely producing a real long shot as winner.

I think Spieth is the man to beat this week, but most of the usual suspects will contend like Johnson, Thomas, Rahm and Dechambeau. Hopefully McIlroy and Lowry will contend and whilst the course should suit McIlroy and he has the ability, doubts still persist on his mental strength if he gets into contention.

It's not this year especially with the struggles he's going through. It would be absolutely ridiculous if he was able to pull off a win at Augusta the way he's been playing.

The bookies are taking the absolute piss with his odds he's nowhere near that he should be 50/1 minimum!

gawa316

Spieth, JT or (hopefully) Westwood

trileacman

Quote from: yellowcard on April 05, 2021, 09:14:50 PM

Zac Johnson? Immelmann? Angel Carbera won it at 100-1 odds.

Just had a look at the roll of honour- Danny f**king Willet

I kinda know what you mean in terms of not producing a Cink or a Darren Clarke but surprises do happen at Augusta.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

smort

https://www.augusta.com/masters/players/bios/Rory_McIlroy
6 top 10s in 12 appearances, with all of them coming in the last 7 appearances. Of course he should have won one, but those results are probably as good as, if not better than, anyone else. Would suggest he will be in contention, although current form isn't great. Although that will likely be the time he wins it, when nobody thinks he can and the pressure is off

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Boycey on April 05, 2021, 06:46:25 PM
Only a few months since I posted the previous one of these.

Here's the obligatory guide to who can and can't win.

https://www.golfwrx.com/651239/the-23-players-who-can-win-the-masters-2/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Center_Top&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=main

Good man. I use this every year. It's fairly decent in terms of returns from what I recall.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: smort on April 06, 2021, 07:42:26 AM

https://www.augusta.com/masters/players/bios/Rory_McIlroy
6 top 10s in 12 appearances, with all of them coming in the last 7 appearances. Of course he should have won one, but those results are probably as good as, if not better than, anyone else. Would suggest he will be in contention, although current form isn't great. Although that will likely be the time he wins it, when nobody thinks he can and the pressure is off

Rory's a great fella for pulling out top 10 finishes without ever really being in contention. Lots of nice low Sunday numbers after shooting a 76 on Friday or Saturday.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Boycey

Would 6 top ten finishes not indicate a modicum of ability to play round the place if nothing else FFS.... The gymnastics people perform to do down McIlroy never ceases to amaze me. He's a contender at every major he tees up at.

Angelo

The McIlroy fanboys getting tetchy and he hasn't even bottled this one yet!
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Angelo on April 06, 2021, 02:16:53 PM

just wait til sunday, they will be apoplectic again when he runs on through beaten dockets to finish 4th  ;D

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on April 06, 2021, 02:16:53 PM

I see your now a golf expert. No end to your talents.